"I wish the game would just cost $10." - Chris Wilson

"
HeyCarl wrote:
"
Turtledove wrote:
Yes, he also said that it would be difficult trying to implement a model like that now.

These are my words as to why, I would think that. For example, some people like myself have already "donated" large sums. It would be argued that this would have to be taken into account somehow.
I, like many of you in this thread so far, have already given GGG a large amount of money to support a game we all enjoy playing. I'm not entirely sure why most of you are opposed to a subscription based way of supporting them. What exactly is the downside to this?

We have supporter packs already. We do not need (and by that I mean GGG) another mean of paying money.

In other words, there is no downside, but there is no need for it, neither.
Real knowledge is to know the extent of one's ignorance.
Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.
https://joeduncan123.imgur.com
https://joeduncan1234.imgur.com
Last edited by Perq on Apr 11, 2016, 1:23:41 AM
"
This does not take into account those of use who already contribute nor does it account for long absences like the ones I take. No, changing the model now would make people like me quit outright and to stop giving them my money.
This is an alternative way of contributing. This /ALTERNATIVE/ way of contributing should not take those of us who already gave GGG some our money into account. If you're willing to give a F2P game some of your hard earned money its because you enjoy the work the devs have done and you're willing to further their goal. If you are against devs having a another source of income, you shouldn't have given them money to begin with.
Last edited by HeyCarl on Apr 11, 2016, 1:33:46 AM
I don't consider PoE an MMO, I even want an offline mode

I would never pay for a game monthly (except if Paid leagues pretty much allow you to mod the game exactly the way you want, then yes)

I would pay for a game and for it's expansions (once)
PoE would had 1/50 of actual playerbase if it was not f2p. People who think PoE could be sucessful as paid product are delusional.
"Is there such a thing as an absolute, timeless enemy? There is no such thing, and never has been. And the reason
is that our enemies are human beings like us. They can only be our enemies in relative terms."
"
No fuck that.

you are right, as always.
No rest for the wicked
you can setup payment of a monthly fee towards purchasing ggg points and get them converted to a supporter pack (which includes a nice bonus) when you reach the neccessary points.

though, it's not exactly the same as op suggested because one has to make the payment manually and for purchasing the supporter pack one needs to spend a greater sum.

so it's a nice idea, ggg support did the monthly subscription support already when they released the diamond packs, so players could claim the title and pay later.

ergo, there could be official payment plans to get a supporter pack, don't know how much load they put on accounting at ggg.
age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill!
Last edited by vio on Apr 11, 2016, 2:58:34 AM
Subscriber could be an alternative to Supporter Packs. PoE would still remain F2P but buying Subscriber Pack should be something like those Lootcrate Websites where each month you get a Mystery Box filled with a set amount of random mtx items along with mtx tokens. It's another option for players to get mtx maybe instead of just direct token purchases from the shop or the Supporter Packs.
Just another Forum Signature in a Sea of Signatures.
You can do the subscription manually, if you care about it. Just buy points every month.

I'm actually doing something similar. Played 50 hours, liked the game, gave them 10 bucks for it. Then decided to give them 10 more every 250 hours I play. There. Subscription. Just after the fact and without time constraints.

No need to put a system in the game, when you can customize it yourself.
"Into the Labyrinth!
left step, right step, step step, left left.
Into the Labyrinth!"
if the game would offer me a stable performance and ggg releases something which is not full of bugs and stability issues im totally fine with another support channel like a monthly subscripton.

but they dont deliver a good product so why extra support. as many of us know the game is running worse than one year before and there was still shotgunning implemented.

so why in hell is the performance getting worse and worse? HIRE PEOPLE GGG!

like yesterday in state of the exile chris is saying we have a lot of work to do! HIRE POEPLE GGG!

GGG QoL Feature of the Year! SKILLTREE AND FRIENDS SEARCH!
I think Chris did exactly what he should have done. Tell every entitled person that they can't run their business on nothing. Sadly even being one of the few games out there that are sticking to their morals people still complain, it's like some are never satisfied.

I would love some kind of sub like the OP suggests. Aslong as it just involves some extra points and effects etc. I really felt chris is worried about the future, and tbh this game deserves a future.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info