GhazzyTV - Essence Drain & Contagion (or Bane/Soulrend) Trickster [SC/HC/Uber Elder/Shaper]

"
Amoreternum wrote:
Sorry for the maybe stupid question, but why would one use a bow for this kind of character? Not too experienced with this game but would two wands or daggers or one with a shield not make more sense to use?

Because chaos based build don't stack crit-multi/crit-chance like other non-chaos build. We can only stack "increased damage" stat on our gear. "Increased damage" stat is additive.

Each time you level up your essence drain you will gain an equivalent of 10% "more damage", the stat is multiplicative. I did a test in pob, my dps gain from 10% "more damage" is equivalent to 50% "increased damage".

Those +1 multimod bow will give you +4 extra level, that's equivalent to 200% "increased damage". Good luck stacking that on your other gear.

For example, look at the imaginary jewel i crafted below. You need 6 of them to achieve the same dps gain as +4 levels of essence drain gem.

"
Armageddon Scar
Cobalt Jewel
=======================
11% increased Damage over Time
11% increased Chaos Damage
11% increased Damage
7% increased maximum Life
Last edited by Fluffymonkey7 on Jun 24, 2019, 12:47:02 PM
"

How i can upgreid my gear?

looking at the current quality of your gear Im just gonna assume you have unlimited currency. Just fossil craft a GG stygian vise with 30% chaos damage, T1 life and resists. Then get a 40% ED enchanted Hubris and roll that till you have high ES/Life and the - chaos resist mod.
IGN: DabrixRN
Last edited by Thomasmgp on Jun 24, 2019, 12:34:27 PM
"
Thomasmgp wrote:
"

How i can upgreid my gear?

looking at the current quality of your gear Im just gonna assume you have unlimited currency. Just fossil craft a GG stygian vise with 30% chaos damage, T1 life and resists. Then get a 40% ED enchanted Hubris and roll that till you have high ES/Life and the - chaos resist mod.

I'm working on enchanting hats. And what enchantments would you recommend for legs and arms?
"
Fluffymonkey7 wrote:
"
Amoreternum wrote:
Sorry for the maybe stupid question, but why would one use a bow for this kind of character? Not too experienced with this game but would two wands or daggers or one with a shield not make more sense to use?

Because chaos based build don't stack crit-multi/crit-chance like other non-chaos build. We can only stack "increased damage" stat on our gear. "Increased damage" stat is additive.

Each time you level up your essence drain you will gain an equivalent of 10% "more damage", the stat is multiplicative. I did a test in pob, my dps gain from 10% "more damage" is equivalent to 50% "increased damage".

Those +1 multimod bow will give you +4 extra level, that's equivalent to 200% "increased damage". Good luck stacking that on your other gear.

For example, look at the imaginary jewel i crafted below. You need 6 of them to achieve the same dps gain as +4 levels of essence drain gem.

"
Armageddon Scar
Cobalt Jewel
=======================
11% increased Damage

Interesting! I first thought that I don't get what you were talking about (my fault, please don't get me wrong), but it does make sense - am I getting this right, that Chaos damage is unaffected by anything that crits or would crit?

And why +4? I do see the +1 of socketed gems and the +2 from support, but where does the remaining +1 come from?

And basically - using a bow allows to use two six links in our gear opposed to two three links in the weaopon slots?

Anyways - thanks for the reply, I really appreciate it!
I have 6L staff and would like to craft something useful for ED/Contagion. I've never crafted anything before, what stats should I go for when crafting a decent staff? Is it the same non-chaos ailment damage over time, spell damage, chaos damage, damage over time? Or is there something different? Staff is just usual base, no elder or shaper based.
Spoiler
"
Amoreternum wrote:
"
Fluffymonkey7 wrote:
"
Amoreternum wrote:

"
Armageddon Scar
Cobalt Jewel
=======================
11% increased Damage

Interesting! I first thought that I don't get what you were talking about (my fault, please don't get me wrong), but it does make sense - am I getting this right, that Chaos damage is unaffected by anything that crits or would crit?

And why +4? I do see the +1 of socketed gems and the +2 from support, but where does the remaining +1 come from?

And basically - using a bow allows to use two six links in our gear opposed to two three links in the weaopon slots?

Anyways - thanks for the reply, I really appreciate it!

+1 to ED gem.
+3 to Empower gem.

1 six link from the bow should be enough for the build. We don't need 2nd six link.
"
am i the only one not using a bow cause it looks retarded as fuck?

Uber Elder down with 1 death without using stupid bow, died to slam at start

:D

Oh - I see, yes. That does make sense, seems my brain can't handle simple mathematics anymore with these temperatures right now. Thanks alot!
"
pampersas wrote:
I have 6L staff and would like to craft something useful for ED/Contagion. I've never crafted anything before, what stats should I go for when crafting a decent staff? Is it the same non-chaos ailment damage over time, spell damage, chaos damage, damage over time? Or is there something different? Staff is just usual base, no elder or shaper based.

https://poedb.tw/us/mod.php?cn=Staff

Find on page for "chaos" and "spell"
Last edited by baru_monkey on Jun 24, 2019, 1:42:44 PM
I'm having a lot of issues with single target DPS. Is there another spell i should be using to increase it? Right now I only throw Despair+ ED+ Contagion onto the boss and hard cast Blight when able, but most bosses require you to be constantly moving that I can't really channel Blight that much. I can kill bosses fine, but the amount of time it takes makes them unattractive to do, especially when it risks death when I blank out.

I currently run QotF while mapping but due to their socket colors I am just using it to level gems for alts right now, if I need to gear swap/recolor the gems to significantly improve my single target damage, please let me know

thanks a lot

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info