GhazzyTV - Essence Drain & Contagion (or Bane/Soulrend) Trickster [SC/HC/Uber Elder/Shaper]

"
citizenX wrote:
"
marki890 wrote:
Hi Ghazzy,

thank you for all the respones. I am glad you liked the idea with colour coding the gems. The overview is much better and it is easier for new players.

One more question: Is there anything to do again interruptions? I am often infight and when I try to cast ED the mobs are hitting me and I got interrupted...Mostly this happens if I whirl to fast..

Thank you

Most annoying thing about this build, and it's because ED is SOOOO slow to cast. Few things I have been doing to mitigate this:
1. Cast ED first, then pop contagion second. Contagion is a must faster casting spell.
2. Check out my boots, I got 80% avoid stun if killed recently enchant, plus the boots have 22% as an elder mod.
3. Since I have stun taken care of, now I'm using Soul of Lunaris maxed out for more dodge/avoidance.
4. Use Ghost Dancer & Shade Form ascendancies, more dodge and evasion.
5. Dont whirl right into packs. Move between casts so that you manually avoid projectiles.

Top tier god lvl enchant :D

Nice work :)

"
Clayne wrote:
Hey, first I wanna say thanks for the guide, I really enjoy playing it. I just did the first Lab run at lvl 28 and it was really smooth. But I have some questions about the mechanics in this build.

I am starting to put Skill Points into Frenzy Nodes, but I realized I don't have any way of generating them right now, since I didn't get Swift Killer yet. Should I skip these nodes and pick them up later when I did my 2nd Lab run and got Swift Killer, or do you recommend me picking up a Skill Gem to generate Frenzy Charges? I could use Poachers Mark with Blasphemy, but I don't know how well that would work with the curse dropping immediately since I'm just dashing through packs and dropping Contagion here and there, and it won't help with bossfights (although I didn't have problems yet) because I won't get a lot of kills unless there are adds.

Also, the only reason we're using a dagger in this build is to use Whirling Blades, correct? Becuase a Wand would provide a lot more damage output if I'm not mistaken.

And lastly, does Increased Area of Effect on Contagion increase the "spread-range" of the spell, or only the initial cast area?

Edit: Forgot something, since this is impossible to test for me (I'm very over-leveled right now, everything just dies instantly). When Contagion and Essence Drain spread to a new target, do they get the duration left on the previous target, or do they get get the base duration on the cast' spell?

Hey,

Glad you like it bro!

Once you pick up "Swift Killer" Ascendancy that will generate the charges, if you decided not to start with that you can wait with the charge nodes. Don't use a curse for it.

Shield Charge or Whirling blades is a matter of taste, both requires a melee weapon (shield charge also requires a shield).

Inc AoE helps the spread of contagion, yes :)

Duration is not refreshed I'm afraid. It continues till it's done so to say.

"
ED Trickster Leveling Gear

Hey Ghazzy, this build is my absolute favorite. Having run it 3 times to lvl 90 I'm thinking at this point these items should be added to the front page as good leveling options:

Weapon: Heartbreaker Skean (spell damage, mana, culling strike for spells) Costs less than 1 Chaos. This can take you from level 50 to until you can afford a BotC.

Helm: Geofri's Crest (+1 to gems, all resists, chaos resist) Costs less than 1 Chaos. I run the Wither grouping here since the contagion group is on gloves and 1) the vaal lightning trap is used less often than Wither and 2) Immortal call level doesn't matter. Of course there are better rare helms, and the Geofri's Crest resist rolls are capped at 20, but I've used this from lvl 50 into end-game for multiple leagues.

Amulet: Atziri's Foible (Mana, Mana %, Mana Reg, Reduced Attribute Requirements). 1 Chaos or less. Since the mana nodes behind MoM have been reduced, this moved wayyy up the rankings for amulet choices. For the first 60+ levels, this amulet will ensure you take full advantage of MoM and die less frequently. It also allows you to level all gems without taking additional strength or dexterity nodes. By the time you hit end game and are looking at sacrificing life/mana/resists for bisco/rathpith/atziri slink you'll need to swap this for a rare ammy with resists, but until then this is a solid leveling amulet.

