[2.2] The Demonic Occultist ("ChaosBlast") - UBER DOWN!!!

I decided to try out this build and i really enjoy it. The cast speed is abit meh but other than that its pretty good. I'm nearly at level 92 but I decided to change some things and run 4 auras and blasphemy temp chains.

Running level 20 discipline, level 19 arctic armour (soon 20), level 20 clarity and level 20 anger on the dagger for the +1 level (a level 20 anger on the dagger adds 1522 dps to the tooltip of flameblast wich is nuts). Originally wanted to fit in haste or grace instead of anger but gonna stick with anger for now.

Pretty good and the buffed up temp chains makes things so easy that you can run the craziest damage mods on red maps without being in danger. Good stuff

Edit: Forgot to add. Nearly 8k ES. Flameblast tooltip is 7896 with increased AOE and 12240 with conc effect (conc effect without quality since i barely use it).
Last edited by Baralizbash on Apr 6, 2016, 4:12:32 AM
"
Baralizbash wrote:
I decided to try out this build and i really enjoy it. The cast speed is abit meh but other than that its pretty good. I'm nearly at level 92 but I decided to change some things and run 4 auras and blasphemy temp chains.

Running level 20 discipline, level 19 arctic armour (soon 20), level 20 clarity and level 20 anger on the dagger for the +1 level (a level 20 anger on the dagger adds 1522 dps to the tooltip of flameblast wich is nuts). Originally wanted to fit in haste or grace instead of anger but gonna stick with anger for now.

Pretty good and the buffed up temp chains makes things so easy that you can run the craziest damage mods on red maps without being in danger. Good stuff

Edit: Forgot to add. Nearly 8k ES. Flameblast tooltip is 7896 with increased AOE and 12240 with conc effect (conc effect without quality since i barely use it).

Thank you for trying it out and reviewing it, very appreciated! :)

Yes the cast speed is a bit low but still pretty manageable. I sit at 10k toolpit since I'm not using Anger, but the damage and temp chains are very sufficient to do all content.
Could vile bastion be take rather than profane bloom? Or is the ES regen not worth it?
"
Autoshift wrote:
Could vile bastion be take rather than profane bloom? Or is the ES regen not worth it?

I didn't took Vile Bastion because:

• We use at least an Eye of Chayula, so stun immunity in Vile is ignored;
  • The energy regeneration is not really needed since you won't get hit by enemies because they are very slow with temp chains.

BUT if you feel you need that regen to keep you safe from damage (if you tend to get hit alot), you can pick it instead of Profane Bloom.
How important is the 60 mana from the normal bandits? can we get a skill point instead? or is that 60 mana really important for casting fb?
"
blizaro wrote:
How important is the 60 mana from the normal bandits? can we get a skill point instead? or is that 60 mana really important for casting fb?

I took it because the mana cost of FlameBçast becomes extremely high so I picked it to minimize mana problems. But if you feel that 60 mana bonus doesn't make any difference then you can regret it for a skill point instead. It also depends on the Gear too (Mana Regeneration and Bonus mana).
First things first. I love flameblast, i didn't play any fb build until i see this so this is my first fb build and its awesome.

Did some changes about linked gems tho. Instead Discipline + Clarity linked with BM, i linked AA + Clarity. Because of this change i dont even need enlighten, i will use Portal over Enlighten. So my question; am i missing something about Discipline + Clarity setup?

Second change; using Lori's Lantern as one of my rings. Is it good for end game?

Here is my items
Spoiler

Do you suggest anything about it? My Reses are 79-95-115 and -6 Chaos, Tolltip DPs is 3.5k right now and my es is 6.2k. All of the rares are 1c at max.

Note: I just did one lab run and i took +100 es node for first ascend.
Last edited by Drvi34 on Apr 10, 2016, 1:47:48 PM
"
Drvi34 wrote:
First things first. I love flameblast, i didn't play any fb build until i see this so this is my first fb build and its awesome.

Did some changes about linked gems tho. Instead Discipline + Clarity linked with BM, i linked AA + Clarity. Because of this change i dont even need enlighten, i will use Portal over Enlighten. So my question; am i missing something about Discipline + Clarity setup?

Second change; using Lori's Lantern as one of my rings. Is it good for end game?

Here is my items
Spoiler

Do you suggest anything about it? My Reses are 79-95-115 and -6 Chaos, Tolltip DPs is 3.5k right now and my es is 6.2k. All of the rares are 1c at max.

Note: I just did one lab run and i took +100 es node for first ascend.

Glad to hear that! :D
There's nothing special from the Discipline + Clarity setup for Life reservation. You can keep your's, it doesn't change anything. It freed one socket for you.

About the Lori's Lantern, if you can sustain your mana then you can keep it since you don't need overcapped resists. Since you have overcapped resist, the exclusive passives of Lori's will help you agaisnt crits.

As for ascendancy passives you should pick next Void Beacon over Profane Bloom.
One more question. I'm running lab right now and its hilarious without Arcane Vision. So i decided to take Arcane Vision. Here is my question; Do you prefer 4 skill point way or 3 skill point way to Arcane Vision? 40 int + %10 chaos or 30 int? I'm gonna take Skittering Runes after Arcane Vision if i ever reach that lvl.
Last edited by Drvi34 on Apr 11, 2016, 11:23:43 AM
"
Drvi34 wrote:
One more question. I'm running lab right now and its hilarious without Arcane Vision. So i decided to take Arcane Vision. Here is my question; Do you prefer 4 skill point way or 3 skill point way to Arcane Vision? 40 int + %10 chaos or 30 int? I'm gonna take Skittering Runes after Arcane Vision if i ever reach that lvl.

I would choose the shortest path in this case. Skittering Runes is REALLY important passive.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info