GhazzyTV - Essence Drain & Contagion (or Bane/Soulrend) Trickster [SC/HC/Uber Elder/Shaper]

I've got a question regarding MoM : why do we have to scale the mana to a certain percentage of the HP/eHP? My understanding is that if someone hits me for 6k damage, 2k will be drained from my mana pool and 4k from my ES/HP, so it doesn't really matter what my max ES/HP is, I'll still take 4k+whatever hasn't been absorbed by my mana pool as I sure don't have 2k.

Moreover, I'm guessing it doesn't count reserved mana? Seeing as I have 240 mana (and calculator says I should have 500ish for me to properly use MoM), I feel like 500 mana is such a little buffer, on top of probably giving me trouble using spells seeing as I'd probably be often drained to zero.

I know I'm wrong but I'd really like to understand the reasoning.

An additional question is : does % increased damage and % increased chaos damage apply to non-ailment chaos DOT?

Last edited by bipsylalapo on Jul 7, 2019, 2:36:08 AM
"

The thing people don't realize is that ED/contagion has a set range that it can advance away from you. T2 shouldn't be difficult to pop, and it isn't.

There is adequate density and mobs are close enough together and they SHOULD pop but i realized it was because I was just too far away. Move closer to the side that you think is longer from the center and then work around the edge really fast and finish off the remaining ones.

Maybe 1/20 are poppable instantly from the center based on the layout, but it does get easier once they get released because they gravitate closer to you making a 1 shot easier.

"
david0925 wrote:

You need to chase after your ED/Contagion since it will "fizzle" if they are too far from your character. It's pretty hard to instant pop regardless since Monolith is in the center of the spawns; if you can start from an edge you would be able to chase after it and pop the entire map

Thanks for the heads up, that definitely explains what I'm seeing. I've started to circle around the legion after the initial cast to catch stragglers and I'm consistently getting a full activation with around 5 seconds on the timer.

"
Psyonix wrote:

Nice man, good work!

It's nuts, because in the past I had to do things things like get perma elder influence on my shaped vault during Abyss, And in Breach/Legacy I Shaped only Strand, Coves, Atoll, and Reef with only Pit of The Chimera unlocked - leaving everything that wasn't T-10 or below incomplete and farmed shaped coves/reef to even come close to the results I've had this league. In many cases they were more profitable on paper, but given how fast it is to spam Glacier and how easy it is to sustain I'd argue that it is more profitable. It's kinda funny, I built a character capable of of taking on virtually anything the game offers with relative ease, and here I am farming T2 maps for hours on end haha. The only other time it was this easy to make currency farming for me was guardian/shaper farming on XBOX 360 when the game launched there (Harbinger) map sustain was piss easy with Harb mechanics, and I was one of the first to take down Shaper on console, so it became a money maker for me. But yeah, pretty sure Glacier is gonna be my main money making strat while I work on doing other things to break up the monotony. I guess the only downside is 4million XP per hour ain't shit at level 95 haha. But I can also drop some exalts on pure breachstone runs in the event I want to hit 96. Man, that's a lot of words - GG ADHD. Suffice to say, this is the happiest I've been with POE since Breach. Straight-up.

Yeah, it's insane that I'm averaging close to one exalted orb drop per hour and that's not including all the lesser currency I'm passively accumulating or the very occasional 1-2ex item drop. I've made several times more currency in 2 days of glacier farming than an entire month of doing red maps/shaper/Uber Elder.
Hey guys, I think my build is nearly finished. Uber Elder is melting and I've done every content. Does anyone have any idea how I can still improve my build?
Here my Pastebin: https://pastebin.com/Jh4a86eA
Thanks for every advice.
Hi!
I have reached the level where I can think about the gear.
Been watching poe.ninja and this thread for example,the most thing that concerns me is the body armour and helmet.

Carcass Jack/Shavronne/Perfect Form, is there BIS item or is it just what you wanna use?

Ppl using many different helmet also. Best seems to be very high rare Es helmet. Can't really afford it,so what could be second best helmet?
If this is already in guide,sry for asking,but theres quite many pages and could't find explanation. :/

Thanks!
"
Cnfus wrote:
Hi!
Been watching poe.ninja and this thread for example,the most thing that concerns me is the body armour and helmet.

Carcass Jack/Shavronne/Perfect Form, is there BIS item or is it just what you wanna use?

Ppl using many different helmet also. Best seems to be very high rare Es helmet. Can't really afford it,so what could be second best helmet?
If this is already in guide,sry for asking,but theres quite many pages and could't find explanation. :/

Thanks!

perfect form

try using the vertex, high es 280+ almost as good as a well rolled hubris, but lacks ele res and - chaos res to nearby enemies, can put aura setup here with enlighten for level 4/5 enlighten
"
Hey guys, I think my build is nearly finished. Uber Elder is melting and I've done every content. Does anyone have any idea how I can still improve my build?
Thanks for every advice.

If you want to min/max your gear maybe upgrade your jewels and maybe look for gloves with NACDoTM. Also maybe rare -9% to chaos resistance helm for more damage.
Last edited by Sidad on Jul 7, 2019, 8:33:01 AM
"
Sidad wrote:
"
Thanks for every advice.

If you want to min/max your gear maybe upgrade your jewels and maybe look for gloves with NACDoTM.

Stupid question, what is NACDoTM ?
"
Cnfus wrote:
Hi!

Thanks!

When it comes to chest piece it all depends what do you want to do. If you already have 6link ED bow than it's easy since you dont need 6link chest.

Carcass Jack is used for it's AOE boost and since Glacier Legion farming is very popular so is Carcass Jack.
Shavronne is popular for it's low life Aura reservation and thus highest damage.
Perfect Form for it's utility and all around good stat boost. You get free Arctic Armor skill, free Phase Acrobatics (very) high evasion if you invest into cold resistance and best synergy with 'Escape Artist' Ascendancy node. Also you can save a lot of skill points since you dont have to use skill points to get Acrobatics node cluster.

When it comes to helmet if I'am not mistaken The Devouring Diadem should be most popular for it's utility.
Second most popular is rare -9% to chaos resistance crafted helm that can be crafted for cheap using Aberrant Fossil on normal 1-socket Hubris Circlet.
There is also some other unique high ES helmets being used like The Vertex.
"
"
Sidad wrote:
"
Thanks for every advice.

If you want to min/max your gear maybe upgrade your jewels and maybe look for gloves with NACDoTM.

Stupid question, what is NACDoTM ?

ugh Non-Alignment Chaos Damage over Time Multiplier.
Stupid question, what is NACDoTM ?[/quote]

ugh Non-Alignment Chaos Damage over Time Multiplier. [/quote]

haha :D Sorry, idiot question. Thanks for the advice. Ill take a look.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info