2.2.1d Hotfix (Tuesday 5:15pm NZ Time)

The following has been deployed restartlessly. These changes will apply upon restarting your game client.

• Fixed an issue where System memory usage would continuously climb in Windows 10. See today's news article for more information.
Last edited by GGG_Neon on Mar 22, 2016, 12:17:34 AM
Last bumped on Mar 27, 2016, 6:30:14 AM
Finally
Hopefully server disconnects and the client crashes that have been running rampant for NON win 10 can get fixed soon. I believe in you GGG but this is by far the worst the game has ever performed for me since BETA.
It would be nice to find out the status of the memory error issues in general. I don't think it's specific to one version of Windows, as I've used and played Path of Exile on various systems with various different operating systems, and some operating systems on the same system (my own) both 32 and 64 bit, Windows 7 and 8.1.

It happens in every scenario. Always on map changes after a while of playing, the time of which depending on how many maps you do in the time you play, but it always happens. Even sometimes when you portal to town, which is the worst I guess. Restarting Path of Exile regularly "fixes" this issue, so it seems to me that either the game does not have enough memory allocated to it, or it fails to flush it over time so it overflows.

Either that, or something that is written to memory during a map transition (and/or town portal) gets corrupted somehow and causes the crash. But if this was the case, it would theoretically also sometimes happen straight after starting the game, and it never does.

As it's definitely been and still is affecting me every day of playing, I'd be more than happy to help out in any way I can, provided any information or experiences, system specs or logs as requested. If it helps solve this, no price is too high. :)

Edit: I forgot to mention, I have messed about a bit with Windows Virtual Memory allocation, because that can and has caused issues with other games in the past. (namely Thief, that crashed at certain points in the game without an amount of virtual memory allocated above a certain threshold)

I've tried letting Windows sort it, I've tried increasing it manually (32 to 64GB) and I've done so on 3 different hard drives. (physically, not partitions) Right now I've completely disabled it, to no avail because the problem persists through every attempt, exactly the same way.
Carry on my waypoint son, there'll be peace when maps are done.
Lay your portal gem to rest, don't you die no more.

'Cause it's a bitter sweet symphony this league.
Try to make maps meet, you're a slave to the meta, then you leave.
Last edited by Xavathos on Mar 22, 2016, 1:31:59 AM
You guys should fix the Ascendant Slayer Node doesn't give cast speed when leeching, the attack speed works though.
I thought this should be important, it's a node on the passive that is not working correctly, right?
IGN: TeamForDead
SRS all day everyday!!!
Don't you dare nerf my spirits again :(
Last edited by xmh911111 on Mar 22, 2016, 1:55:25 AM
So like, we call it restartless but here I am forced out of game because of a conveniently timed crash while trying to zone.
Ah, I've fixed that myself by simply buying more RAM :)
"
IRID1UM wrote:
Ah, I've fixed that myself by simply buying more RAM :)

I have 32GB already though. I sincerely doubt that would be it.

Oh, and no, I don't use 32 bit operating system before anyone says anything. :P
Carry on my waypoint son, there'll be peace when maps are done.
Lay your portal gem to rest, don't you die no more.

'Cause it's a bitter sweet symphony this league.
Try to make maps meet, you're a slave to the meta, then you leave.
nice
Nice!! it was this exact issue ive been having.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info