[3.3] Unstoppable Gladiator 78% Max Block/Spells. Best Low Budget League Starter

"
powerfulember wrote:
Hi Mariona, thx for you excellent build. I was using BoR build to lvl 85. Now I gonna change to the 6L +aegis build. In order to get EC without the BoR, which one do u think is better? Riposte + splash OR reckoning+vengeance . Also, is that worth to change to the varumantra? Right now I'm using a pretty good soul taker.

I don't recommend to switch to Varunastra. I prefer Soul Taker: easy to equip, cheaper, no mana issues, overall great performance.

For EC with 6L I pick Riposte for some additional damage that possibly could help to Stun mechanics, but truth is that both works bad against bosses, and both works good against mobs.

Glad you enjoy the build!
"
daleyyc wrote:
recommendation: legacy 15% block >200 life BoR OR Aegis Aurora with good Rare helm and body armour?

I prefer BoR version of the build. Legacy gives you great stats, only EC generation is kinda poor, but there's no problem at all with that. This build don't rely too much on EC for survivability, is just a fine addition.
"
Zerker_nz wrote:
hi mas_mariano
Thanks for the Build Guide, it's been going great, I've done up to T15's (not all) and want to get to farming Atziri (normal) and perhaps even the T16 bosses. are there any changes you would recommend to my current setup or do you think I'm good to go with what I have now?

Cheers

Right now, build posted on this guide have everything you need for all T15 bosses, Guardians and, of course, Atziri. I think that if you stick to guide you will be fine (some specific bosses require some changes on gear/gems, everything is on Boss Fights section).
"
NNF4E wrote:
for varu+aegis+ EQ.... which gem would you remove in a 5L?

im with eq+ melee phys+ added fire dmg+ less duration + weapon elemental damage...

i am missing the Increased Area of Effect/Concentrated Effect right now.

thank you.

I guess I will first remove WED and try to use Inc. AoE/Conc. Effect.
"
billy393 wrote:
If you use faster attacks with shield charge for mobility, do you really need 30% movement speed in boots? And can I ask what your Conc Effect gem level is when using cleave. I can only get mine to 12 due to INT requirements.

And what would be your favoured enchants for gloves, boots and helm?

BTW Killing tier 11-12 maps at lvl 82 with mediocre skill gem levels and crap gloves. Good build.

Cheers

Glad you like it! About your questions:

- Movement on boots is not mandatory, but sometimes, you can't rely on SC and without any modifier to speed, you will suffer (don't forget about Haku too).
- Conc. Effect has really high INT requirements, so maybe you can't level it too much, but when using Cleave I reach the INT needed for L20 thanks to Ancestral Knowledge point on tree plus some INT from rings/jewels.
- And for enchants, I recommend not using enchant on Gloves so you can take advantage of implicit from Spiked Gloves. For Boots, AS if you killed recently and for Helm, there's a description on Gear section.
"
Zazatotz wrote:
hi mas_mariano
t15 it was . . . rekt . . . LOL the block to going very well i'm lovin it :)

. . . i don't know about 4 Guardian and shaper
but !! i'll try someday.

CHEERS !!

Great! Glad the build works for you!

Guardians are totally doable, pick Violent Retaliation and go for them!

Shaper is not possible with this build, regrettably, you can't block almost any of his attacks, life pool is not enough and without instant leech fight is impossible to sustain.
"
Zerker_nz wrote:
not sure if having quality on multistrike would help or not given ele conversion anyone know?

Cheers

Yes, quality on Multistrike stacks to all your damage modifiers and works. Elemental conversion is after damage modifiers are applied.
"
SoilnRock wrote:
Finally got my last 2 Ascendancy points - now it's getting boring with 76 % Spell Block ;-)

Thinking of switching to the 6L-Aegis-Aurora version: As I do own a 6-L-Daresso's Defiance, I'd like to ask your opinion on using this chest armour.

Main benefit could be the generation of endurance charges (and onslaught) with the drawback of not adding any ES - but it would also give us two free gem slots in helmet!

As a unique helmet I maybe like the idea of Rime Gaze giving us a 5L with 200 ES, 30 % increased cold damage and free Concentrated Effect. Socketing it with Riposte, Melee Splash, Cast on Melee Kill and Immortal Call could be pretty nice.

What do you think?

Thx again for your ongoing support of this build!

(If you're in the mood, feel free to take a look at my char for general suggestions on further optimization. :-)

Glad you find this build useful!

I'm not sure about choosing Daresso's Defiance. I don't see any real improvement using it and you loose one of the two main sources of ES for your Aurora Aegis replenish. I still prefer a great rare with high mixed Armour/ES.

About Rime Gaze, I don't like it too. You loose life on helmet plus ES is not that high. If I decide to loose life on Helmet, I prefer The Vertex. But still, my choice is a great rare with high life and best ES I could get.

I'm not saying those two uniques are bad choices, just saying why I prefer to choose another gear instead.

PS: sorry I don't check your profile, but I'm trying to rush answering all pending questions in the time I got. If you need something more specific, please let me know!
"
Goggo2000 wrote:
Hi,

first i want to thank you for this guide, it`s a really grat built, especially for a newer player like me.

I wanted to ask you about the gem combination in the gloves, because you have connected cwdt and enfeeble. so it seems, that enfeeble isnt activated by cwdt. do you cast it manually?

(i am using the 6l/aegis variation)

Greets

Yes, Enfeeble is triggered with CWDT. Just consider level restrictions on spells linked to it (details on CWDT tooltip).
"
Knampfclown wrote:
I really wanted to build a character around varunastra sword because you can get some amazing triple nodes and some nice passive by sword/mace tree (culling!). How would you build it. I got legacy BoR so 15% block also legacy voidheart and mostly access to a lot of legacy items?

There's a section describing how to gear this build for Varunastra and passive tree required. Legacy BoR gives you some additional block chance so you could remove some block nodes from tree and pick something else.

PS: don't expect a great performance on Culling Strike based on Stuns. You can't stun bosses with this build.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info