[2.4]Cheap, Tanky, Reflect Immune ! Low Life Kinetic Blast Champion 110k+ dps 8k+ ES 18k eva!

how do you find skill slots for all the gems ur playing, u cant fit every skill in the skillbar. Im guessin ur still reworking on the build? And the curse on hit setup when exactly do u use it, you have it on a single target spell with slow atk speed, u just curse bosses?
Until I can get a shavs, is it fine to just run the build with a solaris lorica?
u use pcoc and inc crit strik in 6l.. vendor pls
All my builds: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1830178
Yo, very intersting concept!

Seeing a recommendation for your own guide while following some links on reddit sure feels weird/good :)

A few questions:

Why don't you use the Assassin's Mark curse intead of Poacher's Mark? It would allow switching the Power Charge on Crit gem for something else. I personally haven't used the PCOC gem in my main setup for ages now, there are so many better options nowadays. Wasting a curse just for frenzy charges feels bad.

Have you tested Inc Crit Dmg instead of Inc Crit Strikes? ICS isn't that good with the already high base crit from wands, ICD always ends up being the better choice for my builds.

Have you tried using a Static Electricty Jewel in the socket between Shadow and Ranger?

You should also definitely experiment with a Stibnite Flask! Roll inc eva on it, and you get up to 200% inc eva and blind (effective x2 eva) just from that! This allows me to facetank melee bosses like nothing.

I also tested a similar concept recently. LL IR Champion phys wander. Grace+Determination is totally ridiculous paired with aura nodes and the first to strike node. ES partially comes from increased shield defense nodes and a nice hybrid shield. Those nodes also provide block, allowing to cap block with rumi's. 7k es and 50k ar in hideout, 130k ar with flasks with medicore gear quickly pulled from stash. The tankyness is ridicoulous, sadly the dps is subpar. 8.5k kb dps with a medicre phys wand. FeelsBadMan.

I'll reuse the concept after the league merge for a ll varun aegis champion once the leagues merge. But I'll need a shavs with melee colours, ugh...

Btw, I really like the Eclipse Solaris Wand skin ;)
My Build Compendium: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1634158
Last edited by Legasi on Apr 29, 2016, 1:18:41 PM
I'm leveling with tornado shot atm.

What level do you think I can switch over to KB?
"
Nunix wrote:
how do you find skill slots for all the gems ur playing, u cant fit every skill in the skillbar. Im guessin ur still reworking on the build? And the curse on hit setup when exactly do u use it, you have it on a single target spell with slow atk speed, u just curse bosses?

if you check my videos you can see my skill buttons. i have left out vaal discipline as i found i never really use it - you can switch out ice golem for example if you want it in your skill bar.
I mainly use herald of ice for the curse on hit.

frenzy has 2 reasons:
1. keeping up charges in boss fights where no adds spawn (i.e. herald of ice does not proc)
2. cursing bosses/rare mobs.

"
tsunny wrote:
Until I can get a shavs, is it fine to just run the build with a solaris lorica?

yes you can at lower levels, but you have to play a bit more careful. i highly reccomend a Granite flask of iron skin in that case. A shavs should literally be the first thing to buy.

Oh and do not try to color a 5L lorica. Get a thunderfist or buy a 5L lorica with the right colors. As you can see in my video (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=npqya1x-ZaE) you are still reflect immune even with shitty gear.

"
Hitma47 wrote:

link setup is not set in stone if you prefer diamond flask and coh assmark go for it; pcoc gem has its use in curse immune maps, and if i dont want a diamond flask then crit strikes gem is a viable choice, as you can see i am clearing pretty well.

"
Legasi wrote:

Seeing a recommendation for your own guide while following some links on reddit sure feels weird/good :)

A few questions:

Why don't you use the Assassin's Mark curse intead of Poacher's Mark? It would allow switching the Power Charge on Crit gem for something else. I personally haven't used the PCOC gem in my main setup for ages now, there are so many better options nowadays. Wasting a curse just for frenzy charges feels bad.

Have you tested Inc Crit Dmg instead of Inc Crit Strikes? ICS isn't that good with the already high base crit from wands, ICD always ends up being the better choice for my builds.

Have you tried using a Static Electricty Jewel in the socket between Shadow and Ranger?

You should also definitely experiment with a Stibnite Flask! Roll inc eva on it, and you get up to 200% inc eva and blind (effective x2 eva) just from that! This allows me to facetank melee bosses like nothing.

I also tested a similar concept recently. LL IR Champion phys wander. Grace+Determination is totally ridiculous paired with aura nodes and the first to strike node. ES partially comes from increased shield defense nodes and a nice hybrid shield. Those nodes also provide block, allowing to cap block with rumi's. 7k es and 50k ar in hideout, 130k ar with flasks with medicore gear quickly pulled from stash. The tankyness is ridicoulous, sadly the dps is subpar. 8.5k kb dps with a medicre phys wand. FeelsBadMan.

I'll reuse the concept after the league merge for a ll varun aegis champion once the leagues merge. But I'll need a shavs with melee colours, ugh...

Hey thanks for your comment :D to your questions:
You are right about pcoc, its kinda old school. At my point of damage it does not really matter what i use as links though. Pcoc has its use (curse immune maps/boss fights with no adds) and poachers mark not only gives frenzy charges, but also mana on hit, and 100% increased flask charges gained, making it easy to sustain flasks if you want to.

