PVP Sucks.

"
But nobody can be mobile/deadly enough to kill people who stack regen and run, that's the problem. I will gladly survive anyone just by running to demonstrate this point. No one*, regardless of gear or build will be able to kill me.

Simply refusing engage should never be the counter in pvp. Running away is not interesting or fun, and if you can't kill your opponent then you should lose. You shouldn't simply "tie" because you refused to engage while they chased you the whole time. I'm spending probably 90% of my time chasing people. That's nothing short of boring, and there's absolutely no reason someone is going to want to get into pvp when the meta is to draw matches out as long as possible. It's not fun, it's not exciting, and it's not interesting. I want people to pvp because engaging in pvp is fun, chasing people around pillars for 7 minutes straight is not.

*Unless they're critsparkfloodinginquisitors.

Yesterday, you spent 100% of your time using whirling blades to avoid me. It was futile. Now that your main point is false. What is the point of this discussion.

"
ShinFuuma wrote:
"
But nobody can be mobile/deadly enough to kill people who stack regen and run, that's the problem. I will gladly survive anyone just by running to demonstrate this point. No one*, regardless of gear or build will be able to kill me.

Simply refusing engage should never be the counter in pvp. Running away is not interesting or fun, and if you can't kill your opponent then you should lose. You shouldn't simply "tie" because you refused to engage while they chased you the whole time. I'm spending probably 90% of my time chasing people. That's nothing short of boring, and there's absolutely no reason someone is going to want to get into pvp when the meta is to draw matches out as long as possible. It's not fun, it's not exciting, and it's not interesting. I want people to pvp because engaging in pvp is fun, chasing people around pillars for 7 minutes straight is not.

Yesterday, you spent 100% of your time using whirling blades to avoid me. It was futile. Now that your main point is false. What is the point of this discussion.

Unfortunately, one person out of the last hundred actually wanting to engage in pvp doesn't make the point that the overwhelming majority of players queue into pvp matches just to run away false.

But like I said when we pvp'd, I logged into a character that was not at all geared and without proper flasks. When I have time to search for where my stuff is on hardcore I'll gladly go again. But the fact is even you had trouble killing me, and you can be easily countered by having appropriate flasks.

Do I honestly need to start recording and uploading my experiences in the pvp queue before you're willing to admit there's even a problem?
IGN: OldManSyndrome or _OldManSyndrome_
Last edited by OldManSyndrome on Mar 23, 2016, 5:54:59 PM
Oh no there are serious problems for sure. Pve first, then pvp. I wish ggg would take some of that $$$ From the currency tabs they made today and hire icedeal or someone else with our intimate knowledge. Would save so much time. Haha
🎆🎆 www.youtube.com/c/Ahfack
🎆🎆 NEW #1 LLRF Helm -> 30% MORE|25CON|25BURN|-12fire|352es
🎆🎆 #1 Phys/Impale Leg 70% Multi Amulet + #1 Phys Rings!
🎆🎆 ^^Free 7L Fortify Cyclone!
🎆🎆 https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/534134
"
"
ShinFuuma wrote:
"

Unfortunately, one person out of the last hundred actually wanting to engage in pvp doesn't make the point that the overwhelming majority of players queue into pvp matches just to run away false.

But like I said when we pvp'd, I logged into a character that was not at all geared and without proper flasks. When I have time to search for where my stuff is on hardcore I'll gladly go again. But the fact is even you had trouble killing me, and you can be easily countered by having appropriate flasks.

Do I honestly need to start recording and uploading my experiences in the pvp queue before you're willing to admit there's even a problem?

A majority does not = no one. No one does not = a majority. Therefore, the statement is false.
If you want to argue a majority of people will draw a match if they can. There is no argument. People try to do it all the time. However, "trying" and "doing" are two different things.

For example:

Your going to "try" to counter what you know about me. What is "appropriate" is relative.

However, "doing" is an extremely tall order.

In your case. As a lvl 100 tank. You are way over-invested in defense. You can't fault the majority of people from simply doing what your trying to do right now vs me. You do not like the fact that the burden of initiation is on you. I have no problem with it.

