[2.3]Dela's Obliterate Build CHEAP & FAST clears 200% life UPDATED

See from the start of seeing this build play out I knew this was going to be fun, so like @getinthevan I started experimenting with it, discussing it with him and I have to give a lot of props to him for being an overall friendly guy with great responces. Also big props for making this build! I will update this when level 90-ish, but I'm lvl 77 right now. I have the gear I wanted to have now do.

So I tried out making a Scion (ascendant) for the development of the build, as I think that a lot of things needed to be tried out, becouse it's one of the most unique builds and fun builds I've seen in a long time, this comes from someone who watches the latest builds on the forums almost every night.

Also I tried out using a Lightning Coil to see if the defences from the build could make it so you don't HAVE to have a high life pool, so that I could fill that out later.

Current gear.
Spoiler

( I didn't link the snakebite becouse I don't need links anymore personally, wich made corrupting a lot easier)

I'm doing almost all maps and I have to say that using the Deadeye ascendancy in the escendant is one of the biggest damage boosts I've seen. Not only pack-clearing was a lot easier but also using frost wall on bosses is now pretty damn easy. I learned that the Elementalist side class wasn't that great for the build becouse the explosion from
actually made it so that the Elemental conflux didn't go through. Realy sad in my oppinion, as killing rare mobs for the buff only isn't that consistand eitherway. That ment for me I had to go Beserker althrough I saw some potential in the occultist. This meant I had to take Vaal pact. This made high end mapping a lot easier and the build feels tankier over-all. I can tank all map tiers up to 14 now, with only having 4K life becouse I haven't specced in life nodes, and I only have one life jewel at the moment. The clear speed for me is just as high as his were in the video's, atleast comparable, less pack kill speed and some more boss kill speed. I think that witch and scion are comparable but scion feels like the middle ground. Between witch-scion-ranger, with witch being squishy and clear speed, Scion being the middle ground and ranger being the tankiest.
Last edited by fortunate1220 on Apr 19, 2016, 4:48:48 PM
@fortunate1220 Hey there! Thanks for all the feedback, wow! Nice gear too. I have a couple of questions for you since you are helping with the scion testing among other things. Firstly, how has lightning coil been? I know that armour is fantastic! Is the defense it provides worth the AoE carcass jack provides? What are your thoughts on it? I bet it is great for feeling comfortable in high level maps. Secondly, with regards to the Deadeye portion of the Ascendant, what makes the biggest difference here? Is it the additional pierce? The projectile? or the damage boost? My guess would be the pierce, as 100% is great stuff.

That's really too bad about the Elementalist side class for Ascendant. I was hoping that would better. =/ Berserker seems like a great choice, that is certainly the one that "pops" out to me, but who knows, occultist could be good too. Nice to have options and the ability to mix it up.

Well done on clearing a T14 as level 77, not a lot of players/builds can do this! =)

"
I think that witch and scion are comparable but scion feels like the middle ground. Between witch-scion-ranger, with witch being squishy and clear speed, Scion being the middle ground and ranger being the tankiest.

This aligns completely with my testing and I think this is spot-on. I also think the scion has a better starting spot on the tree.

Glad you're enjoying the build, thanks for the feedback, and I look forward to reading more. Cheers.
Last edited by getinthevan on Apr 19, 2016, 7:32:34 PM
Video of a T12 map as the Pathfinder Ranger, level 85 with commentary
https://youtu.be/ULqSok2SAI4

Gorge Run - Slower than the Elementalist version but still quick, no commentary
https://youtu.be/vwGwFEONc_g
Last edited by getinthevan on Apr 19, 2016, 10:06:04 PM
Think You have accidently deleted the leveling tree links :-)
Its blank now, just the text
I am playing this build with the elementalist route, and went for acrobatics.
Having around 4400 life and 1100 mana, running arctic armor, blasphemy warlord's mark (for endurance charges and leeches), CWDT immortal call, clarity, chaos golem.

Thinking if I should go for MoM and some mana nodes, more life, or dual curse for more defensive option (dual curse can be both offensive and defensive tho).
Will drop arctic armor if running MoM/dual blasphemy curse, unless I have the corrupted cast on hit gloves.
More curse is always great but useless in curse immune maps.

