[3.3] Unstoppable Gladiator 78% Max Block/Spells. Best Low Budget League Starter

One other thing, I talked to mas_mariano ingame about the Build. We came to the conclusion that the leveling area in the guide isn't that great for newer players.

As promised, how would I change it.

###

Usefull items for leveling:

General things:

Until you can use a Soul Taker, you rely on mana flasks and leech. I still use the Wurm's Molt to get the leech, if your damage get around 4k dps (physical!) you'll get enough leech to sustain your attack in battle. While moving (I'm lazy... I shieldcharge all the time) you'll need a flask here and there, so carry at least one Mana Flask.

Leveling 1-12

Spoiler
Grab your prefered skill (Molten Strike, Cleave, Groundslam) and equip a good physical weapon.

You can use the Weapon recipe for this. If possible, use the Princess Sword. It's a really good weapon which carries you to lvl 28.

"

Weapon with (40 to 69%) Increased Physical Damage:

Sell to a vendor (all together)

1x weapon you want to use + 1 rustic sash (blue or yellow rarity) + 1 Blacksmith's Whetstone

Description:
Weapon may be any rarity, recipe always makes a magic (Blue) item. The rarity and ilevel of the Rustic Sash inventory icon.pngRustic Sash determines the % roll: Magic (Blue) the "Heavy" mod (40-49%) and rare (Yellow) the "Serrated" mod (50-69%).

Additionally, grab every thing you need in your item slots, if needed you can buy rings and amulet from a vendor.

Use the Ancestral Protector till you get the Ancestral Warchief (lvl 28)

Leveling 12-28

Spoiler
By now you should got some rare gear from random drops. Use a shield + 1 good 1h phys weapon (depends on your chosen skill!) Or use the Princess. I advice to look for fast weapons with decent damage. It doesn't has to be physical damage.

Take the needed supportgems from the questrewards and if needed buy them from the vendors.

At level 28 switch to Lakishu's Blade and slot in your skill. I useed Cleave + Mele Phys + Faster Attacks (+ level 1 Multistrike from the weapon)
This technically 4L item carries you up to level 40+

If you don't have a Lakishu's just use a good rare one with good dps stats, try to upgrade your weapon frequently.

Leveling 28-42

Spoiler
Try to get your ressistances capped, especially lightning res for Dominus (act 3 Boss) and Cold for Malachai (act 4 Boss). Get at least one bleed removing flask. Try to get as much life as possible from your equipment.

At level 38+ you can do the Lab if needed. But you can easily level further without it, the additional blockchance is nice but not needed now.

levleing 42-70

Spoiler
You are now at the start of Cruel, make sure to get your resistances as high as possible and frequently try to upgrade your weapon. Do the Cruel lab when needed.

If you get one like this, it will carry you up to your Soul Taker.

At level 45 you can and should equip the Anvil amulet, its one of the key items of the build.
At level 48 you can use Voidheart, but that is not adviced for beginners, it takes some knowledge and gear/tree/gem adjustments to get it working properly.

Try to get a Soul taker at level 59!

Some thinks about Soul Taker, try to one with at least 200 phys damage and as much Attackspeed as possible. This will be your main damage source.

At Level 67 you should Equip the Bringer of Rain (BoR), get it 4L and with the correct socket colours.

At level 70 you can equip the Lioneye's Remorse shield. Don't hesitate to buy one, they are usually cheap with about 1c cost.

Leveling 70+

Spoiler
Try to get your core pieces like Taker & BoR and start with mapping. once you've got the build going try the mercy lab (some where at level 70/80).

While mapping, don't rush yourself. You don't need to do Tier 8 maps on level 71.
Collect the Engame Trials (turn off Blood rage there, those traps can be tricky). It belongs to your luck when you will finished all trials. I needed level 88 with my first Char to do all 6 of them. (I had over 20 offerings then...)

Take care of your map mods, I would Skip phys reflect and maybe even ele reflect. Every other map mod should be fine. But some are annoying.

