Performance Improvements

"
Chris wrote:
Realm Stability
These networking disruptions are generally outside of our control, but our end responsibility is for us to deliver a good gaming experience for you. We're aggressively looking into what options are available to us to solve this. It may involve migrating the Master servers away from their current location, for example.

"We're moving our main server to Europe so the French players will stop QQing"
You guys are literally the best dev team I have ever seen. I have been getting frustrated with the game performance lately and it's good to hear you guys are actually doing something about it.
I've never really had significant issues with performance until this league. I hope your planned improvements are able to remedy this cause right now, for me, playing hardcore and achieving success is completely dependent on avoiding performance issues. Stuff like desync happened but it rarely resulted in deaths of my character that when it did, it was tolerated as basically shit happens and you cant be perfect. Now, I've lost three straight to similar circumstances. I really respect the game you've created and the time you invest to continually update it, but I really need you to focus on optimizing the game.
"
Meridin wrote:
What I wanna know is why the game will render skills and play audio sounds that are no longer there.

Like say I'm in Sarn arena, and there's this guy offscreen chain-casting some laggy skill like Ice Storm over and over again. I never see/hear it yet because I'm not near him, but if I revive over there, the game will suddenly try to load EVERYTHING that has happened in that area since I entered the instance. Sometimes it's tried to load so many things at once my game crashed.

Another example is in maps, if I'm following someone far ahead of me, I can still hear the leap slams/bladefall sounds as I walk through the area, even though those skills happened long ago. It's really wierd.

This has to do with GGG's home developed audio rendering system. From what I can tell, it cache's sounds for emitters to play once the character gets into range of where the sounds would occur if the player who cast the skill for the sound was still there. POE has different sounds depending on how close a character is to the source sound (skill caster). Thus, you can hear fireballs explode when you get within range, even if the caster is no where near that area, and the skills are long finished. FMOD will fix this issue for sure. League of Legends uses FMOD, and so do quite a few other games.

Side note - I'm glad to see that so many things I've pointed out to GGG about the game receive attention now. I'm a game dev myself, and it hurts me to know a fix for something but not be able to implement it. Good to see these. I'm really looking forward to coming out the stone age the rest of the way regarding framework. dx11 and 64 bit architecture I'm excited about, along with the other improvements.
YOUTUBE - http://www.youtube.com/richardbmiller2
TWITCH - http://www.twitch.tv/hellcat5gaming
It is about time game is unplayable right now on top end computers....
While i'm very happy you're finally addressing these issues, it saddens me to see that the biggest improvements are planned for later this year or even 2017 :/
Last edited by Extrema on Apr 7, 2016, 5:28:40 AM
Those manifestos bind me to the game. I feel involved and I am more willing to wait if I have issues like those with perandus atm. No HC for me this league, but time will come again with fluid game experience. Thanks for your work, it's awesome!
"
YesImEvil wrote:
"
Chris wrote:
Realm Stability
These networking disruptions are generally outside of our control, but our end responsibility is for us to deliver a good gaming experience for you. We're aggressively looking into what options are available to us to solve this. It may involve migrating the Master servers away from their current location, for example.

"We're moving our main server to Europe so the French players will stop QQing"

Yeah those frenchies got problems and complain, how silly, they should keep their problems quietly and play with atrocious lags, get crashed or dced with top tiers configs in silence, and keep feed GGG in not deserved money ... Like fanboys does.

Gonna quote another feedback

"
SO I'm going to ask you GGG, the same question I have asked since alpha:

"Why can I play current 2014-2016 high def, highly graphical games at FULL graphics and have zero problems with it, whether it comes to how much is on screen at once, or however many parrticals are on the screen moving at the same time?

How come I can run battle field 4 at max FPS and graphics and the game doesnt slow down or simply pause? Like ever?

How come when I play path of exile, and JUST A FEW partical effects are happening at the same time, my game slows to a halt and almost freezes?

Why can every other game company push out games in ALPHA that can handle the graphics that the game puts out but YEARS after POE's release, we are still dealing with the same problems?

What are other companies doing that you are not?

Everything is there.
So there is some people warning GGG since alpha version and still no improvement in 2 years ? Glad GGG keeps some fanboys to get feed by $$ because i don't know how it can last longer with such poor performances at all levels, and so much ignorance and acknoledgement on their proper work, servers, graphics, sound, everything has issues at the moment. We got 4 Rip Servers thread in 24 hours on reedit But hey, selfish people here think since they don't meet problems, then everyone shouldn't xD. Everything is fine here,GGG is communicating their problems without any clue about fixing those for 2 years now, but people still applause lol, game is barely unplayable, rain/rogues/boxes/grounds effects are freezing and got poor performances for 2 years, same for Act3/4 camps when someone join it, basically impossible to do something here like id the items, but its ok fanboys , there is communication on how they are completely submerged by all these problems they ignored for 2 years now, release currency tabs and 500$ Packs for talisman league, QQers should already be happy this game is not a p2W yet lol.
I don"t know how people could be so blind after so much bad feedbacks from old players for a long time, thats really sad to see, but not surprising in 2016 ...
Pas ici pour rendre service ;).
Un jeu avec autant de qualités que de défauts, malheureusement ignorés et soutenus par une marée de supporters nolifes sans aucune objectivité.
"
MisterER wrote:
I don"t know how people could be so blind after so much bad feedbacks from old players for a long time, thats really sad to see, but not surprising in 2016 ...
Simple - for many people it is hard to admit you were wrong. Insisting that you are right, even when in heart you know the opposite, is the easier way to go.
And worst change is putting almost all bosses in new version of maps into fucking small areas, where you can't kite well or dodge stuff. What a terrible idiot invented that I want say to him: dude flick you, seriously flick you very much.
So if this game used dx11 we would not have these horrible lags and freezes when many effects happen at once?
I can't inderstand how people don't have dx11 capable gpu.
I mean how old are they?
Not wanting to sound arrogant but seriously gaming companies cannot slow down their progress because people have still win xp or 2005 gpu.
I never paid for windows and i have win 10 pro fully activated. My previous amd5850 had dx11 support.
How can one be a gamer in 2016 with older than 5850 gpu or win xp?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info