[HC Assassin] 2.6 Arc Miner build - Fast Clear + Very Low Budget!

Where are you getting the 417% flat multiplier with 0 charges? I get 416% with all 7 and with gear comparison, I should have a higher average damage than you. Only level 77 but I have all the damage nodes for the time being. What I don't have are the jewel sockets but you don't have yours posted. Only thing I can think of.
"
BarryNuts wrote:
Where are you getting the 417% flat multiplier with 0 charges? I get 416% with all 7 and with gear comparison, I should have a higher average damage than you. Only level 77 but I have all the damage nodes for the time being. What I don't have are the jewel sockets but you don't have yours posted. Only thing I can think of.

You are certain you picked up all the damage nodes? 77 seems pretty early for that to be honest :) quick checklist for you: Arcane Potency, Serpent Stance, Annihilation, Blast Cascade, Doom Cast and Assassination. I do also have some crit multi on my jewels. Also the final two ascendency points gives you a little from the travel node.
Playing this guy, the gameplay is really fun. Thanks for the guide. Squishy as hell though, dying all the time, despite having Lightning Coil, but mostly it's due to my careless plays and crappy positioning.

Got a question about gem setup. I'm using Call of the Brotherhood to proc Herald of Ice shatter AoE, seems like it helps clear blobs. However, together with Herald damage bonus more than half of my damage output is cold, not lightning. And yet I'm still using Lightning Pen gem in my main linkage, as per your recommendations. Would switching it to some other blue gem like Increased Critical Strikes be beneficial, how do you think? Switching to cold pen is not a realistic option, because it would require repainging into 4b2g, and I've spent ~400 chromes to get my current (much easier) 5b1g.
IGN: Zurgle. Steam ID: zuthuzu. I'm rarely online ingame, most of the time online in steam.
Feel free to add in either, if you wanted something checked out.
Last edited by zuthuzu on Apr 10, 2016, 3:19:22 AM
"
zuthuzu wrote:
Got a question about gem setup. I'm using Call of the Brotherhood to proc Herald of Ice shatter AoE, seems like it helps clear blobs. However, together with Herald damage bonus more than half of my damage output is cold, not lightning. And yet I'm still using Lightning Pen gem in my main linkage, as per your recommendations. Would switching it to some other blue gem like Increased Critical Strikes be beneficial, how do you think? Switching to cold pen is not a realistic option, because it would require repainging into 4b2g, and I've spent ~400 chromes to get my current (much easier) 5b1g.

So first off, I don't think you can proc the Herald of Ice AoEs in this way as your mines are the thing doing the killing (while do not have herald of ice on them)? Or there might be some really weird interactions with Call of the Brotherhood specifically? But that aside, putting in increased crit strikes would help with general clear (it reads like you are using a 6l so already have inc crit multi) but no matter what you will be struggling quite a bit more with any resist maps. Keeping lightning pen in will be far more consistent for bosses and those maps. In my opinion just keep in the lightning pen.

Side note: have you been able to freeze bosses with only 50% conversion?

"
zuthuzu wrote:
Playing this guy, the gameplay is really fun. Thanks for the guide. Squishy as hell though, dying all the time, despite having Lightning Coil, but mostly it's due to my careless plays and crappy positioning.

Glad you are enjoying it, and yeah as I mentioned you really need to pay attention for this build :) Although as you are using Call of the Brotherhood (and so can freeze stuff anyway, which was the main point of HoI), you could drop the herald and run a temp chains or enfeeble blasphemy. Might help a bit :)
"
have you been able to freeze bosses with only 50% conversion?

Bosses, no, I don't think so. It works as a sort-of stun or rares and shatters corpses, so that, for instance, porcupines are never an issue. Or, say, did a Coward's Trial, final boss walks out and does the travolta gif: not a single animatable body in sight. It's fun as hell. But yeah, now that you mention it, I might be wrong about aoe hoi shatter, gotta do a comparable testing on some fat-ish mobs, so that a single D press wouldn't cause that much of an overkill.
IGN: Zurgle. Steam ID: zuthuzu. I'm rarely online ingame, most of the time online in steam.
Feel free to add in either, if you wanted something checked out.
I'm 87 and loving the build.. really - great job bro!

Since I chanced my sorcerer boots and got skyforth and got quite decent amount of currency, what better gear would you suggest or what to improve.

Many thanks again, having a blast with this build.
Thanks for the input zuthuzu, the main benefit I was assuming from CotB would be consistently shattering all porcupines, even in cold res maps so thats a nice plus :) Not so sure its worth losing out on the more consistent shocks on bosses though, but certainly worth comparing :)

"
rkrindal wrote:
I'm 87 and loving the build.. really - great job bro!

Since I chanced my sorcerer boots and got skyforth and got quite decent amount of currency, what better gear would you suggest or what to improve.

Many thanks again, having a blast with this build.

Glad you are having fun with the build, and the chanced skyforths of course :P Although in all honesty skyforths is not super op for this build as we get the free power charges anyway, but the stun immunity basically is great (lost count of the number of times I thought I placed mines but got stunned out of it :P).

Biggest things to improve would probably to get a very strong crit necklace and a 6l. Perhaps also a lightning coil if you can back that up too. The 6l is pretty huge though so if anything I would focus on that first :) You could also use a maligaro's or facebreakers if you can fill the gap of defences elsewhere for a pretty big damage boost. (And of course the 10% ele pen on boots if you haven't already got it)
Rolling this character on PHC. Any way to make it somewhat more tanky? Was thinking about dropping MoM and getting dual curse enfeeble/temp. chains, and then either stack pure es on gear or es/ev. I guess I would also pick Melding.
"
macexor wrote:
Rolling this character on PHC. Any way to make it somewhat more tanky? Was thinking about dropping MoM and getting dual curse enfeeble/temp. chains, and then either stack pure es on gear or es/ev. I guess I would also pick Melding.

Well I think that running a single blasphemy with MoM is the best option for more defense at the moment. Removing MoM drops quite a lot of effective health that you are not really going to make up anywhere else (should already be getting a decent amount of ES on gear). Although you could certainly try with dual blasphemy with no MoM and see how it works out (you will need more mana regen on gear then remember).
My Gear:
Spoiler

Let me know what you would change and what you think. The last amulet I bought but I can't wear it because of attributes :(.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info