I'm ready anytime.

Also, I'm not really to sure what you mean by I had trouble. Haha, I'm not ranged or anything, and it was Round II in a best of VII.

i like how a normal topic turns into a 'who is going to pee further' fight slowly in pvp discussion forums. sometimes im a part of it, also the firestarter of it too.
"You have great power. You're right to be proud. It's unfortunate you have to die now, but I will honor you with 45% of my strength."
"
Rupenus wrote:
i like how a normal topic turns into a 'who is going to pee further' fight slowly in pvp discussion forums. sometimes im a part of it, also the firestarter of it too.

I do that in real life, but then I get my ass kicked.
Easier to do with pixels haha
Poe Pvp experience
https://youtu.be/Z6eg3aB_V1g?t=302
"
Oh no there are serious problems for sure. Pve first, then pvp. I wish ggg would take some of that $$$ From the currency tabs they made today and hire icedeal or someone else with our intimate knowledge. Would save so much time. Haha

they did that, they hired....GREENDUDE Hahahaha.
Not sure if this guy still play any pvp since he helped with the pvp patch. Like he got depressed or something helping create this fail patch.
Poe Pvp experience
Last edited by Head_Less on Mar 23, 2016, 8:10:57 PM
011000110100010100011's you mean
"You have great power. You're right to be proud. It's unfortunate you have to die now, but I will honor you with 45% of my strength."
"
Head_Less wrote:
"

Not sure if this guy still play any pvp since he helped with the pvp patch. Like he got depressed or something helping create this fail patch.

Hahaha wtf? Well I can tell you I haven't seen him in the past year or so. They should update their roster with people more knowledgeable or observant about what's going on currently IMO.
🎆🎆 www.youtube.com/c/Ahfack
🎆🎆 NEW #1 LLRF Helm -> 30% MORE|25CON|25BURN|-12fire|352es
🎆🎆 #1 Phys/Impale Leg 70% Multi Amulet + #1 Phys Rings!
🎆🎆 ^^Free 7L Fortify Cyclone!
🎆🎆 https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/534134
"
"
Head_Less wrote:
"

Hahaha wtf? Well I can tell you I haven't seen him in the past year or so. They should update their roster with people more knowledgeable or observant about what's going on currently IMO.

Well first of all it seem Greendude just play LLD, so yea seem GGG never planed to do anything about HLD from the start. Not sure if Greendude told them HLD was a thing too or not.

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1087970
"
Last week, we flew out community member GreenDude to our office in New Zealand and spent three days learning everything we could about how people play PvP in Path of Exile. While we've played it a lot on our internal test servers, it was extremely valuable learning what rules the community prefers, what metagame has developed and what problems they have encountered that need improving. GreenDude has been involved in decisions about every part of PvP, ranging from tournament structure to metagame tools to damage scaling and balance of specific skills.
"

Hum not sure if we can say they learned well haha .
Also WTF there is so much more people playing HLD than LLD but they tried to learn how people play pvp using only LLD expert.

"
GreenDude wrote:
"
KiPad wrote:
Sick but honestly take someone in addition greendude. He knows a lot about LLD but he's downright clueless about HLD.

Downright clueless is harsh. Especially since I hosted an HLD tournament and did my research via pvp feedback and I also asked HLDers directly for info. See this reply:
"
No. I did do my research before I left and I even made a thread where I asked HLDers to tell me one thing they'd like to change about HLD if they could. However I still do not consider myself an HLD expert by any means. This is also why HLD is not the main focus yet, because it still needs more work.

Would be interesting to ask greendude if they even contacted him again since then.

"
MullaXul wrote:
Oh man, this will end one of two ways. Either it will be great and GreenDude relayed the right information and/or GGG actually looked at the non bias non dumb ass comments in the pvp section. Or it will be a cluster fuck where gems are buffed for LLD use subsequently making them more broken in HLD and we all just wish the whole thing was left alone in its current messed up state.

Mulla is always right haha
Poe Pvp experience
Last edited by Head_Less on Mar 23, 2016, 9:28:20 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info