[3.3] Unstoppable Gladiator 78% Max Block/Spells. Best Low Budget League Starter

"
xxmharmonxx wrote:
"
Sunw1sh wrote:
"
xxmharmonxx wrote:
Anyone on HC using the build?? Link gear and tips and things you've learned from playing so far. I just hit lv 70 got everything besides the surrender

I am playing BHC atm, lvl 75.
Gear
Spoiler

My tree is a bit different, because i've found this thread too late, tried to play similliar build (Alkaizer's blade flurry). Lost 10 int because of it, but that's pretty much it. Still at the same time im forced to use int rings. Just got to the maps 2 hours ago, so far completed tier 3 and soon heading in tier 4.
Been getting damage nodes mostly, but just realised that i missed some maradeur hp nodes. Got 3.8k hp. Atm not really looking to go further than tier 10, but if i do, what would be best to get tree-wise and gear-wise maybe? And when my survivability\dps problems might occur? What tier?

I can't believe are you even mapping, you need to respect them damage nodes for more life asap. I've been hitting t6-8 maps at lv 74 with 5.4k life. The rest of my nodes remaining are damage, with the exception of picking up one more additional jewel slot which would give about 100 life + dps. I'm hoping to get near 6k life to feel really safe. I just picked up the surrender for 200c last night so I'm dirt poor.

the only time i didnt really feel safe was at the cemetery during bossfight.. otherwise i was fine. Still will probably take them, just to be safe, but damage is surely lacking too.
flat phy 1-2 + 16% IAS or flat phy 5-10 + 12% IAS more benefits to this build?
Hey guys,

Played this build for the last two leagues. Got 36 Challenges done in both leagues. Definitely a fun build to play and I thought I would just add my input on the use of "The Red Nightmare" + 6L vs BoR.

Last league my gear was the typical BoR version and I would say my gear was pretty good by the end of the league.

Last league gear:

Spoiler

Some things to note:

That is supposed to be the anvil neck. I corrupted it when the league ended just for fun.
I ended at 93 and I pretty much followed the build to a point.

I was able to do almost all content. I killed all guardians. I did almost every map corrupted. The only maps I didnt do were Vaal Temple, Core, and of course Shaper.

This league I was excited about the new shield but mostly excited for the new Jewel "The Red Nightmare".

This is my gear for current league:

Spoiler

This is also the build I used

Spoiler
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAQCAAHcBIcFLQaLCiYM9xNME8kUIBRxFewX4RjbGj4g4yFgJJsm-CgqKaUvzDB3MgkyTjWSOuE8LT38QKBBdESeRrdHfk3jTjJQR1O7WGNZ_l8_X9phIWLsZFJlTWWnZfBnm2hlbEZs2G87cmxyqXTtdPF1Tnasd-N4DXk5eu982X7iggeDX4PMhNmE74rwi0-Mz4-ZkveXeZkrplemjaluqZWsr62Nrj6uULXytoq3PrkdvTa9gb54vqfAGsC_wYLBo8QVxPbGrsbYypDPftNv2L3ZfNrB4mHkUelG6hjvDvIv8kXz3fZI9zL3TfgC-Ov-Cv5r_o8=?accountName=Tippies&characterName=WTBExaltz

The main differences for the the build were moving some resistance points around The Red Nightmare Jewel. Also I needed two of my gems to have 1% Block in order to hit 75% block chance.

Ok so now the differences between the BoR vs and the Nightmare Version

The BoR version is much cheaper and it can do all of them same content. I think that is probably the most important point.

BUUUT

The Red Nightmare Version is a lot more fun to play.

Advantages:

Higher health pool (I had 5.5 with BoR and 6k+ with Nightmare)
Easier to cap resistances (Easier to obtain Chaos Res also)
More Damage (I would say around a 10% increase in damage overall)
Movement speed is so much better (Dropping Anvil and gaining Devoto's was awesome)

But that is what you expect when you dump an extra 16 exalts into a build.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

The rest is just personal opinions on some question I had with the build.

