[3.3] Unstoppable Gladiator 78% Max Block/Spells. Best Low Budget League Starter

Would voidheart be an option for one of your rings? Idk if you'd be lacking res at that point but would it not be amazing for this build regardless of what skill you choose?
"
TheRoaring wrote:
Would voidheart be an option for one of your rings? Idk if you'd be lacking res at that point but would it not be amazing for this build regardless of what skill you choose?

IMO no way, no res and very low life pool from voidheart make it inferior to any great rare ring. Also, we don't need "chance on bleed" since we already have more than enough from our ascendancy.

Update: Just hit lvl 92, did deathless Core (killed Maligaro without Ming's for the first time) and now and i removed a small passive next to Juggernaut that gives armor%/hp% and added my 4th jewel! DPS skyrock now. Hp is 5675 now and i'm happy. I'll try to reach 5800.

This are my jewels, and i will probably replace some of them for even better one.

(fresh one i added on lvl 92)
Last edited by spartacusbringerofrain on Sep 23, 2016, 10:33:10 AM
"
"
mas_mariano wrote:
About Lion's Roar, I agree with you, I don't use it for that reason. I just said that comparing DPS, your Cleave buffed DPS was including Lion's Roar and my Static Strike DPS doesn't include that 35% more damage boost because I don't use that flask.

Now Less Duration. Let's try to figure this out.

All DPS I will put here are with auras up and no additional buff:

(1) BoR with 3L: Static Strike (q20/l19) + Weapon Elemental Damage (q20/l19) + Multistrike (q20/l20) = 56.903 DPS

(2) BoR with 4L (w/ LS): Static Strike (q20/l19) + Weapon Elemental Damage (q20/l19) + Multistrike (q20/l20) + Less Duration (q15/l19) = 67.775 DPS

(3) BoR with 4L (w/ AFD): Static Strike (q20/l19) + Weapon Elemental Damage (q20/l19) + Multistrike (q20/l20) + Added Fire Damage (q20/l20) = 75.624 DPS

From (1) to (2) is clear that the more damage from LS is applied to SS, but comparing with (3), final DPS are about +10% higher with Added Fire Damage. That's why I consider no DPS improvement.

About distribution between physical and elemental damage:

With LS (2), I got 18% physical and 82% elemental. With AFD (3), I got 14% physical and 86% elemental. So this could probably help against ele resist bosses.

About the "duration" modifier itself, amount of explosions are tied to APS, 1 hit then 1 explosion. So, a decrease in duration doesn't increase the amount of explosions. But what it does is decrease the delay between hit and explosion from 0.75s to 0.36s. So when you hit, the explosion will occur 0.39s faster.

Looking at this figures, I found more rewarding the +10% final DPS increase against the 0.39s faster explosions. But this should be included as an alternative, and I will on next update.

I hope not making any mistake here, but well, thanks to people questions and answers this build got improved over the time and changed so much. Thanks a lot!

Well, LD was just some alternative, i personally like it. Still, Physical To Lightning gives by far the highest dps. And colors are the same as BoR setup, so it still seems like the best way to go if someone is not lazy enough to do this:
Cleave + MS + IAOE + AFD for map clear
then for the boss
SS + MS + PTL + WED (i made a mistake in one of my previous posts, i said SS + MS + PTL + AFD)

for general map clearing, test Sunder over Cleave and see what you think. same supports work
"
mallow wrote:
for general map clearing, test Sunder over Cleave and see what you think. same supports work

One word: Amazing.
Hmmm now you got me on that one lol. I almost used vaal haste at all times and lion's roar because it doesn't really knockback mobs long enough to stay out of range since sunder have much longer range than cleave. I might even consider using sunder at all times now, i'll test it even more against tough bosses. So far i'm impressed. Especially when i swap conc eff with inc area of eff gem, half of the screen was dead in a single hit.
BIG EXPERIMENT IN PROGRESS:
I decided to try out something, you can call me an idiot or a fool but this seems pretty much good so far. I played few t14 and t15 without an issue and i had a lot of fun!