Ring: Le Heup of All (% Increased Damage, All Attributes, Item Rarity, All Resists). ~ 5 Chaos. I've been running one of these for every league with no regrets. The IR, resists and attributes are nice, but the damage boost can make leveling ridiculously easy when you're still working on getting all your gems set up or don't have some of the other damage boosting pieces. Depending on the resists roll you can make a case for this into end-game as well. So the first chaos I spend after a tabula rasa is normally here. It just gives everything you could ask for except life and mana, which I focus on for the other ring slot. A decent roll on Le Heup of All plus a Life/Mana/Resists second ring can take you all the way to level 90.

Note that item prices are as of 1-2 weeks post league start.

Hey,

Awesome man!
Added Heartbreaker in recommended lvling uniques.

The remaining items are great additions as well, though If I start adding everything that works well for the build it would be a HUGE list. I've added the most remarkable pieces one should strive for tbh :)

"
Badtwo wrote:
"
Make your character profile not-private (pathofexile website, account settings => private something something something to uncheck privacy) so that I can check your character and help you from there!

It actually wasn't checked but 1 item in the list was..maybe it works now? One more question..there are a few gems/spells I still have to get re: level req. But I am wondering on this >>> Cast When Damage Taken, Immortal Call, Increased Duration, Vaal Lightning Trap, does it need to be Vaal trap to work? because the way I have it set up right now with plain LT it isn't working..or maybe I am misunderstanding how CWDT works.

Hey,

There we go!
You only have a 3L for your Essence Drain, that makes a huge difference tbh. Try to hunt down a 4L at least.

VLT needs to be cast manually as vaal spells can't trigger from CWDT.

The CWDT should be lvl 3 and Immortal Call lvl 5 if you want to follow my personal preference, though it comes down to a matter of taste in the end. Everything else should be maxed out.

"
Millennium wrote:

About to hit level 89 atm, got about 4,5k hp, 1k es and 2.4k mana (1.5k unreserved for mom). Got 46k ed dps in hideout, do you think the char can handle red maps as it is? Are guardians/shaper/elder within reach?

Also what items do you think need immediate improvement?

Hey,

Belt is on low HP, I'm personally not a big fan of Mindspiral myself.

The DMG should be enough for it yes.

"
Tuzai wrote:
Is there anywhere I can improve my gear damage wise?

https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/Tuzai/characters

I know I need a better helm and boots but that's mainly hp/mana and resists, and no damage output.

Hey,

Everything looks really solid tbh, if you wish to improve DPS you got a few options:
1) Get +1 chest (skin of the loyal or +1 Tabula rasa)
2) Spec in to either jewels or the chaos dmg nodes above the witch starter area
3) Entirely swap to a +3 chaos staff for boss killing

Honestly your gear looks really solid.

"
Kedar wrote:
Guys maby i m little retared, because i cant understand why:
1. Cloak of Defiance is better than Cherrubin's Malefience
2. Grand Spectrum jewels better than rare % max life / damage overtime / other stats

The best weapon for this build is breath of the Council or dagger % spell damage > 100 ?

No worries, this build brings in a few rather complex things from the PoE world.

1) CoD is better defensively, Cherrubim is solid for dmg output. However, a Skin of the Loyal or even a corrupted +1 gem lvl Tabula Rasa gives the most dmg but least defence.
2) Grand spectrum gives 30 flat mana per grand spec jewel which is 30 * 3 = 90 flat mana per jewel which is then amplified by the increased mana modifiers you have making them grant a shit load of mana (I recommend you check the MoM calculator in the guide as it will show you how much mana you need to sustain the MoM effect).

BotC doesn't just give dmg it also increases chaos duration to make maintaining the "rotation" vs bosses easier.

"
I dunno if it's been asked, but if I wanted to switch to a staff version of this build, and use the ED set up from the chest on this wep how would it do?

https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Cane_of_Unravelling

This new unique is what I was considering

What are people's thoughts?

If you switch to a staff version it is mainly because you can easier get +2 or +3 chaos gem lvls which makes you want to use the staff for the ED sockets.

"
Bhannndoefvh wrote:
Can you take a look at my char? Not sure how to progress besides getting a six link, handeling up to tier 10 maps pretty good.
Also is it worth getting a third jewel slot for a second spreading rot, would take 3 skill points while i could also pick up 64% damage over time/chaos in total while a second spreading rot would be a 50% dps increase?

https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/Bhannndoefvh/characters its miguelllll

Hey,

Sure!

I think Spreading Rot is worth to use 2. Makes bosses safer & smoother.
The choice is yours the damage is significant as well.

If you want more damage I recommend a Skin of the Loyal or a +1 corrupted Tabula Rasa instead.