Please note, I tried to explain how the leveling process works. I do not post any leveling trees so far.

@mas_mariano something like this is what i meant yesterday. :)

█▀▀▌ █▌█▀▀▀ █▀▀▌█▄░▌
█▀▀█ █▌▀▀▀█ █░░▌█▀▌▌
█▄▄▌ █▌█▄▄█ █▄▄▌█░█▌
"
mas_mariano wrote:

"
Bugnaz wrote:
I'm also starting to think about:

[Frequent] Cast When Stunned Support (when you block a stunning hit) + Enfeeble + Tempest Shield

[Not so frequent] Cast When Damage Taken + Immortal Call + Enduring Cry

(EDIT:) Enduring Cry won't cast through CWDT.

SirChickenOfNugget.

At level 91 with almost 5.5K life and high armour (keep in mind that I try to always have granite/jade flasks up) I don't see that CWS triggers so often. My general impression is that CWDT at level 1 triggers a lot more than CWS.

But there's some interesting things about CWS imo: you don't have limitations while levelling supported gems and could be an easy way to trigger spells against bosses because usually hits from hard bosses are "stunning hits".

Please share your thoughts after further testing. Thanks!

You are right, CWS doesn't trigger that much despite the "blocking a stunning hit" part.
Since posting here I wandered into Cruel Lab (I was lvl 52?) thinking I was about to do Normal Lab and I did find that from mobs my level / a level or two higher than me that CWDT was proc'ing a lot more.

Whilst at the first boss fight and trying to decide whether to attempt it or stop where I was and try when I was higher levelled ~ I DC'd ~ So that answered that one...
"
deadmeat9 wrote:
I almost gave up on this build didn't think the singe target was going to be good enough for higher maps ~

How do you have a chest piece as well as BoR?

I the confused....
If you put your chest before wearing BoR and then put your BoR, the chest piece stays on gear, but disabled. This is useful for two reasons:

1. If you want to use a MTX for your chest (I wear full Minotaur Armour on league).
2. Gems on chest still gain experience, so you got another 6 sockets (plus second weapon set) to level your gems.
Oh right - I didn't realise this, thank you.

Having those extra slots for levelling, and also just carrying (there's your Sunder / SS / Cleave swap gems right there) is pretty good.

Also ~ Finally caught up on this thread. I've learned a lot. Thanks everyone for sharing and caring :)
Hey,I have followed a bit and feel great, but only one question.
How to sustain life except the drinks.
In your build it seems no any life leech though.
Bloodrage is physical leeching while static strike is mainly elemental.
Or it is unnecessary? Thanks.
IGN: Beyiam
Last edited by witness531 on Oct 10, 2016, 1:14:43 PM
what do you think about going up the skill tree to Amplify? some decent offensive and defensive nodes (discipline and training, retribution, etc) along the way. not sure if the tradeoff is worth it
Someone probably asked this in the last 70 pages...but I'm not going to read that many xD

Have you (or anyone in this thread) tried this with a legacy Soul Taker? I just so happen to have one, and haven't used it in about 12 patches... thinking about dusting it off for this build, but I'm accustomed to very high dps... if I could reach 350-400k with legacy, I'd totally try this build xD
Facebreaker is Life.
"
witness531 wrote:
Hey,I have followed a bit and feel great, but only one question.
How to sustain life except the drinks.
In your build it seems no any life leech though.
Bloodrage is physical leeching while static strike is mainly elemental.
Or it is unnecessary? Thanks.

Life leech is not really important on this build because survivability is based on capped 78% Block A/S. Sometimes, map mods or certain bosses require LL swap with AFD, those cases are explained on Boss Fight Tips section.
"
buttcommander wrote:
what do you think about going up the skill tree to Amplify? some decent offensive and defensive nodes (discipline and training, retribution, etc) along the way. not sure if the tradeoff is worth it

Going up to Amplify is a nice tradeoff but only if you use Cleave or Sunder. Static Strike is single target damage and explosions are not consider attacks, so no AoE modifiers apply.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info