[2.2] The Demonic Occultist ("ChaosBlast") - UBER DOWN!!!

Hi! I'm GiftSender and Welcome to my build Guide "The Demonic Occultist"! It is a build around the Flameblast and the Chaos damage conversion capable of defeating every creature in the land of Wraeclast (I hope so!). I'll be covering the build's SkillTree, Ascendancy, Equipment, Gems and some other topics. So let's start! :)

Pros & Cons
(+) High Chaos Damage
(+) High Chaos Damage-Over-Time
(+) Good Clearspeed
(+) Reflect Immunity
(+) Good Survivability
(+) Easy to play
(+) Enemies can't even move :)
(+) NORMAL and UBER Atziri Viable

(-) Not Budget
(-) Hard map mods: Less Regeneration, Curse Immunity, Temporal Chains
(-) Can't do these map mods: BloodMagic, No Regeneration
(-) Low Light due to Low-Life condition (Negated if you use the Notable Arcane Vision. Just quality of life)

Passive tree and Ascendancy
Level 92 passive tree: Link

For the Ascendancy choose the Occultist and pick the Profane Bloom, Void Beacon and Wicked Ward.

• Profane Bloom gives us bonus agaisn't enemies and makes enemies cursed by you have a 20% chance to explode for 25% of their maximum life. It helps clearing larger packs.
  • Void Beacon Is a "curse" that reduces enemies chaos resist by 20%. This is perfect for the build reducing even bosses resist increasing overall damage. The 25% reduced Life Regeneration is not a big deal, since you degenerate enemies very quickly.
  • Wicked Ward increases our maximum energy shield by 100 (before any increase) and gives sort of a "Vaal Discipline" effect. Once you start regenerating you'll gain for 4 seconds "100% reduced delay to start recharging your energy shield".

Bandits
  • Normal - Help Alira (Bonus Mana)
  • Cruel - Help Eramir(Kill all) or Alira (Bonus Cast Speed)
  • Merciless - Help Eramir(Kill all)

Stats - Outdated

Defensive

Offensive

With Concetrated Effect only.

Gear Explanation

These are the required uniques to be able to play this build properly.
Head

"The Vertex" is basically necessary for this build to have greater survivability since the +1 to Level to Socketed Gems makes Enhance level 5 granting great quality to Temporal Chains making enemies even slower. Also "The Vertex" grants good chaos resist and good Energy Shield.

Weapon

Two "The Consuming Dark" are really necessary to make your Fire Damage from FlameBlast turn into Chaos Damage and poison the enemy for even great damage. The stats 50%/75% of Fire Damage Converted to Chaos Damage and Your Chaos Damage Poisons Enemies makes this build really shine against every situation. You can use 2 non-legacy and still have 100% Conversion.

Chest

An 6-Link (at least 5-link) "Shavronne's Wrappings" is also necessary for this build to make it shine as it grants the low-life condition, much higher Energy shield and Chaos Damage does not bypass Energy Shield.

Amulet

For this build you'll need some way to prevent you for being stun locked. The "Eye of Chayula" gives you the much needed Cannot be Stunned. It also provides some attributes. If you have a "Skyforth" than you can replace this amulet with a rare one since we have at least 2000 mana points.

Enchants
Gloves
Word/Edict/Decree of Spite or Reflection to increase your survivability.
Boots
8% increased Movement Speed if you haven't been Hit Recently or 12% increased Attack and Cast Speed if you've Killed Recently
Helmet
20% increased Temporal Chains Curse Effect Great against Unique Bosses and even PVP. Honestly Flameblast ones aren't worth it

Current Gear and Flasks

The rare ones aren't the best, you can always get better ones than mine. The "Rainbowstride" aren't really necessary but they provide good resist to start with.

Gems Links

Main Skill - Flameblast

Flameblast - Faster Casting - Controlled Destruction - Concetrated Effect or Increased Area of effect - Elemental Focus - Void Manipulation

This your Damaging Skill, the more you stack, the more damage you do with Flameblast. The Controlled Destruction and Elemental Focus gems don't have any downside since they are ignored by the chaos conversion. The Increased Area of effect gem is used to clear large groups of monsters and the Concetrated Effect gem is used to defeat Bosses. Also Void Manipulation and Concetrated Effect gems will Double-Dip the damage. (Increase the hit damage of Flameblast and increase even further the Damage-Over-Time from Poison)

Temporal Chains

Enlighten - Blasphemy - Enhance - Temporal Chains
With this gems linked you'll have a very powerfull slowing curse that acts as a defense and an offense. Defensively, enemies will attack, move, cast very slowly if you are near them. The power of it is increased by Curse effect from the tree and the quality bonus of Blasphemy. Also it is greatly increased by levels on the Temporal Chains gem and the quality of it and the Bonus quality from Enhance. Offensively the slow increases the duration of any Buffs and Debuffs, this means that Poison will last longer on the enemies and still do the same damage per second, increasing the total damage from a single Flameblast. Beware that Curse Immune enemies don't get affected by this so be careful.
This setup is best used in "The Vertex".

Wither

Spell Totem - Increased Duration - Faster Casting - Wither
This setup summons a totem that keeps casting wither on the enemies slowing their movement speed and further increasing the Chaos damage they take. Very POWERFULL tool against every monster. At 20 stacks of Wither, enemies will take bonus 140% chaos damage! Impossible to ignore it! :)

--- Minor Links ---

Whirling Blades

Faster Attacks - Whirling Blades
Whirling Blades is your movement tool. Use it to move faster or escape tricky situations.

