GhazzyTV - Essence Drain & Contagion (or Bane/Soulrend) Trickster [SC/HC/Uber Elder/Shaper]

"
Hodgeman29 wrote:
Hey, I can't find anything that explains how you get 40 int in the Spreading Rot radius. It's supposed to go in the slot near the start of the tree but none of the filled out trees have int nodes taken. Am I missing something?

Yes - see how the flavour text says "at least 40 intelligence in radius" - this means 40 int in the radius of the jewel, irrespective of whether you've allocated the nodes or not.

Jewels that require specific nodes to be allocated tend to specify as such. In this case, we just need 40 int within the radius of the jewel, but we don't actually need to spec into the nodes.
Would anyone be kind enough to advise me on upgrade priorities? I have 700c at the moment. Not enough for a 6L multi bow or a 6L perfect form, but I wondered if there are any obvious upgrades I could grab while I try to farm currency. My dot is easily good enough to speed farm white maps for alc & go, but obviously not high enough to get quickly through red maps.

I know some items are sub-par (e.g. lightning damage leech on amulet), but just looking for some cheaper upgrades to increase the dot for now if possible. Thank you!

"
Parhelius wrote:
Would anyone be kind enough to advise me on upgrade priorities? I have 700c at the moment. Not enough for a 6L multi bow or a 6L perfect form, but I wondered if there are any obvious upgrades I could grab while I try to farm currency. My dot is easily good enough to speed farm white maps for alc & go, but obviously not high enough to get quickly through red maps.

I know some items are sub-par (e.g. lightning damage leech on amulet), but just looking for some cheaper upgrades to increase the dot for now if possible. Thank you!

Go back one page and read Sidad's post. You're at the point where upgrades comes at a price. Your single biggest upgrade would be a crafted bow, the bow will let you use a quiver, which will take the pressure off capping resistance from your other gear slots so you can slot things like Mark of the Shaper or a chaos multiplier glove. Figure on saving 5ex for the bow (you'll need 4 pure ex for the crafting cost)
"
IchiMorghulis wrote:
"
Parhelius wrote:

Go back one page and read Sidad's post. You're at the point where upgrades comes at a price. Your single biggest upgrade would be a crafted bow, the bow will let you use a quiver, which will take the pressure off capping resistance from your other gear slots so you can slot things like Mark of the Shaper or a chaos multiplier glove. Figure on saving 5ex for the bow (you'll need 4 pure ex for the crafting cost)

Yeah, I saw it after I posted. I'm sitting on 5ex and about 200c at the moment; I saw decent multimod crafted bows (well I think they're decent anyway - +2 to socketed support, inc chaos damage, inc non-ailment chaos multi, +1 to socketed gems, arcane surge and cast speed) for ~6.5ex, off colours though. Is it better to craft than to buy a crafted bow?
Last edited by Parhelius on Jul 6, 2019, 1:39:33 PM
You can get a good multi-modded bow for less than 6.5ex I got mine for 4ex, I just had to keep looking.
"
smit9352 wrote:
You can get a good multi-modded bow for less than 6.5ex I got mine for 4ex, I just had to keep looking.

Since making the bow costs ~6-7 Ex, it is unlikely to get one cheaper, unless you snipe it from someone who does not know what it's worth. Even if someone were to get rid of it ASAP to reuse currency, they would list it for something like 5.5-5.9 Ex.
Also, I would like to point out that your bow is not good while having all right mods because the base of that bow requires 212 dex, and you have to have dex affixes on gear because of that.
"
chaoval wrote:
"
smit9352 wrote:

Since making the bow costs ~6-7 Ex, it is unlikely to get one cheaper, unless you snipe it from someone who does not know what it's worth. Even if someone were to get rid of it ASAP to reuse currency, they would list it for something like 5.5-5.9 Ex.
Also, I would like to point out that your bow is not good while having all right mods because the base of that bow requires 212 dex, and you have to have dex affixes on gear because of that.

Is it recommended to go with a short bow then? The bonus MS for a Maraketh bow is quite appealing, I have 321 dex; 293 without items.

Price of WE like that or similar start at about 9-10 ex

My question is - is it worth it? is it such a big damage boost?
"
Parhelius wrote:
"
chaoval wrote:
"
smit9352 wrote:

Is it recommended to go with a short bow then? The bonus MS for a Maraketh bow is quite appealing, I have 321 dex; 293 without items.

Any base is fine if you can cover the stat requirements without wasing an affix, so if you intend to play this build only with the tree designed for the perfect form and have 222+ dex, then you can go with whatever base you want.
Short bow is generally better in case you have a tree that does not spend that many points on dex (e.g. MoM-EB trickster with a rare hybrid chest or occultist chaos dot builds). It is also a base pople craft on during the first days of the league, because you can obtain a 6-link short bow from The Porcupine cards.
You should also keep in mind that higher stat requirement means you will need to spend more chromatics on coloring the bow. According to https://siveran.github.io/calc.html, getting 1r2g3b on a base that requires 222 dex should cost you 554.9 chromes on average (spamming 1b), while getting these colours on a 26 dex base will cost 68.6 (just spamming chromes).
Last edited by chaoval on Jul 6, 2019, 5:01:50 PM
"
Lisonn wrote:

Price of WE like that or similar start at about 9-10 ex

My question is - is it worth it? is it such a big damage boost?

It is not that big(especially once you upgrade your other gear), you can create a custom jewel to check dps in PoB. The biggest damage boost is a multimodded bow with empower 4 in it. You can also get up to +16% NACDoT multiplier on gloves and up to +16% on an amulet.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info