[3.3] Unstoppable Gladiator 78% Max Block/Spells. Best Low Budget League Starter

"
Recovary wrote:
Has anyone given lacerate a try? What links and how good is it for boss dps and clear speed?

Some people are using Lacerate. Personally, I didn't find it too rewarding and prefer Cleave or Static Strike.

Guess links will be Lacerate + Multistrike + Added Fire Damage + Increased AoE/Concentrated Effect.
"
98h1zc wrote:
hi, trying this build, and now im 83 lvl

can you please explain me, how sunder or static strike can do more damage?
cuz with cleave i have much more damage
Spoiler

with all spells im using rrrb helmet

with rrrr helmet i have
Spoiler

with all buffs i have with cleave around 100k dps
with static strike around 90k

At least in linked BoR, Static Strike setup is wrong. You need Static Strike + Multistrike + Weapon Elemental Damage + Added Fire Damage (or at least PtL).

But, don't forget about explosions with Static Strike. A hit from SS that deals 90K damage, deals (for single target considerations) an additional 60% from a delayed explosion (as tooltip indicates). So, final DPS will be 90K * 1.6 = 144K.
"
Alphaherox wrote:
Do you feel like this build is shaper viable (in softcore essence)?

Didn't try Shaper or Guardians yet. You will see in previous page a comment from another player that already did Guardians but says that Shaper is not possible because arena is overcrowded with vortex clouds.

I wanted to complete all map tiers before guardians. Today I finished a deathless corrupted Core, so only guardians/shaper left.
"
deadmeat9 wrote:
"
mas_mariano wrote:
After a really disappointing first try, I tried T15 Overgrown Ruin Map corrupted again.

And happy to say, deathless and facetanking bosses. And no loot, ok, but who cares!

Some changes where needed. I will detail all this on guide, but basically, I go for Diamond Skin and exchance some gear to get 60% chaos resist there.

Then, before enter the arena, I swap one ring with this lovely unique (2c worth almost perfect roll):

Also exchange Added Fire Damage with Life Leech for tankiness.

With Atziri's Promise, you cap chaos resis and can stay on desecrate or caustic clouds for all the time you want...

How about those chaos searing bonds, they really hurt.

Not a problem, imo. You just don't move too much. Simply go after the smallest one and facetank, then the other and facetank again. If you manage to stay over desecrate/caustic tanking thanks to chaos resis, you have no problem dealing with this bosses.

At least in my experience, after chaos resist changes this map is totally doable.
"
Brongard wrote:
I totally agree with your decision to build up some chaos resistance and take the Diamond Skin passive.

I am running your build as my first serious attempt at Path of Exile and got some chaos resistance too but I wasn't sure if I should take Diamons Skin (I generally tend not to mess up with passive trees published by the authors of a build), though I really wanted to.

Now at my next level I will take Diamond Skin without even needing to refund anything. Great timing!

Yes, changes on chaos resistance and use of Life Leech and Ming's Hearth in particular situations prove to be great, T15 Overgrown Ruin and Core down with no problem at all.
"
Yesterday tried Uber LAB
43k on the tooltip with 3 auras, I did not have enough damage to kill the Isar with charges
what should I do?
to try again, or to improve their equipment

I did uber lab near level 89. Trial spawn was really bad in my case. So I did it when my character was pretty close to what is now. I have 75K Static Strike tooltip with auras and no buff, so I guess you should work on DPS before trying it again. Which skill are you using?
"
mustafa2812 wrote:

I have a double legacy BoR on Standard but would you still consider 6L Aegis a better option? I imagine it would be tankier and easier to find resists on gear. And would you spec into that only after Uber Lab as you said in your original post?

Current gear:

Spoiler

Basically just threw this together with Standard stuff. I know flasks aren't perfect. Jewels aren't great either but most of them have life and I have capped block. I also wonder if Taste of Hate would be better than one of the flasks that you have selected.

I don't consider 6L+Aegis truly better than BoR. I personally prefer to improve every single part of my gear on BoR version and stay with it (even not having a legacy one, I just play leagues).

6L+Aegis improve survivability, yes, but BoR version prove to be good enough when dealing with any boss up to all T15 included.
"
mas_mariano wrote:
"
mustafa2812 wrote:

I have a double legacy BoR on Standard but would you still consider 6L Aegis a better option? I imagine it would be tankier and easier to find resists on gear. And would you spec into that only after Uber Lab as you said in your original post?

