[2.4] zSavage's Budget Voll-less Mjolner! [Juggernaut] - Updated for 2.4!

What do you think about RF?
Could this build run it?
Is it worth it and what needs to change to make it work?
"
IdleAltruism wrote:
"
Yuzanaki wrote:
Been running tier 15 maps quite a lot and have yet to use more than one portal

How do you find the speed? I'm running a non-voll's Mjolner with like 300% more spell damage, a lot more attack speed, and more offensive flasks than this build, and if I don't use other skills I find that bosses and certain rares take ages to clear, relatively speaking--think Rare Necromancers. I'm curious as to how this build deals with that, or is it just a little slow?

Also, I'm curious as to how you deal with reflect, particularly on bad combo maps like reflect+-16 max or blood magic. In general, do you have any issues with a lot of elemental damage? I ask because the first iteration of the build I'm currently running had a lot of issues in high-end content with those things and it essentially ran better defenses against them than this build does. So I'm curious how people running this one are getting around it.

I seem to have a phenomenal amount of damage so the speed is absolutely crazy, the Necromancers I have seen take a short while to go down, no more than a few seconds extra but they withstand longer than practically any other mob type however the speed at which I clear high end maps and unique maps is incredible.

As for mod types, blood magic isn't much of an issue as for that specific map I drop Determination to give me the majority of my health back and that's usually enough to make the map a breeze. As for Elemental Reflects I generally completely avoid them I have tried several times and if I creep really slowly it has been possibly but potentially attacking stuff off screen, or even more than a handful of mobs will instantly kill you, for 1-2 mobs/bosses to have it I find I out heal the damage I deal and is manageable but I'd completely avoid Elemental Reflects as a map mod entirely. As both of these mods as a combo I'd say it is next to impossible.
Last edited by Yuzanaki on Apr 4, 2016, 7:04:07 AM
"
zSavage wrote:
"
Yuzanaki wrote:
Any thoughts on where to go from 90? I was looking at possibly Heart of Thunder? There's a lot of lightning damage to be fetched there, with an additional 3% penetration?

That's right on the money. You can also grab more jewel sockets, or even the spell damage nodes near Templar and Witch if you're after more DPS.

Also, try to run some labs and get Decree of Fury on your gloves. You won't be disappointed. It's brutally good.

I'll be running Lab today to try this enchant, I'd love to see this enchant in action, will report back if I manage to obtain it today.

Edit: Got it on my first run, time for some fun testing!
Last edited by Yuzanaki on Apr 4, 2016, 7:14:26 AM
"
What do you think about RF?
Could this build run it?
Is it worth it and what needs to change to make it work?

I'm not a huge fan of running RF and Mjolner. When I originally made my first attempt at Mjolner (back in standard) I tried to do RF with it. And I struggled with being able to recover my HP fast enough (basically not having any regen is pretty painful).

While it's possible, the amount of investment in the passive tree needed to be able sustain RF is very high, and you'd be sacrificing a lot of armor to be able to do so (cause you would need to run something like Purity of Fire + Warlords (Blasphemy) + a herald/AA for auras, losing determination, and having to use RotP instead of a high armor shield).

If you wanted to try it out a tree something like this could work. (Basic modification of my RF mara from Warbands's tree. I dropped about 0.5% total regen and all his endurance and frenzy based regeneration to be able to grab Mjolner nodes)
Theorycrafter/Build Creator for PORTAL guild
@BlightScourge -> guide @ view-thread/1382667 (Retired till Mjolner is fixed)
Lvl 94 Crit Mjolner Marauder
twitch.tv/savagewolves
This build works soooooooo good. Jumped into 70+ maps at 65 XD with 3k hp, no rip since switching to mjolner at 60.
it cost me about 126 chaos (buying the gear, and enough regrets to rebuild this failed character) but i did it and am really enjoying it. Thus far I have managed to clear through T12 maps, and am only now noticing my lack of accuracy from not having the last juggernaut node.

This build is without a doubt the strongest ive done yet also kinda the most rippy due to reflect. And Lightning in general seems to really hurt.

I Suppose now at this point im curious what I can improve gear wise? Im 78 and sitting at just over 4k HP. will i gain that last 900 or so points from the tree or am i really missing that much in my gear?

is this build hc viable?
"
viperca wrote:
is this build hc viable?

I'd say you could go HC if you were really, really cautious (but I'm not sure that couldn't be said for most builds). You'd probably have to reroll a fair number of maps and skip some bosses for safety's sake which isn't too far out of the norm for a lot of hardcore builds. However, Mjolner has some pretty distinct disadvantages when it comes to HC:

#1) It can get laggy regardless of your setup, especially with beyond/perandus stuff and a few other conditions.(if your computer is a little dated, then this probably gets a lot worse)

#2) When you're going full discharge spam it can be hard to see anything, including boss animations and herald foot bombs of doom.

#3) Any build that relies on being tanky primarily through armor--this build doesn't have a ton of health to boot--as its main defense is prone to getting 1 shot by the nature of endgame content. It might not happen very often, but it does happen. And as we all know, in HC it only needs to happen once.

So could you go HC? Sure, it clears a lot of maps easily enough. Is it particularly HC viable? No.
Last edited by IdleAltruism on Apr 6, 2016, 4:33:06 AM
"
Ddg wrote:

I Suppose now at this point im curious what I can improve gear wise? Im 78 and sitting at just over 4k HP. will i gain that last 900 or so points from the tree or am i really missing that much in my gear?

Your belt could really use an upgrade. Also, if you can find a rare ammy to replace Astra, this would help as well.

You should also be able to find a rare shield with more armor and life than Lioneye's.
Theorycrafter/Build Creator for PORTAL guild
@BlightScourge -> guide @ view-thread/1382667 (Retired till Mjolner is fixed)
Lvl 94 Crit Mjolner Marauder
twitch.tv/savagewolves
This build is great solo not to great for the poor suckers that have to put up with my discharge lol !!
Any ideas on upgrades !!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info