OLD SETUP:
4l: CWDT + Tempest Shield + Curse of your choice + Spell of your choice (i personally used Flame Golem for extra dps)
3l: Hatred + Herald of Ash + Arctic Armor

NEW SETUP:
3l +1: CWDT + Tempest Shield + Immortal Call and unlinked aura, choose between AA or HoA
I removed Hatred completely. So, this is better for reflect maps (i start suffering due to high dps)
3l: Blasphemy + 2 curses (pick what you want, Warlord Mark, Vulnerability, Punishment or Enfeeble)
So, with this experiment we have "free 2 curses that are cast simultaneously", it's true that we don't have 2 curses on enemies at the same time, but this is hella fun because enemies are both falling down fast due to Vulnerability or Punish and gives you leech from War Mark if you are using that curse.

ALTERNATIVE NEW SETUP:
3l +1: CWDT same or CWDT + Tempest Shield + Immortal Call + Increased Duration or Molten Shell
2l +1: Blasphemy + Curse of your choice + Unlinked Aura (AA or HoA)
Mana pool: 35% from blasp+curse, 25% AA, 25% HoA = 85% therefore we have 15% mana available meaning that we can remove blood magic from Blood Rage so we have new gem slot for anything we want (2nd Vaal Haste or Rallying Cry, or Molten Shell on CWDT etc, possibilites are huge).

I didn't see big difference in DPS since we don't have hatred anymore, but cursing from blasp and adding new gem of your choice seems like a good deal.

Opinions?

"

Sunder has been superior for me over Cleave or SS in map clearing. The setup I run is...

Sunder -> Multi-strike -> Concentrated AoE -> Added Fire Damage
boss swap
Cleave -> Multi-strike -> Concentrated AoE -> Added Fire Damage

It's a one gem swap that makes fighting bosses that much better. The reason I've chosen Sunder over abilities with more flat DPS is the following.

1. Lion's Roar + Sunder = knockback while never having to stop attacking. It's basically having a free "force push" to force a boss into a corner or away from a teammate.
2. Sunder's reach means I can spend more time attacking and less time moving if enemies are spread out to any degree
3. Sunder's shockwave with concentrated effect makes your attacks so much more powerful to tightly grouped enemies. I definitely feel like a group of 4 or more grouped enemies goes down faster with Sunder than other abilities.
4. Having the option to attack a boss at a distance + Lion's Roar gives you some reprieve from melee unfriendly encounters

I'm still going back and forth on how to set up my curse casting. I'll have to give that more thought.
TabSluppins - Pizza guy
Also, what do people think of running Haste over Hatred?
TabSluppins - Pizza guy
So, here's my problem. I went this exact route all on my own, without realizing that others were doing it. I had a legacy BoR drop for me around a month before the nerf, and I've been cruising with it ever since. I don't know which attack skill to use now because I stupidly Vaal'd it, so I'm stuck with RRRW (white) now. Should I respec into Ancestral Warchief totems? I need something with huge AoE and Lacerate's too weak compared to Earthquake (20k vs 28k). With two totems, I'd have 40k (20k x 2). How good is Sunder?
"
botayroihaha wrote:
Infenal blow viable ?

You already got explosions from kills with Gratuitous Violence and IB is single target compared to other skills used here, like Cleave.
"

Well, LD was just some alternative, i personally like it. Still, Physical To Lightning gives by far the highest dps. And colors are the same as BoR setup, so it still seems like the best way to go if someone is not lazy enough to do this:
Cleave + MS + IAOE + AFD for map clear
then for the boss
SS + MS + PTL + WED (i made a mistake in one of my previous posts, i said SS + MS + PTL + AFD)

Just consider that SS + PtL is 100% elemental and hits with zero physical damage cannot apply bleed. If you still using Reckoning/Vengeance, you're fine.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info