Budget Fireball Elementalist

So i started this build on EHC, going with Berserker instead of Elementalist and i got the idea to go for MOM to utilize the huge %mana increase from pledge along with some other mana nodes (Deep thoughts, heart and soul, Quick recovery). I thought its not gonna work very well but it was surprisingly effective, you get alot of mana and life leech from Berserker and you can sustain the 100+ mana cost of fireball at 0.3 or less cast speeds quite well.

It makes the build very tanky, later on you can have around 1.7k mana and over 7k health which is a pretty substantial buffer. When taking a big hit my mana can drop to 0 briefly, but i started using clarity to help with the regen a bit so it was not an issue. Having instant mana flask helps with some low regen maps.

Unfortunately i riped the character, but i wanted to test something else out on standard with the new amulet Eye of Innocence and that improved the build by a ton. With 2x Mokou's Embrace you pretty much always get ignited whenever you hit something with Fireball so you get massive dps boost and extra leech.

i might post some more info about the build later if anyone is interested.
"
pedrofell wrote:

Hmm, that's interesting, i forgot i could use leap slam with pledge of hands, i might change that up to benefit from fortify. I also think i will have to change to an essence wyrm ring(with purity of fire) later on when i 6L my pledge, because i am already suffering a little bit with elemental reflects rares. The closest i got to dying was to a reflect rare that i shotgunned. Also, i am not grabbing much extra life regen on the tree because with the chieftain ascendancy i got plenty, with 6 endurance charges my life regen is close to 10%.

I just got my Essence Worm last night and am leveling a a Purity of Fire that is only giving +3 max fire resist but it's already making a noticeable difference against surprise reflect mobs. If I can manage to level and corrupt it to 21 the +2 from Essence Worm bumps its to +5 max fire res.

We should compare tooltip DPS on fireball after we both have 6L Pledge of Hands.
I'm curious which of our builds is tankier and/or higher DPS.
Fresh builds all day.
I got lucky and 6L my Pledge of Hands last night. My gear is pretty much complete and I'm at level 87.

Tooltip DPS for GMP fireball is 24806 with unmaxed gems.

I'm sitting at about 7k HP currently with both Kaom's Heart and Kaom's Roots.
Fresh builds all day.
Niceee, i've been strugling a bit for currency, i dont have money for kaoms yet :( and yesterday i had internet problems and couldnt play. Also, berserker has more dps for sure. Maybe not against high resistance mobs because of the extra 10 penetration from chieftain. I dont know how much of a difference that makes. Are you taking a lot of damage from reflect?

Also, have you done uber labs?
Last edited by pedrofell on Sep 10, 2016, 1:10:04 PM
Would Pledge be better then Searing Touch?
With my current Purity of Fire, I have a total of 80% max fire resist. I have plenty of time to flask or hit my warcry before I kill myself by reflect. With the amount of hp regen I have currently, I can kill reflect mobs slowly by shooting and kiting.

I think Pledge of hands would be better than Searing Touch for Fireball builds. We don't count on burning damage that much compared to Flameblast proliferation builds that use Searing Touch typically..

I haven't tried Uber lab yet with my Kaom's + 6L pledge but I feel pretty confident that I can clear it now. I did do 1 attempt before I get my Kaom's and Pledge and died to Izaro on the 2nd encounter. I now have 1500 more life and around 10k more DPS compared to that attempt so it should be really easy.
Fresh builds all day.
I chose to pay for an uber clear, because i don't want to risk it in hardcore, but i think it's viable. It would take a while but viable. I got my Kaoms and am now sitting at 7,6k life on lvl 89. On 91 or 92 i am going to break 8k. I started getting a lot of currency now, my items are much better, just need some luck to 6Link a pledge. Already 5Linked 2 of them trying.
Last edited by pedrofell on Sep 12, 2016, 7:23:23 AM
Have you tried arctic armour instead of purity of fire? It's a little worse than purity, but you get some considerable extra physical mitigation. On a 1000 fire damage hit you would take 190 with 81%, 200 with 80% and 208.8 with arctic armour lvl 21-23. But you would also get 13 or 14% less physical damage depending on the lvl of the gem.
I already opted not to get an essence wyrm and boost my chaos resistance as much as i can. I might change that up later, we will see.
Last edited by pedrofell on Sep 12, 2016, 8:09:05 AM
"
pedrofell wrote:
Have you tried arctic armour instead of purity of fire? It's a little worse than purity, but you get some considerable extra physical mitigation. On a 1000 fire damage hit you would take 190 with 81%, 200 with 80% and 208.8 with arctic armour lvl 21-23. But you would also get 13 or 14% less physical damage depending on the lvl of the gem.
I already opted not to get an essence wyrm and boost my chaos resistance as much as i can. I might change that up later, we will see.

Yes, I was actually using arctic armour to level and was considering using it end game. The reason why I switched to Purity of Fire is because Essence Worm only boosts levels of Aura gems. Arctic Armour is not an aura gem and would not get free +2 levels. Running an Arctic Armour in an unset ring that isn't Essence Worm means you need to reserve 12.5% of your life. Having 12.5% less life greatly reduces the value add of having additional physical mitigation.

I also have a Rise of the Phoenix in my weapon swap to give me an additional +8 max fire resist. This brings me to a total of 89% fire resist which makes Atziri stupidly easy with a ruby flask, basically immune to flame blast.

So far I've been able to clear up to T13 rare maps pretty easily. I haven't tried higher than T13 yet.
Uber lab is pretty easy and I can carry 1 person with me. I carried 4 people at the same time through Merc lab yesterday also. I've been swapping an LMP for my GMP for Izaro fights just to speed things up.
Fresh builds all day.
"
DarthPwn wrote:
"
pedrofell wrote:

Yes, I was actually using arctic armour to level and was considering using it end game. The reason why I switched to Purity of Fire is because Essence Worm only boosts levels of Aura gems. Arctic Armour is not an aura gem and would not get free +2 levels. Running an Arctic Armour in an unset ring that isn't Essence Worm means you need to reserve 12.5% of your life. Having 12.5% less life greatly reduces the value add of having additional physical mitigation.

I also have a Rise of the Phoenix in my weapon swap to give me an additional +8 max fire resist. This brings me to a total of 89% fire resist which makes Atziri stupidly easy with a ruby flask, basically immune to flame blast.

So far I've been able to clear up to T13 rare maps pretty easily. I haven't tried higher than T13 yet.
Uber lab is pretty easy and I can carry 1 person with me. I carried 4 people at the same time through Merc lab yesterday also. I've been swapping an LMP for my GMP for Izaro fights just to speed things up.

Very nice, can you link me all of your gear? I think i need a 6L to do and carry people on uber labs. And i though essence worm counted for arctic armour. My bad. And i was able to clear up to T12, T13 haven't dropped for me yet, cause i am unlucky as hell this league.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info