Any ideas?

I can't leech without warlord's mark (the duration of the chaos potion is a bit short sometimes) and I think of the unique jewel Hungry Abyss, but I don't think I can get 5 useable corrupted items.
For whose for can get 5 corrupted items can consider that jewel.
Last edited by gogoletsgo on Apr 20, 2016, 5:39:18 AM
"
getinthevan wrote:
Video of a T12 map as the Pathfinder Ranger, level 85 with commentary
https://youtu.be/ULqSok2SAI4

Gorge Run - Slower than the Elementalist version but still quick, no commentary
https://youtu.be/vwGwFEONc_g

awesome! thanks a lot for this

to be honest, i dont see that much of a difference between ranger and witch here
the defense advantages outclass the offense disadvantages easily

make sure to link this up in the opening post so people can see it :)
So, let's answer those questions aye? :P

Q:
"
Firstly, how has lightning coil been? I know that armour is fantastic! Is the defense it provides worth the AoE carcass jack provides? What are your thoughts on it? I bet it is great for feeling comfortable in high level maps.

A: Well to be honnest I myself think it's much better, for the scion and the witch. As you said yourself, the less area of effect from ranger can hurt the quality of life of playing this build. Also it can be by coincidence, but by the ranger being the thankiest option, it is also a lot better with the Carcass Jack which is seen as the "less tanky" option. Now becouse the scion and the witch get both more AoE, and have less tanky-ness, I feel that they could be better of using the Lightning Coil. (by the way, the extra 3 AoE points from Scion feel godly <3 ) As you said, the build does feel a lot less cluncy tank-wise becouse of the Lightning Coil, and I feel almost no need for the carcass jack (but I was trying to 6-link one while playing anyways, so maybe if I'm lucky I get to try out both).

Q:
"
Secondly, with regards to the Deadeye portion of the Ascendant, what makes the biggest difference here? Is it the additional pierce? The projectile? or the damage boost? My guess would be the pierce, as 100% is great stuff.

A: Ok so here is the thing right, I only have 3.8K dps in town. That is becouse: 1. Not the highest leveled skill gems ever. 2. No jewels that are good yet. 3. Not the best wand rolls neither chaos damage rolls on rings. I felt this realy badly when I only had the Elementalist Escendacy. So when I got the Deadeye ascendancy (after hours of sweat becouse of bad lab runner hosts), I felt almost a 2x damage boosts, firstly becouse of the pierce. Oh man, that pierce is INSANE! It makes it so that the little damage Kinetic Blast's that go through the mobs of a pack go through the mobs behind them, all the time, wich makes a big chain reaction of Kinetic Blast damage and as I said in my last post it helps a lot on clearing bosses, with it having a nice feeling interaction with Frost Wall. The projectile speed is just giving a nice feeling. The "projectiles deal increases it's damage as it travels further" promotes the playstyle the build already has with keeping a distance and exploding the whole pack. Now oh boy, the extra projectile makes this so much more worth it to me! It makes the Kinetic blast look more fun, more AoE (wich you already get on the scion), and a more smooth and unpunishing playstyle.

It's a pleasure helping you out with this amazing build honestly, and as I said I will do another Scion update when I'm at higher lvl/gear. Cheers, Fortune1220.
Last edited by fortunate1220 on Apr 20, 2016, 9:54:23 AM
as a little side note, i felt like fooling around a little with skillgems and ended up playing as a caster with essence drain
even with my blaster tree and zero spell dmg it felt pretty nice blowing up entire packs
no kinetic clearspeed of course, but very viable

these wands are true allrounders!

@fortunate1220
sounds great, the off screen killing must be insane with 100% pierce
Last edited by prospecial on Apr 20, 2016, 10:11:30 AM
Why do you scale chaos damage? They explode for a fixed amount based on the mobs hp. Wouldn't it be better to scale phys or ele to kill mobs faster so they explode sooner?
can you update the tree/ascendancy/gear please? :D:D

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info