[2.4 Video Guide] Righteous Fire, Vaal Molten Shell Build Guide (Large AoE) [Atziri & HC/SC Viable]

"
aaOzymandias wrote:
Love this build so far. Would the "Doryani's Catalyst Vaal Sceptre" be good at level 75 however? Seems like the extra 80% elemental damage is pretty damned good combined with the elemental life leech.

Not really. It may be provide some damage boost to RF when your gear isn't otherwise very good. The '1% increased damage per 8 strength when in main hand' on Doon is global and thus affects RF. With lots of STR on gear that can be better than the 80-100% increased elemental on Doryani.

The leech on Doryani is completely irrelevant for this build. Leech only applies to hits, so RF doesn't benefit at all. For vaal molten shell adding 0.2% leech to the 2% it is already getting from the gem is useless because you'd be reducing its damage by a far larger factor.

"
usagikuma wrote:
sorry stupid question but
elemental damage and spell damage up rightous fire damage ????

No. Spell damage doesn't affect RF. Fire damage, elemental damage, area damage, and damage over time do.
thx
So, here's my gear. What i suppose to upgrade first? I'm at level 70 now

Last edited by germano003 on Sep 22, 2016, 9:37:02 AM
You spec a lot into endurance charges, +2 at the very least, Yet I do not see a way of generating them. Ascendancy doesn't, Boots provide frenzy, Gear doesn't, spells dont?
i need to buy new ring so
i make ring with life and str dont need more element resist so what craft needed ?

chaos resist ?
fire elemental damage ?
elemental damage with weapon ?

other idea ?

thx to help me

thanks for the build looks awsome im lvl 54 right now on the way to try build build,

i just made my carcas 6L, can i put some gem on the sixth, (LOH, LL OR CULLING)

Please help.

Thx
None of those three works with RF. All three require a skill that hits to do anything, and LoH also requires an attack skill.

Other than the 4 already used there are very few support gems that do anything at all when linked to rf:

item rarity, item quantity
empower, enhance (which only slightly boost VMS and BV damage not RF itself )
spell totem(but that is a completely different build)
possibly innervate and ice bite too but you'd need to shock/freeze things with something else and the effects aren't that useful

So I guess in temporary leagues it is either item rarity or another active skill that can use some of the same supports. Haven't tried them myself since I don't have 6L, but searing bond, orb of storms(for additional EE procs when using VMS) and vaal flameblast are some interesting options.
"
TheGrayGoo wrote:
You spec a lot into endurance charges, +2 at the very least, Yet I do not see a way of generating them. Ascendancy doesn't, Boots provide frenzy, Gear doesn't, spells dont?

Self casting Enduring Cry
how abour poison support or rapid decay for sixth link, help pls i got nothing on sixth link
"
Lordthugz wrote:
how abour poison support or rapid decay for sixth link, help pls i got nothing on sixth link

Those don't work with rf. Poison only works with skills that hit, not damage over time like rf. Also even with skills that hit you need to deal physical or chaos damage, fire won't do. Rapid decay only applies to skills that have a duration. Rf doesn't have a duration.

Currently there are no more support gems that boost rf damage. As I wrote in my previous post, either add item rarity(or item quantity in standard) or some useful active skill. The other supports that boost something else than rf itself aren't worth it IMO.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info