I really don't like Mindspiral and would rather use a rare helmet but that's my personal preference.

Rings are rather low on life and can have chaos dmg. Amulet can have spell or chaos dmg as well as having low life.

Besides those points everything looks pretty solid.

"
Stickerr7 wrote:
"
Harmless88 wrote:
Hello, First of all thanks so much for posting the build. Have really been enjoying it so far. I do however feel that I might be doing something wrong? I just began runnning maps and i feel that i die a lot on low tier maps, a lot of the time I get one or two shot. Any advice would be appreciated, thanks!

https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/Harmless88/characters

If you have some chaos, start getting the gloves, boots, shield in the guide. They are all really cheap. Your CWDT and Immortal call are little high. I would try and keep those at lvl 3 or 4.

I'm close in level to you, if you wanna take a look at my character.

https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/Stickerr7/characters

Solid points by Sticker here.

Make sure you have your resistances capped and then get Life, once you feel good on the life you want to make sure to add your DMG. I STRONGLY recommend a +1 Tabula Rasa for late game tbh.

"
przemo94x wrote:
This is my build
https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/przemo94x/characters

I'm doing t9 maps
What can I change in this builda?

Hey,

+1 Corrupted Tabula Rasa is a topic that keeps coming back. It is my personal preference, the other chest options are solid choices as they all grant some sort of defensive approach as well but for DMG Tabula is insane.

The helmet is really bad tbh.

Spell DMG amulets are not hard to come by as long as you can maintain the resistances.

Life/mana is low on the topaz ring.

Getting a BotC will help you do a lot more DPS as well.

"
citizenX wrote:
"
Harmless88 wrote:
Hello, First of all thanks so much for posting the build. Have really been enjoying it so far. I do however feel that I might be doing something wrong? I just began runnning maps and i feel that i die a lot on low tier maps, a lot of the time I get one or two shot. Any advice would be appreciated, thanks!

https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/Harmless88/characters

Karui Ward does nothing for this build, get an amulet with +life, +mana, resists.
Are your resists maxed? Make sure they are maxed.
Need more life on many of your items. Helm, gloves, rings all could get 60+ life on each cheap, get with +mana and resists too.
You can get a better 5L chest, I quickly found one with 81 life, 35 mana and 25 fire res for 1c. If possible try to get something with 60+ life and 50+ total resists if possible.
Get jewels for your jewel slots on tree. Look for +Life, +mana, +damage if killed recently.
Your flasks need a ton of work. Take 2 white Divine Life Flasks, use 4 glassblower's baubles on each to get them to 20%, then a Transmute to make it magic. Then spam alternations until you get the following:
- Prefix: Seething (this makes it an INSTANT recovery of 979 life)
- Suffix: Staunching on one (bleed removal), Heat on another (freeze removal)
Get Witchfire Brew flask, that will help your dps.
You will need Allelopathy gloves, get those. You may need to replace your Atziri's step boots in order to keep your resists maxed.

Look now for upgrades in the 1-5c range. As you build your currency wealth, then start looking for 10-20c upgrades. You want resists maxed, ideally over max to deal with Elemental Weakness maps. It also gives you more flexibility in upgrades down the line.

Aaand another list of solid options! :)

"
citizenX wrote:
"
przemo94x wrote:
This is my build
https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/przemo94x/characters

I'm doing t9 maps
What can I change in this builda?

Wither should have faster casting instead of efficacy, you want to hit max stacks ASAP.
Replace Pierce with Efficacy in your chest, projectile damage does nothing for your ED dot.
Not sure whats going on in your gloves, I guess you are trying to do both contagion and blight in one item? Blight is a big Boss DPS skill, you want Controlled Destruction - Efficacy - Swift Affliction - Void manipulation. You can look at my setup for guidance.
Replace your belt jewel with a +life, +damage if killed recently one.
Your life and mana flasks need to be Seething, and one needs "of Heat" to remove freeze.
Get a Witchfire Brew flask ASAP, it is HUGE dps. Witchfire + proper Blight setup just MELTS those annoying abyss rares.
Don't use purity of Elements, get more resists on gear if needed.
Do you need those 30 Str and 30 Dex nodes in your tree? Get another Jewel node instead, and a second Spreading Rot jewel.
Level up additional copies of key gems in your alt weapons. Especially ED, cause when you get to 20/20 you will want to corrupt them to try to get a 21/20 one. Also start now an Empower gem.
Do you have 2 unassigned ascendancy points? get patient reaper ASAP.

