[2.6] Chieftain dual Siege Ballista. All map mods. 8k life. Beginner and budget tips.

"
baerithrine wrote:
"
Vipermagi wrote:
"
baerithrine wrote:
Can ballista proc bleed from Rupture Deadeye Ascendancy?

Yes. Totems use your offensive stats, which includes on-Hit modifiers such as Bleed.

So is Rupture worth it then?
I'm running with Rupture and it proved pretty worth on encounters when the boss chases you a lot (like Izaro or Argus, for example).

And speaking of uber lab, it removes additional damage from bleed so if a sentry bleeds you without considerable damage you can keep running without wasting a flask charge.
Last edited by kaelsy on Sep 16, 2016, 12:04:45 PM
@Elua

Do those % chance of projectiles piercing nodes at bow mastery work with drillneck to increase proectile damage ?

I am just thinking on raising damage abit this way( ok less tanky, cause need at least 6 points to get there) without spending alot currency for really highend gear.

"
Kharadas wrote:
@Elua

Do those % chance of projectiles piercing nodes at bow mastery work with drillneck to increase proectile damage ?

I am just thinking on raising damage abit this way( ok less tanky, cause need at least 6 points to get there) without spending alot currency for really highend gear.

Siege ballista gem have 100% pierce chance and this is cap. Any more % simply don't work.
Drillneck adds 100% more dmg because of that, and ofc this can't be raised more.
So all projectiles piercing nodes not working witch siege ballista.
Hi Elua, just wanted to say I'm enjoying the build quite a lot. I'm currently progressing just nicely through tier 9-10 maps in the new essence league.

I've noticed prices can get pretty crazy if you want a decent jewel. Anything with three useful stats can be upwards of 1ex each. It's a cool build. You can spend 10c and do enough or you could spend 20 ex and really crush. Should I save these jewels for last?

Where would you recommend spending your first few exalts if you have them? i'm currently just running tabula rasa as well. Should I upgrade my gems first?

Thank you!
"
Zenzy wrote:
Hi Elua, just wanted to say I'm enjoying the build quite a lot. I'm currently progressing just nicely through tier 9-10 maps in the new essence league.

I've noticed prices can get pretty crazy if you want a decent jewel. Anything with three useful stats can be upwards of 1ex each. It's a cool build. You can spend 10c and do enough or you could spend 20 ex and really crush. Should I save these jewels for last?

Where would you recommend spending your first few exalts if you have them? i'm currently just running tabula rasa as well. Should I upgrade my gems first?

Thank you!

I usually starts mapping using "Queen of the Forest" robe, 5L. It cost around 30-40c ( no linked one only 1c, you can buy 5L prophecy around 28-32c and craft cheap 5L that way ). Next step should be upgrading Siege ballista support gems for equality ones ( most likely 14-18 quality are cheapest way to get 20q, buy some junk 20q 1c gems and vendor they for 1 GCP each )

If you got more currency you can try buy Kintsugi and 5L it. Kintsugi is simply amazing.

Jewels are very expensive, there are many totem builds in this league. To cut cost you can use no life jewels like I'm doing now because budget allows me use only that under 5c ones like :
Last edited by Elua on Sep 16, 2016, 5:35:10 PM
has anyone tried cospri's will with this build, coz of the poison and 2 curses
http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Cospri%27s_Will
and if, would this be a good option?

anyway yeah im trying this + temp chain 2 curses, feels good
Last edited by exso1 on Sep 17, 2016, 3:36:59 PM
Why not get Powerful Precision from the acendancy instead of point 7 and 8 ? im thinking of the crit chance = piercing chance ? dont it work with totems. or u have another reasoning for it ? because in my head the chance should be 100% crit. But i dont know all the mechanics in PoE, so im asking you :)

Else i like the build so far :) currently 62
"
SeraNoxa wrote:
Why not get Powerful Precision from the acendancy instead of point 7 and 8 ? im thinking of the crit chance = piercing chance ? dont it work with totems. or u have another reasoning for it ? because in my head the chance should be 100% crit. But i dont know all the mechanics in PoE, so im asking you :)

Else i like the build so far :) currently 62

'
Siege ballista gem got 100% pierce chance "build-in", and this is cap. You can't benefit from Powerful Precision at all.
@Elua
Can i kill normal Atziri with this build ?
I just want to try it for fun, cause i have never done Atziri. Right now at 26300 siege ballista tooltip dps.
"
Kharadas wrote:
@Elua
Can i kill normal Atziri with this build ?
I just want to try it for fun, cause i have never done Atziri. Right now at 26300 siege ballista tooltip dps.

Yes, but get one or two ruby flask of adrenaline for that. It will be not easy for such mediocre tooltip, but that event depends on positioning and movement mostly.

here is example how this can be done:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ktHaDt8vkBs

This guy plays bit recklessly during trash, but Atziri itself was done very nicely.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info