Cheap Prolif Flameblast, HC viable - 2.3 updated

Hey so i just wanted to say this build is pretty good!

I am basicly playing your build the only difference is i am playing as a scion using berserker and raider ascendancy. This gives me some leech, and a lot of cast speed from frenzy charges + perma onslaught.

Oh and yeah i use chance to ignite in my links to get reliable burn cus i dont get elemental conflux.

I only made this char today (10 hours played) and im level 79 so i must say the clear speed is awesome, lightning warp is insane speed with vaal haste, MS flasks and good cast speed.
I basicly lightning warp around and kill anything with 3-5 stacks flameblast.. I was doing 250 million xp/hour from 60 to 79 in dried lake.

This is just my take on it, and it might be worse than the elementalist which, but i felt like playing a scion since i had just died on my witch lol.

heres my gear and tree:

Spoiler

https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAABAADBA3UEBwSzBg4I9An2C2ENzRBiFm8YVhkuGjgabBzOHNwfAiGwIdAkqicvJ-0rUC6UNPc1kjbFNuk6WDrYOuE8BTwtPV9Bh0WdTLNN41JTU1JVxlZIVw1Yd18EaHRo8m0Ze258S4IHgpuDX4PMg9uEU48akFWRK5SglnSXIZeFl5WX9Jo7muCdrp_fogCmV6cIrJitja9sr6e3PsBmwXzE9sauz37QH9Ih1HzVptgk2E3Yvdlh2mLjauQi6-7sOO0873zv6-_98B_xbPJB8kX56P4K_lT-jw==?accountName=Adritch&characterName=_DIVINE_PIZZA

obviously my gear is far from optimized and the only thing i spent any money on is basicly the chest that i got for 60 chaos.
As i said im only 79 but im sitting at 5.5k hp with 4x7% hp jewels..
Glad it works well for you. I think you could respec Breath of Flames if you're using Chance to Ignite though.

Added a -max Courtyard video to the main post
https://youtu.be/q8HYwnoBBCE
CET Timezone
Do you know if it's possible to proc Mastermind Of Discord with Herald Of Thunder? Or does it have to be a skill which you manually cast?
I'm pretty sure Mastermind of Discord will be procced only from the initial cast of herald (turning it on) just like it works with totems, works for casting the totem, but not when totem casts that skill.
CET Timezone
Great build loving it so far, I too was wondering if it is possible for this to be effective as low life? Seeing as I just got a shavs recently, would it be feasible. If so what would you change?
Last edited by a1mandf1re on Mar 31, 2016, 5:41:09 AM
I will be trying this build and will update later on with my progress and thoughts on the build.

I haven not played prolif flameblast since the nerf of elemental proliferation and am curious to see how it will turn out.
Any idea what to chant on this? Master chanting not available yet

Hey, great post, just wanted to ask you what you think would be the best variation for this build assuming we can't just buy the elreon gear from the forums (for example in a new league / 1month / soloself found). I'm thinking of rolling this for fun in the new solo self found challenge.

Just using a blood magic gem sounds really inefficient, since it gimps our damage and survivability by a decent margin.

So really we are left with getting the blood magic keystone or using a clarity gem ( and a manapotion? ) for sustaining our mana.

Just using the keystone obviously gets rid of our auras, which makes reflect an even bigger issue, but I think it would be a much smoother way to play atleast in merciless to early/midtier maps. Travelling to the keystone wont cost us that much points since we are already travelling deep to the marauder side of the tree, but its still pretty inefficient to straight rush to the keystone.

The tree shouldnt change that much depending on what path we choose, for blood magic route I'd probably Heart and Soul and Quick Recovery, and on the clarity route I'd add Shaper and Deep Thoughts. So mainly it would be fiddling with the gems a bit.

PS. I listed the rules and all the extra jazz for the challenge in the spoiler for anyone intrested, anyone can join.

Last edited by Dhul on Apr 1, 2016, 10:43:38 AM
"
a1mandf1re wrote:
Great build loving it so far, I too was wondering if it is possible for this to be effective as low life? Seeing as I just got a shavs recently, would it be feasible. If so what would you change?

I'll try and see what I can come up with for low life tomorrow as I'm kinda tired right now. Will send you a pm.

"
knoxy wrote:
Any idea what to chant on this? Master chanting not available yet

Catarina's % fire damage would probably be your best choice.

"
Dhul wrote:
Hey, great post, just wanted to ask you what you think would be the best variation for this build assuming we can't just buy the elreon gear from the forums (for example in a new league / 1month / soloself found). I'm thinking of rolling this for fun in the new solo self found challenge.

Just using a blood magic gem sounds really inefficient, since it gimps our damage and survivability by a decent margin.

So really we are left with getting the blood magic keystone or using a clarity gem ( and a manapotion? ) for sustaining our mana.

Just using the keystone obviously gets rid of our auras, which makes reflect an even bigger issue, but I think it would be a much smoother way to play atleast in merciless to early/midtier maps. Travelling to the keystone wont cost us that much points since we are already travelling deep to the marauder side of the tree, but its still pretty inefficient to straight rush to the keystone.

The tree shouldnt change that much depending on what path we choose, for blood magic route I'd probably Heart and Soul and Quick Recovery, and on the clarity route I'd add Shaper and Deep Thoughts. So mainly it would be fiddling with the gems a bit.

PS. I listed the rules and all the extra jazz for the challenge in the spoiler for anyone intrested, anyone can join.

I myself have used a mana flask on my first PHC char till lvl 87 at which I ripped (not paying attention to the game heh). For solo selffound I'm pretty sure going BM keystone would work, just respec Dynamo and Righteous Decree. Reflect shouldn't be much of a problem early, even without Purity of Fire. Going mana in a long term would most likely be a bad idea since you're probably gonna be rather short on currency so won't really be able to afford rerolling 40-60% less regen.

I guess if you get lucky enough, you could make some Elreon's jewellery yourself, heh. Even getting -18-20 cost is already huge and combined with some reduction nodes would probably allow you to run a 5l flameblast off mana.
CET Timezone
Last edited by Sivluu on Mar 31, 2016, 6:16:50 PM
The point you made about rerolling maps early on was great considering the context. Thanks a lot.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info