PVP Sucks.

"
Head_Less wrote:
"
"
Head_Less wrote:

they did that, they hired....GREENDUDE Hahahaha.
Not sure if this guy still play any pvp since he helped with the pvp patch. Like he got depressed or something helping create this fail patch.

Hahaha wtf? Well I can tell you I haven't seen him in the past year or so. They should update their roster with people more knowledgeable or observant about what's going on currently IMO.

Well first of all it seem Greendude just play LLD, so yea seem GGG never planed to do anything about HLD from the start. Not sure if Greendude told them HLD was a thing too or not.

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1087970
"
Last week, we flew out community member GreenDude to our office in New Zealand and spent three days learning everything we could about how people play PvP in Path of Exile. While we've played it a lot on our internal test servers, it was extremely valuable learning what rules the community prefers, what metagame has developed and what problems they have encountered that need improving. GreenDude has been involved in decisions about every part of PvP, ranging from tournament structure to metagame tools to damage scaling and balance of specific skills.
"

Hum not sure if we can say they learned well haha .
Also WTF there is so much more people playing HLD than LLD but they tried to learn how people play pvp using only LLD expert.

When you know at that Time Tommy/mulla/sith were around...

Snap! I need a trigger warning for the blatant pvp racism jk. ALL MODES CREATED EQUAL. :D
🎆🎆 www.youtube.com/c/Ahfack
🎆🎆 NEW #1 LLRF Helm -> 30% MORE|25CON|25BURN|-12fire|352es
🎆🎆 #1 Phys/Impale Leg 70% Multi Amulet + #1 Phys Rings!
🎆🎆 ^^Free 7L Fortify Cyclone!
🎆🎆 https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/534134
Last edited by Ahfack on Mar 23, 2016, 9:26:44 PM
"
ShinFuuma wrote:

A majority does not = no one. No one does not = a majority. Therefore, the statement is false.
If you want to argue a majority of people will draw a match if they can. There is no argument. People try to do it all the time. However, "trying" and "doing" are two different things.

For example:

Your going to "try" to counter what you know about me. What is "appropriate" is relative.

However, "doing" is an extremely tall order.

In your case. As a lvl 100 tank. You are way over-invested in defense. You can't fault the majority of people from simply doing what your trying to do right now vs me. You do not like the fact that the burden of initiation is on you. I have no problem with it.

I'm ready anytime.

Also, I'm not really to sure what you mean by I had trouble. Haha, I'm not ranged or anything, and it was Round II in a best of VII.

What I mean by "you had trouble" is that by the time you actually killed me, even without appropriate gear or potions, the matches were almost timed out.

In regular conversation, when someone says something like "everyone", they most likely do not mean literally every single last person. They mean an overwhelming majority. I suggest rather than being pedantic, you actually try addressing the problem being discussed here rather than pretending there isn't one.

Until you're willing to do that, I'm simply ignoring you from here on out.
IGN: OldManSyndrome or _OldManSyndrome_
"

But nobody can be mobile/deadly enough to kill people who stack regen and run, that's the problem. I will gladly survive anyone just by running to demonstrate this point. No one*, regardless of gear or build will be able to kill me.

Simply refusing engage should never be the counter in pvp. Running away is not interesting or fun, and if you can't kill your opponent then you should lose. You shouldn't simply "tie" because you refused to engage while they chased you the whole time. I'm spending probably 90% of my time chasing people. That's nothing short of boring, and there's absolutely no reason someone is going to want to get into pvp when the meta is to draw matches out as long as possible. It's not fun, it's not exciting, and it's not interesting. I want people to pvp because engaging in pvp is fun, chasing people around pillars for 7 minutes straight is not.

*Unless they're critsparkfloodinginquisitors.

There is nothing pedantic about my response. You even put an asterix next to "no one". Also, if you went down in round II, I'm not sure how you can even draw the conclusion you made. However, this is your opinion. I can't debate your opinion.