Also a list of good options, thank you :)

"
Haradarah wrote:
I'm struggling to get much meaningful dps on bosses in this build, is this normal for ED and i won't expect to kill a strong Elder or is there a fault in my character?

It's managable but if you wish to focus on end-game boss killing I strongly recommend the staff approach instead as this build is mainly clear speed oriented.

"
Garyas wrote:
"
Saldagmac wrote:
Started mapping last night, loving the build. What level do you think the merciless lab can be completed with a good chance of success? I've got a basic tabula, and just traded for a rathpith globe and allelopathy gloves.

Just did Merciless Lab myself today prior to fighting A10 Kitava. Started at lvl 69, dinged 70 mid-lab. Was super easy and smooth. This build is a really strong lab runner.

<3

"
juicyxxfart wrote:
Sorry, i havent read through all 170+ pages but Heartbreaker Royal Skean is a good temporary wep until you can afford Royal Counsel

Been added to the recommended lvling uniques.

"
Lexodus wrote:
I was thinking about Doedre's Damning instead of getting a second curse from the tree, the 6 points spent to get dual course do absolutely nothing for the build (except getting dual curse of course), but I'm not really sure if that's worth it... What do you guys think?
With 6 points i could get 2 additional jewel sockets (and 20 dex and strength).

Another question, is flat chaos dmg on abyss jewels good?

it should scale the DoT so yes.
Doedre's Damning is a solid option to skip the curse nodes and get more dmg and/or jewels.

"
Sothpaw wrote:
Just wanted to thank you for posting this build. My only prior experience with this game is playing a groundslam marauder to level 80 back in 2013. Following this build made for a very easy and enjoyable leveling experience. Currently level 84 in Abyss league. Was able to run merc lab and Kitava at level 75 with no deaths or trouble. The highest maps I have had access to so far were a few tier 7's, but I melted them with no deaths. Only item I have purchased is a Rathpith for 7c. Everything else is 100% self found.

Very happy to hear! Cheers! :D

"
Zekanyd wrote:
Hello guys!
What do you think a Hungry loop would be useful for this build? If yes, with which gems eaten?

Contagion can work for that, even a normally lvld Blight would work.

"
SerNomeD wrote:
Hi, great build so far. A couple questions
What enchantment is better for helmet Blight damage for bosses or essence drain damage? Or any other related?
For second curse im triyng Temporal Chains, is better Enfeeble?

And what do you thin about the elder mod in body armour +1 socketed support gems, yeah you lose +1 in essence drain but you can have more defensive stats put in the armour, i buy one for 10 chaos and now im triyin to 6 link.

I buy a boots with enchant 80% chante to avoid stun if you have kill recently and i think this could help to the people who has trouble with the stun,and no too much expensive (15 c whit 30 movemente speed, 87 life, and about 70% elemental resistances)

Again thanks for the guide really enjoyable!

P.D:Sorry for my english, is a bit shitty xD

Hey,

Never apologize for bad english or asking questions. If I don't understand I'll ask you to elaborate :)

I'd go for Essence Drain dmg enchant.

Temporal Chains vs Enfeeble = matter of taste.

The Elder/Shaper body armour is REALLY good with +1 gem lvl.

Boot enchant is the best you can get tbh.

My pleasure bro, glad you like it! :D
Guides: https://www.poe-vault.com/guides/ghazzy-guide-hub
YT: https://www.youtube.com/GhazzyTV
Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/ghazzytv
Really fun & zoomy build and great seeing you being so helpful in this thread Ghazzy :)

I'm contemplating getting Allelopathy later today but I was wondering how to incorporate the Blight supports into the gloves/build a few people have thrown around in here as we're not exactly drowning in free sockets.
What socket group would make the most sense to ditch in order to get voidman - swift affl etc. into the gloves?

Also, is the benefit of dedicating Allelopathy's sockets to support Blight vs using them as is too good to pass up?

edit: not good with words today.
Last edited by dthou9ht on Dec 19, 2017, 10:58:45 AM
Is there a point at which I shouldn't upgrade Cast when Damage Taken Support and Arcane Surge Support anmymore? The first build I tried out was Enki's Arc Witch, and in his guide he said not to upgrade some gems (the two here in particular) past some point to still make them trigger more often. Arcane Surge Support isn't a problem here since you're pretty much spamming Contagion, but what about the other one?
Thanks a lot for this guide, i droped an exalted today, should i buy a +1lvl of socket gem tabula, or look for other upgrade first ? Don't really know if the tabula upgrade is worth 60c :/
Hey guys,

I got a question. If I run the setup:
Controlled Destruction - Efficacy - Swift Affliction - Void manipulation
In my Alleopathy gloves where do I socket my 4 link contagion into?