KB- WED - GMP - Pierce is the recommended 4L, the other two basicly is up to personal taste: added lightning ,crit dmg, lightning penetration, pcoc, crit strikes, there is plenty of options to go for.

With pcoc and critstrikes i reach crit cap - if you dont use crit strikes, you will probably want to use a diamond flask for faster clearing. i have played both with and without, crit strikes gem felt a bit better than diamond flask to me.

Static electricity is a decent jewel, but on my case i dont have that much dex ( 70 iirc) so it would add 1-72 dmg or about 36 flat avg damage - which is not that impressive if i already use wrath, anger, herald and mantra of flames. An ES/Attackspeed/critmulti/proj dmg jewel has more utility in this case.

Stibnite flask sounds good - however i dont have problems with attack-based bosses anymore, 18k evasion is more than enough - the main danger commes from spell-spamming stuff.

If you like to show me i'd love to see the tree for your AR wander - i thought about using IR, but its 6 nodes for me and i am already really point-starved - in my case the balance of defence and offence feels about right, so i dont feel like going for more defense.

And yep, that skin is very good :D i wonder how the MTX would look like on my wander.

"
tsunny wrote:

I dont really know, you probably can start doing it at around lvl 50-60 or so, once you get a decent amount of crit and you can reach the wand passives in the tree. But you definetely can switch to lowlife KB at around lvl 82.
RIP King of the Forest view-thread/1738625
"
cmphx wrote:
"
Nunix wrote:

if you check my videos you can see my skill buttons. i have left out vaal discipline as i found i never really use it - you can switch out ice golem for example if you want it in your skill bar.
I mainly use herald of ice for the curse on hit.

frenzy has 2 reasons:
1. keeping up charges in boss fights where no adds spawn (i.e. herald of ice does not proc)
2. cursing bosses/rare mobs.

"
tsunny wrote:

yes you can at lower levels, but you have to play a bit more careful. i highly reccomend a Granite flask of iron skin in that case. A shavs should literally be the first thing to buy.

Oh and do not try to color a 5L lorica. Get a thunderfist or buy a 5L lorica with the right colors. As you can see in my video (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=npqya1x-ZaE) you are still reflect immune even with shitty gear.

"
Hitma47 wrote:

link setup is not set in stone if you prefer diamond flask and coh assmark go for it; pcoc gem has its use in curse immune maps, and if i dont want a diamond flask then crit strikes gem is a viable choice, as you can see i am clearing pretty well.

"
Legasi wrote:

A few questions:

Hey thanks for your comment :D to your questions:
You are right about pcoc, its kinda old school. At my point of damage it does not really matter what i use as links though. Pcoc has its use (curse immune maps/boss fights with no adds) and poachers mark not only gives frenzy charges, but also mana on hit, and 100% increased flask charges gained, making it easy to sustain flasks if you want to.

KB- WED - GMP - Pierce is the recommended 4L, the other two basicly is up to personal taste: added lightning ,crit dmg, lightning penetration, pcoc, crit strikes, there is plenty of options to go for.

With pcoc and critstrikes i reach crit cap - if you dont use crit strikes, you will probably want to use a diamond flask for faster clearing. i have played both with and without, crit strikes gem felt a bit better than diamond flask to me.

Static electricity is a decent jewel, but on my case i dont have that much dex ( 70 iirc) so it would add 1-72 dmg or about 36 flat avg damage - which is not that impressive if i already use wrath, anger, herald and mantra of flames. An ES/Attackspeed/critmulti/proj dmg jewel has more utility in this case.

Stibnite flask sounds good - however i dont have problems with attack-based bosses anymore, 18k evasion is more than enough - the main danger commes from spell-spamming stuff.

If you like to show me i'd love to see the tree for your AR wander - i thought about using IR, but its 6 nodes for me and i am already really point-starved - in my case the balance of defence and offence feels about right, so i dont feel like going for more defense.

And yep, that skin is very good :D i wonder how the MTX would look like on my wander.

"
tsunny wrote:

I dont really know, you probably can start doing it at around lvl 50-60 or so, once you get a decent amount of crit and you can reach the wand passives in the tree. But you definetely can switch to lowlife KB at around lvl 82.

I appreciate the response. So I will buy shav's before I spend currency on the other pieces.
updated the guide a bit. I highly reccomend going 100% pierce with the gem + the passive. Tree is updated, as is gem section.

I also added my current physical/chaos variant similar to mathil's version. Feel free to ask questions or request more details about it if you need.

I will upload videos using the alternative chaos/phys version on red maps soon, so stay tuned!
Last edited by cmphx on May 2, 2016, 1:36:00 PM
"
cmphx wrote:
updated the guide a bit. I highly reccomend going 100% pierce with the gem + the passive. Tree is updated, as is gem section.

I also added my current physical/chaos variant similar to mathil's version. Feel free to ask questions or request more details about it if you need.

I will upload videos using the alternative chaos/phys version on red maps soon, so stay tuned!

For chaos version, do we want added chaos dmg enchant to rings?
"
tsunny wrote:

For chaos version, do we want added chaos dmg enchant to rings?

yes it is great, but also kinda expensive (13c) so its the last thing you should do. For my chaos version: Most important is shield ( High ES + high spell damage + high resist) anda a good wand/good jewels. If you cant stack alot of spell/proj damage through that, it is better to use the original elemental version (and also a bit cheaper)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info