Cheap Prolif Flameblast, HC viable - 2.3 updated

"
idrgz wrote:
"
Sivluu wrote:
Neither of them are really usable for this build as we use elreon rings. Flameblast doesn't create ignite stacks although I suppose prolif could. Anyway, Emberwake wouldn't be worth it.

Taming on the other hand, if we needn't elreon rings, would be probably a pretty good choice.

did you level as flameblaster?

Ya, I started using it just after I hit 28 lvl.
CET Timezone
Why Liege of the Primordial over Mastermind of Discord in the Ascendancy tree? Wouldn't Mastermind of Discord be pretty good if we are already using orb of storms to proc ele overload?
"
Sivluu wrote:
"
idrgz wrote:
"
Sivluu wrote:
Neither of them are really usable for this build as we use elreon rings. Flameblast doesn't create ignite stacks although I suppose prolif could. Anyway, Emberwake wouldn't be worth it.

Taming on the other hand, if we needn't elreon rings, would be probably a pretty good choice.

did you level as flameblaster?

Ya, I started using it just after I hit 28 lvl.

really? you didnt find it horribly slow without tons of cast speed ? you didnt have an urge to use smth like firestorm with spell echo instead?
Yea, it indeed doesn't feel so great before you get both aoe clusters & inc aoe gem and a decent cast speed. It sure is better to use firestorm for a bit longer than just lvl 28. I switched to flameblast at lvl 28 simply because I like to level with a skill that I'm gonna use in endgame.

"
kulnan wrote:

Why Liege of the Primordial over Mastermind of Discord in the Ascendancy tree? Wouldn't Mastermind of Discord be pretty good if we are already using orb of storms to proc ele overload?

That's actually a really good question. I have honestly no idea. There might be some problems with reflect though, 20% fire penetration is pretty huge. Gonna test it now, thanks.
CET Timezone
And what about Paragon of Calamity? With Cloak of Flame mitigation, it may work.
Last edited by Rajaion on Mar 23, 2016, 3:51:58 PM
I tried Mastermind of Discord now and it seems really good as it is not only procced by our Orb of Storms but Lightning Warp as well, so it's up 90% of the time. That means Paragon of Calamity is currently out of question. Anyways, I tried it before and it was kinda meh, comparable to Pendulum of Destruction. In the end i choose Pendulum just because the node leading to it had 4% cast speed, heh.

Thanks to kulnan for Mastermind of Discord suggestion. Updated the main post with ascendancy points choices. Also going to update it with leveling trees soon.
CET Timezone
20 regrets RIP, my currencies doesn't thank you about that. But good point with lightning warp, well done!
Why rapid decay over less duration gem?

I did not understand the first level 99 character took Pendulum of Destruction- Shaper desolation - Golem nodes for fire damage. The second character takes Mastermind of Discourt for penetration ? What the best chois and why ?
Orb of storm is great ? I dont understand how to use Orb of storm (((( And I dont open lvling links error....................
"
Why rapid decay over less duration gem?

I'm using both.

"
Cruzzz wrote:

I did not understand the first level 99 character took Pendulum of Destruction- Shaper desolation - Golem nodes for fire damage. The second character takes Mastermind of Discourt for penetration ? What the best chois and why ?

Mastermind of Discord was suggested yesterday so I tried it and it worked well, so now I'm using it, and can recommend it.

"
Cruzzz wrote:
Orb of storm is great ? I dont understand how to use Orb of storm (((( And I dont open lvling links error....................

You just cast it each pack or so before you start flameblasting. Nothing else. What do you mean with the lvling links? They work just fine to me.
CET Timezone
Last edited by Sivluu on Mar 24, 2016, 5:28:03 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info