Current gear:

Spoiler

Basically just threw this together with Standard stuff. I know flasks aren't perfect. Jewels aren't great either but most of them have life and I have capped block. I also wonder if Taste of Hate would be better than one of the flasks that you have selected.

I don't consider 6L+Aegis truly better than BoR. I personally prefer to improve every single part of my gear on BoR version and stay with it (even not having a legacy one, I just play leagues).

6L+Aegis improve survivability, yes, but BoR version prove to be good enough when dealing with any boss up to all T15 included.

I imagine that 6L Aegis would eventually outweigh the bor version though because you would have that boosted survivability and better resists so you could swap for a minges heart easily. Atm I can't understand how to swap for a ming with my current resist requirements.

I'm not getting many endurance charges from my bor. Maybe 1 every once and a while but never 3 or 4. I almost think an extra frenzy charge would be better.

And why do you use static strike later but cleave before that? If you get more dps from static strike for higher maps wouldn't you just wanna use that in lower maps too? Or is cleaves clearing better and static strike is just better for single target?

Also what do you think of taste of hate?
Domination IGN: The_Bloody_Fist and Aurora_Temptus
http://poexplorer.com/ - Forum Item Search
http://exilestats.com/ex/ - Approximate currency exchange rate.
http://www.poebuilder.com/ - Advanced skill tree builder.
I swap Ming's Hearth only in particular situations, before enter T15 Overgrown Ruin arena, and T15 Core Maligaro and Malacai arenas. Just that. In those cases, I got not capped resistances, only cap fire resistance (because of Vaal Detonate Dead from Maligaro). My resistances exchanging rings are 137/102/124, well, not so bad for only that arenas.

One thing that is mandatory for my gear (and budget) was to take Diamond Skin passive for +15% to all elemental resistances, doing this, was easy to put some chaos resist on gear.

Endurance Charges generation are pretty bad with legacy BoR, and I can't find a good solution because I don't trust on Riposte+MS+ECoMS (is what I recommend, but I don't think is optimal). Basically, stun is not reliable against hard bosses. About an additional frenzy charge, well, is good, but will be pretty useless against bosses because you can't generate them not having mobs to kill. I found 2x Vaal Haste + Inc. Duration the final push I needed for the hardest bosses.

About Cleave/Static Strike. Cleave, after picking Gratuitous Violence has a really great and fast clear speed. For me, is really comfortable to play with during all maps from T1 to T14 (around level 90). Then, for hardest tiers, I prefer Static Strike because of single target damage, which is a lot higher. And during a T14-T15, I'm not too worry about clear speed at all.

Taste of Haste is an incredible flask. Of course would be a great addition to the build. But take into account that I only play during leagues, and that flask now (after almost 3 weeks) cost 5ex on league. And usually all gear for this build cost around 1ex during the first week of a league, so is completely out of budget for me.
my gear;

jewels;

build(changed a bit);

https://www.pathofexile.com/fullscreen-passive-skill-tree/AAAABAQCAQHnBIcEswUtBosKJgthDPcTTBPJFCAUTRRxFewX4RiRGNsaPhpVIOMhYCSbJvgoKimlL8wwdzJONug8LT38QKBBdESeRrdHfk4yUEdTu1hjWf5fP1_aYSFi7GRSZU1lp2XwZ5toWGhlaPJs2HKpdO108XVOdqx5OXrvfNl-4oIHg1-E2YTvidiK8ItPjM-PmZL3l3mezZ_LogCmjacwqZWsr64-rlCvbLaKuR28n702vni-p8BmwL_BgsGjxILE9sauxtjKkM9-02_Xltl82sHiYeRR6Ubp1eoY7w7wH_JB8932SPcy9034Avjr_Ev-aw==

gems; change sunder with static strike and concentrated effect with elemental focus on bosses.

defence;

-75 block physical/spells with tempest shield&painforged

-5.3k HP 744 ES

-%60 physical dmg reduction unbuffed

PROS;

-easy T1-T15 map with any mods even blood magic.

CONS,

-very vulnerable to dmg over time skills

-dps is too low for T16 guardians.killed minotaur and phonex about 8-10 minutes.(don't remember the
maps mod)

-shaper impossible

-sometimes something kills you with 1 shot and you don't even understand what happened to you :)

-EQ is useless because have too much attack speed

-can't use reave with soultaker

-need life leech

SUM; ggg hates melee players.i am thinking to change build to dual wield block&reave or maybe i will be lucky enough to get a varunastra from zana perandus mod :) or gonna create a range char. i don't suggest this build anymore go create a range char :P
Last edited by espanyol44 on Sep 20, 2016, 3:16:05 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info