Thank you
"
citizenX wrote:
To Millenium:

Seems pretty solid, has all the bases covered. Interesting how you went hard into Templar area (personally, I find the Skill Effect Duration nodes too juicy to pass up).
Get your Witchfire to 20%, that will be nice. And keep looking for upgrades on all your jewelry and jewels for incremental improvements. Next is really all about grinding for 20/20 gems and 6L chest.
Ohh, and getting uber Helm enchant.

What's your Blight tooptip dot damage? (not the DPS rating)

Blight tooltip in hideout says 8783.2 chaos damage per second, if that's what you were asking.
"
citizenX wrote:
To Millenium:

Seems pretty solid, has all the bases covered. Interesting how you went hard into Templar area (personally, I find the Skill Effect Duration nodes too juicy to pass up).
Get your Witchfire to 20%, that will be nice. And keep looking for upgrades on all your jewelry and jewels for incremental improvements. Next is really all about grinding for 20/20 gems and 6L chest.
Ohh, and getting uber Helm enchant.

What's your Blight tooptip dot damage? (not the DPS rating)

Blight tooltip in hideout says 8998.5 chaos damage per second, if that's what you were asking.
Last edited by Millennium on Dec 19, 2017, 12:11:53 PM
"
dthou9ht wrote:
Really fun & zoomy build and great seeing you being so helpful in this thread Ghazzy :)

I'm contemplating getting Allelopathy later today but I was wondering how to incorporate the Blight supports into the gloves/build a few people have thrown around in here as we're not exactly drowning in free sockets.
What socket group would make the most sense to ditch in order to get voidman - swift affl etc. into the gloves?

Also, is the benefit of dedicating Allelopathy's sockets to support Blight vs using them as is too good to pass up?

edit: not good with words today.

Hey,

Glad you like it bro! I do what I can :)

I personally prefer the approach promoted by the guide tbh.
It all depends on your playstyle tbh, try both out and work it from there imo.

"
Clayne wrote:
Is there a point at which I shouldn't upgrade Cast when Damage Taken Support and Arcane Surge Support anmymore? The first build I tried out was Enki's Arc Witch, and in his guide he said not to upgrade some gems (the two here in particular) past some point to still make them trigger more often. Arcane Surge Support isn't a problem here since you're pretty much spamming Contagion, but what about the other one?

Well arcane surge is a matter of taste.

In this build it's like Fortify / Shield charge doesn't need to be lvld. Though if you want the quality you wanna bring them to 20 to then flip into 1/20.

CWDT / IC are also matter of personal taste, I prefer lvl 3 CWDT with lvl 5 IC myself.

"
Thiiamas wrote:
Thanks a lot for this guide, i droped an exalted today, should i buy a +1lvl of socket gem tabula, or look for other upgrade first ? Don't really know if the tabula upgrade is worth 60c :/

Well to put it this way:

+1 Tabula is BAE!

"
marki890 wrote:
Hey guys,

I got a question. If I run the setup:
Controlled Destruction - Efficacy - Swift Affliction - Void manipulation
In my Alleopathy gloves where do I socket my 4 link contagion into?

Thank you

You'd have to decide yourself what you want to drop to make that work, I can strongly recommend dropping VLT to start with.

Guides: https://www.poe-vault.com/guides/ghazzy-guide-hub
YT: https://www.youtube.com/GhazzyTV
Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/ghazzytv
Hello Ghazzy,

Thanks for your prompt reply as always. Maybe some more feedback to improve your guide. Even if it is a very well written guide!

Maybe you can add some FAQ for often asked questiom like
Question: I am stucking at T9 or my damage against boss feel low.
Answer: Use Alleopathy gloves with Blight to melt bosses.

(I know not the best example)

Maybe this can help to reduce the same question over and over again.

I know it is easy to say that and I also see that you really put alot of effort in you guides.

If you dont like the idea just forget it :)

Regards
I'm am currently level 74
maxed res 4.8k hp 500 armour and im getting one shotted everywhere
im using tabula breath of the council rathpith and allepoathy gloves
what am i doing wrong

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info