[2.6] CI SRS Gigapanzers (Poison*) Necromancer

I'm a new player and I want to know all the tools to survive as a summoner. I'm playing hardcore and I prioritize survival over clear speed. Really I want to know EVERYTHING available to me to survive. Including what is likely to kill me and how to best defend against it. Here are a few question to get started.

1.What is tankier for a summoner, life or CI? And Why? Also I watched a bow and quiver CI build (Soulstrike and wicked ward) face tanking a boss with huge amounts of CI regen. But if I forgo the bow and Quiver for another weapon, like the "minions get poison" weapon, how will I regenerate my Energy shield.

2. I'm thinking of giong Bow and soulstrike quiverd paired with Bated breath for the survivability. Do you like that Idea? The poison blade is super expensive. How does it compare to +3 Bow? And if I go bow because I think it gives me really good survivability, what links should I spec?

3. I won't be able to afford a 6 link bow for a while. What links should I run on a +2, 5 link bow if I can get one?

4. In general as a summoner build who specs CI, how do I make up for the fact that health or hybrid builds can use instant health flasks and I can't? Zealot's oath and high regen won't save me in combat like an instant life flask would a life build.

5.What are the things most likely to kill me and how do I defend against them?

6.I'm currently speccing 6 link Poison SRS. But also I'm using Spectres with four link Flame Sentinal. Is that redundant or is the link worth the extra dps?

7.Is it still viable to just go Flame Sentinal Spectres and drop SRS to increase suitability by self casting dual curses and/or decoy totem? Or is that clear speed really slow now?

8.What's more survivable, Srs or Spectre and why? I know that SRS has better solo dps and Spectre has more clear speed. But in terms of survivablitity which is better.

9. I'm running duel curse with Enfeeble and Elemental weekness. And eventually going to spec EE. Should I bother running enfeeble? Should I get decoy totem for my survivability?

10. Thank you very much first of all~ Final question. Please summarize ideally what is the most survivable summoning build possible? Including all the skills the build would use, the gear, and why those choices are the best for survivability in your opinion. If you're response is something like "There is no best build," then I ask that you make a case for the best one. Or make a case for multiple builds. With the power of a six link SRS or Flame Sentinal it doesn't seem like clear speed is an issue on any summoner build. So I mainly just want to know about the best survivability options.
1. I guess this was before the soulstrike nerve. You can play ci with massive ES reg, but you need Occultist instead of Necro. Also you need a +3 bow.

I suggest life, because you can get about 8k life, just with a kaoms and some life gear. Get chaos res on your gear and there will be no problems. Currently running softcore life srs, with 6k life (no kaoms atm..), 700 lifereg and 20% chaos res (uber lab not done yet - would get 15% more res) and I did not die.

2. As I said in 1) go for occultist :)

3. SRS - minion dps - melee splash (/multistrike for bosses without adds) - melee physical - added fire damage (b b r r r)

optional: SRS - min dps - melee phys - multistrike - melee splash (b b r r r)

4. Hybrid summoner is the only thing I haven't tried before. The ci summoner can run a granite and a basalt flask permanently.
You could add a rumis and bone offering for block.
be carefull with stun! Mobs won't hit you often as a srs player, but there are things that can stun you permanently (lightning breaches) -> go for a kiaras or the valyrium ring.

5. see 4 - your only enemy is stun. rest is a piece of cake.

6. which weapon setup do you run with poison srs?
how many spectres?
I had no need for them, but sure - you could use them if you have the room.
In hardcore you could use 4 link tank zombies!

6.I'm currently speccing 6 link Poison SRS. But also I'm using Spectres with four link Flame Sentinal. Is that redundant or is the link worth the extra dps?

7. Full summoner is slower, but flame sentinels are amazing too. But this is just an srs guide. The last time I tried full summoner was 6 months ago :) (before ascendancy patch),
you might ask sb else about this.

8. In my opinion srs has much more clearspeed. spectres can tank alout of damage - so they might be better in survivability. You might try ... damn. I dont know the name... something with A.
The act 3 sceptre of god mobs.. with proximity shield and great AE - the shield also works for you. undying arestocrats i think.

