[3.4] The Mistress of Agony - Lowlife BlightDrain Ascendant / Occultist - ALL content viable!

@ djnat

Is it possible to use the Item Rarity Support and the Culling Strike gems in 6L chain? First one for a middle-tier maps mining and last one for difficult bosses. Both not at same time of couse.
"
_SP_ wrote:
@ djnat

Is it possible to use the Item Rarity Support and the Culling Strike gems in 6L chain? First one for a middle-tier maps mining and last one for difficult bosses. Both not at same time of couse.

Item Rarity works only if the FIRST damage over time spell you cast is still on the target when it dies.

Example: you cast Contagion on a boss, then Essence Drain.

As the fight goes on, you still go on with refreshing Cont + ED regularly. When the target dies, the rarity bonus applies only if the support gem is linked to Contagion.

For culling strike at hard bosses you can keep a Heartbreaker in switch without changing your setup at all.

:)

I don't consider the culling strike necessary, usually the last 10% of any boss is too short to justify a setup switch.
Last edited by djnat on Sep 1, 2017, 4:35:28 PM
Am I dumb?
I keep finding oddities when looking at your gear---how do you get %increased ES on rings?

(PS upgrades are coming slowly but I'm getting there. 6.6k ES now and 50k DPS unbuffed. Still saving up for Chayula!)
"
WaveofShadow wrote:
Am I dumb?
I keep finding oddities when looking at your gear---how do you get %increased ES on rings?

(PS upgrades are coming slowly but I'm getting there. 6.6k ES now and 50k DPS unbuffed. Still saving up for Chayula!)

It's written in the guide. The %ES enchantment on rings is no longer available in temporary leagues, it has been removed in 3.0 so it's Standard only. The best enchantment now is the faster start of energy shield recharge mod crafted via Leo.
So I got a question. I get that a lot of guides expect you to already have a ton of items, currency, and/or to use whatever the trading system is but for a newer person leveling with this guide, what do you expect them to have as far as gear? The main problems that I've been running into so far is that a) I'm starving for that bit extra STR and DEX, and b) big mobile/CC mobs/bosses either destroy me or come close (flame dash has saved me countless times). I've tweaked things to use the drops I'm actually getting but at my current rate the next major boss will probably be a bigger problem (just died 3 times during pre-Dominus final form).
"
thelastdonut wrote:
So I got a question. I get that a lot of guides expect you to already have a ton of items, currency, and/or to use whatever the trading system is but for a newer person leveling with this guide, what do you expect them to have as far as gear? The main problems that I've been running into so far is that a) I'm starving for that bit extra STR and DEX, and b) big mobile/CC mobs/bosses either destroy me or come close (flame dash has saved me countless times). I've tweaked things to use the drops I'm actually getting but at my current rate the next major boss will probably be a bigger problem (just died 3 times during pre-Dominus final form).

Like any lowlife build which goes in-depth with ES mechanics, it's a bit difficult to play as the very first character if you are a new player. It's normal you are experiencing some gear issues, especially if you are not an expert of PoE's trade system.

I am usually able to farm the whole gear of this build in about one week or two, depending on the /played time I can spend when I am free from work duties.

Are you playing normal league or SSF? This build is NOT designed for SSF because it requires key uniques which can be really hard to acquire without trading.
"
djnat wrote:

Like any lowlife build which goes in-depth with ES mechanics, it's a bit difficult to play as the very first character if you are a new player. It's normal you are experiencing some gear issues, especially if you are not an expert of PoE's trade system.

I am usually able to farm the whole gear of this build in about one week or two, depending on the /played time I can spend when I am free from work duties.

Are you playing normal league or SSF? This build is NOT designed for SSF because it requires key uniques which can be really hard to acquire without trading.

I'm in Harbinger league, however, I have not touched the trade system at all so I guess that's effectively SSF. Thats something I was hoping to delay until I checked out the new acts and content added since the last time I played. I'm not particularly focused on the most optimal dmg so I thought I could run this and get a glimpse of what lowlife is supposed to be like, but I may have to set this aside until later.
Last edited by thelastdonut on Sep 3, 2017, 3:46:28 PM
Finnaly Ive got it!

But It also doesn't cover my current HP (2027Life + 6646ES). Now the LowLife set gives me only 8140ES against 8673 in sum. I'm a little upset with a purchase of the Presence of Chayula now. (a little bit of fall short 500es)
I suppose you weren't playing as lowlife if you are talking about 2k unreserved HP before equipping Chayula, so that little extra EHP you had before costed you a 30% MORE damage multiplier.
Steam rollin maps its all ez mode until i get to bosses then the dps seem lacking , Guardians even more chimera wrecked me hydra down but just seem like a really long fight . I see they guy above me sayin he's at 50k i'm sitting at 23k lacking a empower 4 and essence drain 21 but i dont see how i can get that much dps unless those lvl are all of it. Anyhow good build amazing for map clearing and uber izaro

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info