Budget Fireball Elementalist

I'm in Act 4 now (normal) Leveling is pretty slow for a marauder. But I think It'll pick up in Cruel. (hopefully)

Fireball though is looking decent. Slow start because of just having to pick up life, str and BM first. Unlike the witch picking up spell damage and fire damage first.

But I'm in the Templar area now and my dps is going up.

Did have to get some things on POE trade however and I've already used some essances.

So I'm hoping that by the time I get to maps, I'll be rolling pretty good (pun intended).
Act 1 Cruel - Marauder - doing very well... hardcore.
Cruel - doing really good.
"
grubvox wrote:
Hey guys, how would you do the leveling for this build?

What items/skills did you use in general while leveling?

And, how did you progress through the passive three?

Anyone?
Last edited by grubvox on Sep 4, 2016, 2:51:49 PM
As a marauder, I went directly for BM first, through the resist nodes. I then went up to Templar, grabbing aoe, Then I started working on my rolling flame slots. I started leveling with groundslam until I got my lmp, I then switched over to fireball and flame totem. It is a little slow ar first and as my essance league starter, I had to pick up a lot of gems of trade, but its rolling pretty good now.
I am playing as marauder fireballer also, i reached lvl 65 now(its pretty fast to level with sunder/earthquake, then switch to fireball when u have the first rolling flame), and i only got the normal lab which i chose berserker and grabbed the life leech, but now that i am looking more closely to Chieftain, the more i want to change.

From Chieftain you would get:
3% life regen with 6 endurance charges + a way to not have to cast enduring cry every time(20% chance on burning enemies)
4.5% life regen total, counting little nodes
30% fire damage
15% ignite (which wouldnt that useful), but also 35% increased damage against burning enimies, which makes the ignite useful
1% fire leech

And if u get the 4th lab -> + 0.5% life regen, +20 +10% str, 40% armour, 10 all res and 10% reduced mana cost

With berseker you basically get 1% or 3% damage leech (depending if u killed recently) and 40% more damage with 10% increased damage taken and 15% CONDITIONAL move speed. And then the 4th lab is just not so good also, it just almost reverts the damage taken. Too many dead nodes.
Yeah its a real tossup between berserker and chieftan. Even tho berserker does seem to have a lot of dead nodes that 40% MORE damage is far superior to all the damage nodes combined on the chieftan tree since its just increased damage. But yeah I am also wondering if endurance charge generation would be worth to make the switch. Considering our only defence would probably be high health pool + lots of endurance charges.

Currently lvl 73 and my gmp fireball tooltip is 20k. feels decent enough at clearing packs. Also I am using flame surge for single target its at 100k tooltip on a 4link O.O not counting the 50% more damage agianst burning which fireball provides. I dont find myself needing more damage so chieftan could be a viable option.
Last edited by bendoverxnao on Sep 5, 2016, 3:29:05 PM
Just got my third Roll'n Flames jewel. DPS wen't up alot.
"
bendoverxnao wrote:
Yeah its a real tossup between berserker and chieftan. Even tho berserker does seem to have a lot of dead nodes that 40% MORE damage is far superior to all the damage nodes combined on the chieftan tree since its just increased damage. But yeah I am also wondering if endurance charge generation would be worth to make the switch. Considering our only defence would probably be high health pool + lots of endurance charges.

Currently lvl 73 and my gmp fireball tooltip is 20k. feels decent enough at clearing packs. Also I am using flame surge for single target its at 100k tooltip on a 4link O.O not counting the 50% more damage agianst burning which fireball provides. I dont find myself needing more damage so chieftan could be a viable option.

I know that 40% more damage is insane, huge boost in damage, but you have to remember its not just the increased damage on chieftain, you also get the 10% fire pen which is a lot of effective damage. It's probably still not enough to overcome the 40% more damage, but i think it comes close. And chieftain is a lot better for survivability(i am playing on hardcore afterall). I was sold on chieftain for the fact that i get to maintain endurance charges much more easily.
I just realized that Bezerker was 40% MORE.

I was thinking it was 40% increased. Now I understand why berzerker is so attractive.

I wen't with berzerker because the leech and now I'm excited to see what 40% more damage will do. The 10% damage taken though is rough for hardcore.

I was tempted to go jugg but I like having the leech especially being bm.

I just bought a 5 link staff. It's not +2 fire or anything; I'm still poor, but right now I'm using controlled distruction, spell echo, fb, gmp and fire pen.

I don't know if I'll use conc eff because it takes away from the shotgunning. Taking out Controlled Distruction and replacing it with faster casting is pretty good too. But I want more damge for burn, so I think CD would be better then fC.

I'm in Act 2 Merc now and the dps has picked up alot and I'm going pretty smoothly now. We'll see how it goes in maps.

I really like the idea of using a staff because I would really like to get a Kaom's.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info