Vaal Lightning Trap

Very powerfull trap to increase the damage of Flameblast and its poison (Bonus 50% since it apllies Shock)

Life reservation

Blood Magic - Discipline - Clarity - Enlighten
Blood Magic Discipline and Clarity allows you to reserve at least 65% of your life triggering the Low-Life condition. (It makes the Pain Attunement active for 30% MORE Spell Damage)
If you can't reserve the Clarity aura then you must level up your Enlighten or delevel your Clarity or level up your Blood Magic gem. With this setup we free up more mana to abuse our Flameblast.

Other Auras
Arctic Armour for extra survivability.
I currently use Anger since it increases the Tooltip Damage by ~1000.

Extra - Killed my First Uber (ScreenShot)
Image Here!! :)

Videos
2.2 Malformation Run - Sorry for the extremely poor quality... My computer can't handle it well...

Changelog
  • March 27th 2016 - Build Created.
  • March 28th 2016 - Updated some images, updated some text and added explanation for the Occultist Ascendancy.
  • April 3rd 2016 - Updated Gear, Gem Link and a little the Passive Tree.
  • April 20th 2016 - Added tree progression, changed one aura and added the Enchants tab.
Note - April 20th 2016
Haven't been playing quite recently due to personal life but now I have more time to play!

Credits
Thanks to Qwatayean for making the most awesome logo!!!

I'll keep updating the build with additional information!
See you in Wreaclast Exile!
Last edited by GiftSender on Apr 20, 2016, 9:11:03 AM
Last bumped on Aug 10, 2016, 4:37:19 PM
RESERVED!
very guud babushka
Thx for this guide! How would you spend the passive points on the tree as you level up? I have most of the ES nodes and wondering which nodes I should aim for next
"
Sashra88 wrote:
Thx for this guide! How would you spend the passive points on the tree as you level up? I have most of the ES nodes and wondering which nodes I should aim for next

You should aim for the chaos damage passives, and once you have a shavs you should spend more points on energy shield and the Pain attunement Keystone. Also you can pick the chaos damage and pick the aura nodes and curse ones since temporal chains is very strong in that setup (The Vertex). Spell damage and elemental damage should be the last passives to take since they don't double dip. If you feel the need of cast speed, feel free to pick up the cast speed nodes too.
How do you sustain ES?
IGN - Imgur
"
Madbeats wrote:
How do you sustain ES?

I don't use any form of leech. Temp Chains will slow the enemies giving you more than enough time to react and to escape dangerous attacks with whirling blades. If you get hit you'll start recharging quickly and Wicked Ward makes you ES not stoping from regenerating for 4 seconds. The stibnite and aquamarine flask also increases your survivability. Also an anti-bleed, poison and burning are very good at it.

https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAMBAAFvAuMEBwceB2MHpQ0fDXwOSBEvEZYVfhXnFr8W8x2qHwIi9CY8J6ko-ipTKwosnCymL28vnTQKNsU3ZjwoPV9Bh0V8RnFJUUmyTLNObVJTVytXyVxAXGtcil3yXypfsGnYaoxsC20Zb55wu3OzdZ52gnvXfPB-oX_GghCCx4MJhEiExYfLi3qMNo_6kNaRB5MnlS6XlZeXl_SbtZwynL6hL6KjotmlxKebsNiycLQMtNG1SLc-u_y9gr6KwfPDbcgMyBTKSsrTy73PFdkT34rfsOGI4vfmgekC6rrrY-vk7Bjwa_DV9W_56P5J_rM=?accountName=Madbeats&characterName=DischargeYourFrames

im at 5.3k ES and malformation boss just basically 1 shots me, what should I do?
IGN - Imgur
Thx for your reply, killed normal atziri today. I'm using a 5l shavs and was wondering if I should attempt uber or not. The dmg on my tooltip is very low compared to yours, (3.2k).
My ES is at 7.2k
"
Madbeats wrote:
(...) im at 5.3k ES and malformation boss just basically 1 shots me, what should I do?

The malformation boss is not supposed to be tanked since her laser is extremely deadly. With temporal chains it's pretty easy to avoid her attacks. However if you play a map with temp chains, less regen or worse: Curse immunity, I strongly recommend not to do it. Some bosses are hard do deal agaisn't expecially her. Another point I saw was your Passive tree. You should have grabbed Melding. With that jewel socket you should use an Energy within to gain even more ES. Also Arcane Focus is a great source of ES and should be considered. In my opinion you should remove that path to the jewel socket near the Ranger's start. You should spend one point in one of the 30 DEX passives and spend the other ones in ES nodes. In case you need mana regen, consider using Rallying Cry if you don't use it. It's a good source of Mana regen and damage! Also a Lvl 3-4 Enhance is VERY powerfull!!!

"
Sashra88 wrote:
Thx for your reply, killed normal atziri today. I'm using a 5l shavs and was wondering if I should attempt uber or not. The dmg on my tooltip is very low compared to yours, (3.2k).
My ES is at 7.2k

Nice to hear that! :)
Your ES is good (it's equal to mine), however Uber Atziri isn't supposed to take much time. 3.2k tooltip damage is not bad but at Uber is quite insufficient to clear it fast. The more time you take to deal with her the worse is your survivability to survive her. I recommend you to keep leveling up till you can 6-link your shavs and keep leveling your gems to continue to gain more Damage. So don't rush to her, keep doing the normal one to pratice (if you can since this build recks her xD)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info