I tried Abyssus. I tested it against Chateau Map (Argus) a few times and it is completely noticeable the amount of increased damage you take from it. It is a huge damage boost though but I dont think the extra damage will help you on the fights where you actually need it and would most likely just wind up getting you killed more. I did not try it with lightning coil because I found getting the extra lightning resistance to cumbersome.

The Surrender Shield vs Lioneyes:

I feel like for mapping the Surrender is definitely worth it. In breaches it shines. The life gain is crazy when you have dozens of tiny monsters hitting you. Its fun to go afk and just see your health go down and just shoot back up. Against single target bosses though its not really noticeable. Any solo big hitting mob puts the life gain aspect to shame tbh.

The other bonus though is the Reckoning ability you gain from Surrender. Putting Curse on Hit with Enfeeble was the first step. It frees up an extra slot on the CWDT gem where I put in Flame Golem for the damage boost. So i feel like that was a nice quality of life change. Also, as recommended by someone in this thread, I attached culling strike to it. It works well enough. It kinda sucks that it relies on the Reckoning ability hitting the mob because it does have a limited range but it still goes off frequently enough on guardians and Izaro.

But yea Surrender is a nice shield that is definitely worth buying but it definitely not necessary if you want to go complete budget.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Overall problems for build:

Still not enough damage.

Dont think it could do shaper still.
I think it could kill Chayula but I dont think it would make the initial timer
I think it could kill Uber Atziri but I havent yet

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
Changes I might still make:

Try abyssus again with lightning coil
Try to fit the Bleed Immune boots into my gear. Currently lack Res to do so.

But yea thats about it. Just wanted to leave my thoughts on the changes that occurred this league

I love this build and would love to drop BoR for something else and Devoto's helmet which seems awesome. It's still hard to get the res and Intelligence/Dexterity with so many Uniques.
I wish i could afford a 6L Belly of the beast to try and regret the speed from Bandit quest.
How do you transition into more damage for this build?

I can't seem to get past Uul-Netol.

Sitting at 84k dps unbuffed.
My stats on this moment. 110k dps without buffs + elemental weakness curse and 7.6k hp.

Ty, for sharing build, again!

Last edited by AbyssSPIRIT on Jan 21, 2017, 4:12:00 PM
"
deanyo wrote:
Not sure why nobody is considering cyclone, fastest clearspead by far for me.
I was also wondering why Cyclone isn't considered here.
Really good build.
Normal Atziri and Breachlords (Xoph, Tul, Esh) were a joke. I'm currently having 80k dps without flasks and totem (cleave setup) but I can't beat Uul-netol Domain - it is too difficult to beat the timer. Any tips please?
English is not my native language.
"
allahkahabah wrote:
Really good build.
Normal Atziri and Breachlords (Xoph, Tul, Esh) were a joke. I'm currently having 80k dps without flasks and totem (cleave setup) but I can't beat Uul-netol Domain - it is too difficult to beat the timer. Any tips please?

Have you tried using Sunder instead of Cleave? More easier to beat the timer i think. I have not tried it yet, but I will. If you can, let me know!

See ya
When you say you did Guardians, do you mean a white map or a more difficult one? I tried a phoenix map, and he would just straight up oneshot me when he was at 50% when I didn't dodge/block the explosion - not to mention that it takes ages to get him down. I'm using Sunder atm, I tried Cleave and Static Strike but the clearspeed is abyssmal with it and it didn't seem to deal a lot more dmg to bosses anyway.

Char is P_Marlowe in Breach if anyone wants to take a look, I'm at 41k dps w/ Sunder atm.

I'm also wondering if this is a char that would make good use of the Vaal Breach thing. When I did the 3 breach lords I would intentionally open every breach because I didn't take damage anyway and the explosions from the adds would kill the boss way faster.
Current league chars: Bladestorm Champion SSF
Last edited by Shaileen on Jan 28, 2017, 8:35:51 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info