GhazzyTV - Essence Drain & Contagion (or Bane/Soulrend) Trickster [SC/HC/Uber Elder/Shaper]

Did you guys notice on the ascendancy manifesto that GGG had funny names for some of the paths? If you look at the image names it give you:

Trickster = TheOldWakkaChangChang
Ascendant = ItsNicoleKidman
Juggernaut = Jauternug
Gladiator = RusselCrowe
Necromancer = CrunchyFood
Slayer = WagonOfPancakes
Deadeye = NormalShapes
Elementalist = LondonNewYork
Berserker = HamburgerRecipe
Chieftan = BatmanAndRobin

Seems like the ones that didn't get fun names should feel left out.

Also I move that Ghazzy renames the build "The Old Wakka Chang Chang".
Last edited by kevinbrightblade on Mar 4, 2018, 8:53:30 AM
Does it feel to anyone else like capturing rare beasts is just either impossible or requires a 5 minute prolonged fight? The amount of life regen they have is insane, and the rare + adds it spawns all seem to have high chaos res. Or just a lot of life. I like playing this kind of build, but I'm not sure it's a good pick if you want to participate in Beastiary. Thoughts?

I'm only in A5 for reference. Maybe it gets better...
"
Mookitty wrote:
Does it feel to anyone else like capturing rare beasts is just either impossible or requires a 5 minute prolonged fight? The amount of life regen they have is insane, and the rare + adds it spawns all seem to have high chaos res. Or just a lot of life. I like playing this kind of build, but I'm not sure it's a good pick if you want to participate in Beastiary. Thoughts?

I'm only in A5 for reference. Maybe it gets better...

I'm a bit further, and once I got the tabula and my damage spiked those fights got way easier. I think long term this build will be really good since it'll take care of those adds without you doing anything. Run up, hit the add-ons and watch ED spread to the boss, toss a net and back up, repeat until it's dead.
Many points missing in the final skilltree. Any way to fix it or do you have a path of building pastebin link ?

Loving your build so far otherwise. Going pretty well :)

Thank you !
this build can run low life?
"
koopadoop wrote:
"
Ghazzy wrote:

"
Kabirsky wrote:
Build on site still 3.1.1 version o:

Not sure why it does this, but I've doublechecked it several times. It's all as it should be.

Oh weird, when I view the "Finished skill-tree" it is missing a lot of allotted point (but the other's seem to be fine).

Think I finally fixed it: http://poeurl.com/bOjw!

"
Did you guys notice on the ascendancy manifesto that GGG had funny names for some of the paths? If you look at the image names it give you:

Trickster = TheOldWakkaChangChang
Ascendant = ItsNicoleKidman
Juggernaut = Jauternug
Gladiator = RusselCrowe
Necromancer = CrunchyFood
Slayer = WagonOfPancakes
Deadeye = NormalShapes
Elementalist = LondonNewYork
Berserker = HamburgerRecipe
Chieftan = BatmanAndRobin

Seems like the ones that didn't get fun names should feel left out.

Also I move that Ghazzy renames the build "The Old Wakka Chang Chang".

Haha, for the sake of not confusing new players It won't happen but it would have been funny xD

"
this build can run low life?

Absolutely :)
Guides: https://www.poe-vault.com/guides/ghazzy-guide-hub
YT: https://www.youtube.com/GhazzyTV
Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/ghazzytv
I'm having issues with surviving, that are likely the result of still being fairly new to the game and generally bad at dodging mechanics. It has raised a few questions though: 1) Shield Charge, are we supposed to use that to charge into the front line of a pack of enemies to proc Fortify and then start the Contagion/ED chain? Or do we just start the Contagion/ED chain as soon as we see some enemies at the edge of the screen? The ED projectile travels so damn slowly that I've mostly been rushing into the enemies. Maybe that's my problem :P and 2) If you've got a bunch of mobs in your face, how do you stop from just getting stun locked? Frequently some bitch will jump at me, stun me as I was activating Contagion, before even getting an ED off, and now other enemies have jumped on me or rushed me and I can't get that shit out of my face. Suggestions?

Besides all this, I'm loving the build. My first ED character and it's very satisfying to watch ED go from one enemy to the next and to see the whole pack die in a single wave. And then to hear enemies off-screen dying too. Good times!
"Learn well the lessons that Wraeclast will teach you, Witch. It is your only hope of finding your way home."
Hi!

New to the game ruffly 120h played!

I want to know whats the difference between Trickster and Occultist for
this build?

Can anyone just do a short rundown please?

Best Regards a Newbie!
Hello! Been running this build up to 70 and it's really great!

1 thing I have been struggling with is which dagger to use? Or which dagger/ilvl to craft with Essence of Delirium?

Thanks for the build and all your great comments/ forums updates!
Thats my problem aswell - how do i not get stun locked/ frozen to death?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info