I am sorry to say that I will not be able to continue to play PoE because of arbitrary bans.

A friend of mine just got his account permanently banned for violation of the terms of policy. To me my decision to stop playing PoE is not hinged on guilt or innocence in the current issue.

My decision is based on the fact that he was not told what he was accused of doing. GGG says that they do not disclose that information because they do not want people to learn tricks to go around GGG security measures.

What this means is that a small group of people in GGG closes accounts based on charges that are secret using evidence that they alone have a chance to review.

That makes it impossible for me to continue playing the games since at any moment my account that I have used real money to improve and quite some time playing can be closed at any time and I cannot do anything about it.

Therefor I cannot invest any more time or money into the game.
Last bumped on Apr 10, 2016, 1:37:54 PM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
They only ban if they have hard evidence obviously your friend fucked up.
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
"
ip99 wrote:

That makes it impossible for me to continue playing the games since at any moment my account that I have used real money to improve and quite some time playing can be closed at any time and I cannot do anything about it.

Not sure if they will remove this thread or not, if they don't then my comments will stay here for you to read.

I'm confused on the part where you say real money to improve, are you saying supporting the game or doing other activities which are against the ToS you agreed upon when creating an account?

In terms of his account being clased it absolutely does matter on guilt or innocence, I can tell you they dont close accounts easily and the proof that they had was likely enough to say without an unreasonable doubt that he in violations of the ToS. If you read those carefully they can terminate anyones account for any reason whatsoever, they could disable mine if they wanted to even if I don't break ToS. They won't because its bad for business, but they do want a healthy community and a healthy game, which is why the ToS is there.

He can try and appeal his case, obviously you want to be civil about it. I dont know if they give a generic answer like RMT, exploiting, server crashing, ect, but obviously like you mention they wont be specific as it reveals the methods in which they can detect.

https://youtu.be/T9kygXtkh10?t=285

FeelsBadMan

Remove MF from POE, make juiced map the new MF.
"

How can you back up that claim?
Do you have access to the case file?
"
goetzjam wrote:
"
ip99 wrote:

Not sure if they will remove this thread or not, if they don't then my comments will stay here for you to read.

I'm confused on the part where you say real money to improve, are you saying supporting the game or doing other activities which are against the ToS you agreed upon when creating an account?

In terms of his account being clased it absolutely does matter on guilt or innocence, I can tell you they dont close accounts easily and the proof that they had was likely enough to say without an unreasonable doubt that he in violations of the ToS. If you read those carefully they can terminate anyones account for any reason whatsoever, they could disable mine if they wanted to even if I don't break ToS. They won't because its bad for business, but they do want a healthy community and a healthy game, which is why the ToS is there.

He can try and appeal his case, obviously you want to be civil about it. I dont know if they give a generic answer like RMT, exploiting, server crashing, ect, but obviously like you mention they wont be specific as it reveals the methods in which they can detect.

The real problem here is that there is no way of knowing that. There is no transparency. No way of ensuring a fair process. That makes it impossible to invest anymore time and money into the game. Tomorrow it could be my turn.
it's always been a matter of trust between ggg and their player base.

for me that trust is severely damaged since ggg support announced that they did ban players because of their undisclosed definition of "scamming" and will do so in the future.

out of the blue, with no warning, no signs that they changed their mind about letting players do their thing like they did before. even long time players were astonished (on reddit).

you feel like a idiot because you told players for ages that wraeclast is a unforgiving and lawless island they have to watch their backs and switch on common sense. and then: bam! surprise! we won't tolerate players hurt each other, while they still can legally kill themselves in bandit quests. can they? i don't kow for sure. anymore.

age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill!
Last edited by vio on Apr 5, 2016, 4:26:14 PM
"
They only ban if they have hard evidence

/thread really. Your friend did something bad :)
"
ip99 wrote:
"
goetzjam wrote:
"
ip99 wrote:

The real problem here is that there is no way of knowing that. There is no transparency. No way of ensuring a fair process. That makes it impossible to invest anymore time and money into the game. Tomorrow it could be my turn.
Tell me, what could they possibly gain by banning somebody for no reason? Just because they won't share how they caught somebody doesn't mean there is no evidence. Banning somebody who didn't deserve it is bad for business. So, why would they ever do that?
Guild Leader The Amazon Basin <BASIN>
Play Nice and Show Some Class www.theamazonbasin.com
Let me guess... Your friend used a bot only for 5 minutes "just for try, for see and for know" ?
IGN : @Morgoth
"
ip99 wrote:
"

How can you back up that claim?
Do you have access to the case file?

Why yes I do.
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info