"I wish the game would just cost $10." - Chris Wilson

We're too far down in PoE's life to switch to that kind of model but I do propose GGG offer a subscription based model to it's loyal fans.

You sign up for $10 bucks a month, with that initial investment you get one premium tab, one regular tab and some points, you get that every month you're subscribed. Every 3 consecutive months after that, the holder gets a nice bonus, perhaps a special weapon effect, a piece of an exclusive armor set for subscription holders or different skill mtxes exclusive to sub holders.

What do you guys think about a subscription model based around something like this? No 'P2W' features but something for fans to give back to GGG and be 'rewarded' in a different matter compared to Supporter Packs, which can be costly alternatives to supporting GGG.

EDIT: https://youtu.be/Vwi6U7MojDQ?t=18m36s <- Chris's quote
EDIT2: I'm not suggesting PoE move from a free to play model to a pay to play model. I'm suggesting an alternative way of supporting GGG while still being 'rewarded' for subscribing to this new model of supporting GGG.
Last edited by HeyCarl on Apr 11, 2016, 12:40:34 AM
Last bumped on Apr 11, 2016, 10:19:20 PM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
No fuck that.
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
"
No fuck that.

I have never agreed more with 3 words.
nvm wrong context
Dark_Chicken - lvl 100 Marauder
Divine_Chicken - lvl 100 Duelist
Last edited by Dark_Chicken on Apr 10, 2016, 11:02:33 PM
If OP's suggestion is meant as an optional thing to get extra MTX, rather than required to play the game, then we already have that, they're called mystery boxes.
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
Why is having a subscription based support system a bad thing?
Where does the quote come from?
I hate subscription based games. I like to pay to buy the game. End of story. With PoE of course it is different because it is free I end up paying over and over just like you would with EP's.
Censored.
"
No fuck that.

"
No fuck that.

"
No fuck that.

"
No fuck that.
"
No fuck that.

"
No fuck that.

"
No fuck that.

lolol
- 0 * - < _ > - * 0 -- 0 * - < _ > - * 0 -- 0 * - < _ > - * 0 -- 0 * - < _ > - * 0- 0 * - <
<739610877-3104-376.101077-1106.75103739110792103.108-5'92.9410776.>
- 0 * - < _ > - * 0 -- 0 * - < _ > - * 0 -- 0 * - < _ > - * 0 -- 0 * - < _ > - * 0- 0 * - <
"
GeorgAnatoly wrote:
Where does the quote come from?
Around this time https://youtu.be/Vwi6U7MojDQ?t=18m36s you'll hear Chris talk about it. They're not exact words but the message is the same.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info