[2.2 PHC/Video] Dual Curse CoC Cyclone Trypanon/Scolds Bridle Juggernaut - perma IC

"
Bumbledore wrote:
"
Ukantos wrote:
How viable is this build for T15 maps? I am struggling to decide wether i should play this build for T15 maps, or choose to continue playing the Spark build from ziggy D i would appreciate your opinion on this matter greatly :D

Hi guys,

I also like to know what can be done, to be t15 viable and maybe Atziri too. At the moment I'm farming t10 and feeling a little bit squishy.

Thats my current equip:

Spoiler

What can I change to be much more tanky, i have 75/75/75 res and 5.755 life, maybe Vaal Grace would be helpful?

Thanks

Mh, maybe try to add IC + CWDT + Inc Duration? Never had problems on that map tier, Iam not playing VMS though and still have the CWDT set up.

Also I think doing Atziri with this build is a bad idea, simply because you dont see enough(at least not with those spells).
"
kallell wrote:
"
Vendatpath wrote:
"
kallell wrote:
I didn't realize it was ALL enemies around you. I guess it's just another chance to attack, which is another crit, which is chance to proc skills. So in short it's probably more damage, just less tanky.

That being said, you could take out Molten shell and put both vigilent strike and vengeance in, or if you had a 6l you could add it. That way, even more attacks and flat 20% damage reduction, which imo would outweigh the armor from regular molten shell.

Don't take this as i'm trying to poop on your build, i think it's great, but i love tweaking and min maxing :D.

Sure why not, Molten Shell is not that usefull with the high IC uptime anyways so I might change it for Flame Surge soon. If you want to play it with Fortify that should work out as well :D

And I thinks its awesome, so many people bringing in ideas/suggestions for improvements, thats what made it so good in the first place :)

So to further this, if my theory is correct for damn near perm fort; you could give up unstoppable for unyielding and get 1.9% life regen and 30% more flat damage. Since you already have Art of the Gladiator; not sure how the 10% ms from unstoppable makes however.

***EDIT**** Scratch this all. COC can't proc vengeance.

So as someone who was trying to get Fortify to work in this set up as well. Are there any conclusions, whats the "easiest" way to get some sort of Fortify in here?
"
roya82 wrote:
"
kallell wrote:
"
Vendatpath wrote:

Sure why not, Molten Shell is not that usefull with the high IC uptime anyways so I might change it for Flame Surge soon. If you want to play it with Fortify that should work out as well :D

And I thinks its awesome, so many people bringing in ideas/suggestions for improvements, thats what made it so good in the first place :)

So to further this, if my theory is correct for damn near perm fort; you could give up unstoppable for unyielding and get 1.9% life regen and 30% more flat damage. Since you already have Art of the Gladiator; not sure how the 10% ms from unstoppable makes however.

***EDIT**** Scratch this all. COC can't proc vengeance.

So as someone who was trying to get Fortify to work in this set up as well. Are there any conclusions, whats the "easiest" way to get some sort of Fortify in here?

Honestly probably just sticking it in a 6L with cyclone. Like i said, the 6th slot really isn't needed dps wise, at least in the map tiers im on atm.
Why vengeance? The DPS is very low, there's other benefit from it?
"
kallell wrote:

Honestly probably just sticking it in a 6L with cyclone. Like i said, the 6th slot really isn't needed dps wise, at least in the map tiers im on atm.

Yes 6l with Cyclone or have a 2nd Cyclone linked somewhere which is just Cyclone - Fortify which you mix in.

"
germano003 wrote:

Yes its another CoC trigger, used to reach a higher IC uptime.
"
germano003 wrote:

This was confusing to me too at first.

So take a hit > proc vengeance > since it will crit, CoC used > procs IC + whatever else you have linked.

It goes off more often than CWDT since the threshold is high-ish, but it's not constant since many times your CoC ice nova/shocknova/flamesurge kills them before vengeance hits.

Another alternative is to keep another CWDT (level 1) in place of it to proc IC.
For bosses that are horrible for melee, what's the usual way around this?
For example, https://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/4ebgi1/projectpt_teaches_how_to_handle_double_village/ was outlined, then during the video at one point he says that if you're melee use Spectral Throw to cull. Is there any temporary set up I can use to finish off some ugly bosses? Or is the default to skip?

An example, for ele reflect maps I don't mind throwing my tabula on and doing a similar set up with physical spells only, blade fall and blade vortex. It's definitely not ideal but it gets the job and it's fun to switch it up a tiny bit.

Last, if I add quality to cyclone, it says it increases aoe radius, does this mean it will hit a target further away or just that when I do hit something in my normal range it will do damage further away? I answered this myself, according to the wiki pages on Range this is not the case. :(
Last edited by roya82 on Apr 12, 2016, 4:40:53 PM
"
roya82 wrote:
For bosses that are horrible for melee, what's the usual way around this?
For example, https://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/4ebgi1/projectpt_teaches_how_to_handle_double_village/ was outlined, then during the video at one point he says that if you're melee use Spectral Throw to cull. Is there any temporary set up I can use to finish off some ugly bosses? Or is the default to skip?

An example, for ele reflect maps I don't mind throwing my tabula on and doing a similar set up with physical spells only, blade fall and blade vortex. It's definitely not ideal but it gets the job and it's fun to switch it up a tiny bit.

Last, if I add quality to cyclone, it says it increases aoe radius, does this mean it will hit a target further away or just that when I do hit something in my normal range it will do damage further away? I answered this myself, according to the wiki pages on Range this is not the case. :(

Village Ruin shouldnt be a problem, get both low, kill the archer first, the dog doesnt use his jump as long as you are in melee range and you should be able to tank him thanks to IC.

Increased AOE on Cyclone means that it will hit a target further away.
Love this build so far, started it yesterday and are lvl 79 already and everything is so easy, cheap startup cost as well so cant complain at all

Do the supported spells crit from the weapon also? Like Shock Nova and Ice Nova?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info