9. I suggest you try temp chains for more survivability. EE is a great dps boost.
I don't know if you have the space for decoy totem. also I think you don't have enough keys to cast all skills. Try if you want, but I had no need for it. I used tanky zombies in tough situations.

10. uff..
this will take a bit longer. also it would be a subjective opinion. I answer tomorrow to this question
Hmm, still wondering damage vs bosses.

What is the point when damage is so high that bosses drop in couple of seconds?

Am I posssibly doing something wrong?

https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/Amorpheus/characters

League character -> ruoskaperse --> What do you think about gem setup? is there something totallu messed up? Thanks in advance :)

Br. A

Last edited by Amorpheus on Mar 22, 2017, 11:47:05 AM
Hi,

yep I could find some mistakes.

1. No need for spell echo, since you can only have 20 srs. Add a dps gem (maybe added fire damage)
2. You don't run empower, so you should look for +2 fire gems on your staff, and not +1 to all gems
3. Added lightning damage does NOT apply to your minions. Maybe craft castspeed or sth like this. Or mana reg.
4. You use Ele. Equi - good, but you don't trigger it :D. So you should rework your gem setup on your gloves.
I suggest: Spelltotem + arc (2 link). Culling just if you need it. And zombies separated from the other link, so your links are only on 3 sockets (or two) and the zombie goes solo selfcasted

All in all these changes are mandatory and will boost your srs very hard!
Hmm.. Good advices have to put em on use when I get home from work.

Although I thought arc is triggering ele equi? no? at least it shows on monster "tooltip"?

Also +2 fire gems on staff? It will work only to added fire + srs?
isnt it better to get +1 on all gems? just thoughts, dont really know what could be the best option :)

I'm looking forward to get united in dreams, but currency in this league isnt easy to get -->
seems like drop rates are dropped down a lot since last time I have played as much as now.

Edit.

Did changes yesterday, much much better now, still missing something tho, maybe gem levels?
Have to reroll staff aswell, but had to try it when I got +2 level on fire gems on it.

T13 maps runs pretty smoothly, no death whatsoever, totem + arc makes a difference.
Last edited by Amorpheus on Mar 23, 2017, 8:06:05 AM
A +2 staffs buffs the base srs damage more, than a +1 staff buffing all gems (which buff srs^^)

I am happy to see your progress!
I should play a bit more too. Currently I am not in the mood. And I don'T find anything valuable to sell :(
I can say frustration is mutual. Although I have couple months break playing poe (or actually anything) so still hoping for a jackpot.. ;)

Most of chaos orbs made by a recipe, damn.
Thanks for the guide, guys. I love the playstyle of this.

i'm currently stuck at Level 89 and not that confident with my current gear.
Maybe you guys have some hints for improvement.

https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/j0uns/characters

(summoning_tits)

I'm currently trying to 6L my vaal regalia in stash but im not sure how to deal with the affixes.

Currently sitting on ~180C and some gear to trade (kaoms plate, ventors gamble, ...)
My gear has been pretty much aiming on a same way than Gigapanzers, now T13 goes pretty easy, some difficult bosses may cause some harm, but good enough, now.

For me your gem and gear setup seems to be totally different than in this guide is suggested --> Helm, gloves, boots. As much as I know gloves are mandatory "grip of the council".

Also from passive tree, you dont use arc to proc Elemental Equilibrium, which seems to do huge difference on damage.

Gigapanzer may have lots of more ideas on this, since I have been asking help for my problems too :)
Hey there, 0.08 am in germany..

1. yep - change your gloves. use grip of the council
2. your bow gem setup is not really good. It is easy to color a crude bow - so go for srs - minion dps - melee physical damage - melee splash and added fire or sth.
Your belt is great, you boots are awesome too.
You may drop the chayula, add a good rare amulett with %ES and stats and add a Kiaras antistun flask with onslaught mod on it.
you run many aura gems - just to level them i think? You might add a cwdt setup: cwdt - immortal call - inc. dura and enfeeble or sth.

the pariah ring is ok, but you can do better. maybe buy a vaal mask (+1 gems) and put in discipline, so you can drop the ring for a better one with res, ES and %Es and stats, so you can rework your tree to and drop stat nodes.

also, as mentioned above me: add elemental equilibrium and arc (+ spelltotem) for a great dps boost.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info