I'm not trying to be offensive.

You took one claim "no-one can do this" and lost. You then made another claim "If I do this" which is still remaining to be seen, and of course a very different situation. Which i'll be more than happy to participate in.

Take a look at the responses so far. People that are polar tanks are naturally going to have Dps (EA aside) issues. This is just math at work. So the idea is to adapt. Not assume there must be a problem. I don't know what else to say.

That's all. There isn't, nor will there be a problem.

There aren't that many players in 1vs1 PvP, so it wouldn't be surprising that you are encountering a small amount of players that already all know that their build is incapable of scratching you. Try noting down the names of the players that you encounter, and the result of each of your encounters with them. I'm sure you'll be surprised.

Also, have you ever yourself encountered a build you were sure you couldn't possibly kill? What was your reaction to that encounter?
Yea! "Let's dance old man!"

Would love to give you a good match. Add me :). All in good spirits, I don't need my ego stroked (got my own thread for that LOL)
🎆🎆 www.youtube.com/c/Ahfack
🎆🎆 NEW #1 LLRF Helm -> 30% MORE|25CON|25BURN|-12fire|352es
🎆🎆 #1 Phys/Impale Leg 70% Multi Amulet + #1 Phys Rings!
🎆🎆 ^^Free 7L Fortify Cyclone!
🎆🎆 https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/534134
PVP in current state does suck i agree.
"
ShinFuuma wrote:
"

But nobody can be mobile/deadly enough to kill people who stack regen and run, that's the problem. I will gladly survive anyone just by running to demonstrate this point. No one*, regardless of gear or build will be able to kill me.

Simply refusing engage should never be the counter in pvp. Running away is not interesting or fun, and if you can't kill your opponent then you should lose. You shouldn't simply "tie" because you refused to engage while they chased you the whole time. I'm spending probably 90% of my time chasing people. That's nothing short of boring, and there's absolutely no reason someone is going to want to get into pvp when the meta is to draw matches out as long as possible. It's not fun, it's not exciting, and it's not interesting. I want people to pvp because engaging in pvp is fun, chasing people around pillars for 7 minutes straight is not.

*Unless they're critsparkfloodinginquisitors.

There is nothing pedantic about my response. You even put an asterix next to "no one". Also, if you went down in round II, I'm not sure how you can even draw the conclusion you made. However, this is your opinion. I can't debate your opinion.

I'm not trying to be offensive.

You took one claim "no-one can do this" and lost. You then made another claim "If I do this" which is still remaining to be seen, and of course a very different situation. Which i'll be more than happy to participate in.

Take a look at the responses so far. People that are polar tanks are naturally going to have Dps (EA aside) issues. This is just math at work. So the idea is to adapt. Not assume there must be a problem. I don't know what else to say.

That's all. There isn't, nor will there be a problem.

Don't mind Oldman. He's that special mixture of pomposity and zealous incorrectness that makes him so entertaining to both watch and communicate with.

His opinion is objective, while yours is subjective.

You are pedantic while he thrives being overtly scrupulous in holding you to your every word.

He isn't wrong. His correctness is simply antithetical to facts and evidence.

He's a joke. Continue to crush him ... his tears are sweet.
I used to be conceited, but now I'm perfect
"
puregodly wrote:
PVP in current state does suck i agree.

Yea, it was perfectly fine when all it took for YOU to win was running around with your thumb up your twat and putting zero point zero effort into the game.

But now that you can get your shit packed in, PVP sucks. Yep. For sure. Got it.
Lavender or Leave.
PvPresident, 2016
//
You'd better run.
“EA is fine” -relith
You realize he posted this troll 3 months ago ?
"
IceDeal wrote:
You realize he posted this troll 3 months ago ?

But was it REALLY a troll, or was it just something he said was trolling to save face?

Only he knows the answer.
Lavender or Leave.
PvPresident, 2016
//
You'd better run.
“EA is fine” -relith

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info