"The Acid rainer"(Updated for Prophecy league!)INSANE DMG

Dmg is too much lol what about crazy proximity shield mobs? any problems?
"
pawe1991 wrote:
Dmg is too much lol what about crazy proximity shield mobs? any problems?

just throw a trap on them as long the trap sprung inside of the proximite shield they will get dmg.

But this kinda happends natuarally.

So no,no problems at all.
how much life should i have by level 85 ?

i just tried to start running t7-t8 maps and i'm dying. a lot.

this is a problem that i've had running acro/phase acro in the past.

sure you dodge a lot of damage, but the hit that goes through can 1-shot you (for example multi-devourer hits). i've generally been more successful with IR, although it's a bit more expensive skill point wise.

however i wanted to try and give acro/phase acro a try this time around.

my life is 3.5k. I know that's not enough, because i die. a lot.

what should it be ?

"
plasticeyes wrote:
how much life should i have by level 85 ?

i just tried to start running t7-t8 maps and i'm dying. a lot.

this is a problem that i've had running acro/phase acro in the past.

sure you dodge a lot of damage, but the hit that goes through can 1-shot you (for example multi-devourer hits). i've generally been more successful with IR, although it's a bit more expensive skill point wise.

however i wanted to try and give acro/phase acro a try this time around.

my life is 3.5k. I know that's not enough, because i die. a lot.

what should it be ?

If you allow me to take a loock at your gear that would be very helpfull.

Also are u running blasphemi + enfeeble alreadddy ?
do you have cwdt+immortal call combo ?
"

doh! no-- i'm using vulnerability.

let me switch to enfeeble and see how much that helps.

thanks much.

meanwhile,my gear:
Spoiler

Spoiler
"
plasticeyes wrote:
"

doh! no-- i'm using vulnerability.

let me switch to enfeeble and see how much that helps.

thanks much.

meanwhile,my gear:
Spoiler

Ok where do i start.
First of all upgrade your two stone ring and your amulet aim for life and resistances first maybe loock for an jaws of agony with close to max life roll .
Dont try to get mana reg on gear we are using clarity level 20(Remove arctic armor for that) and a mana pot for sustain get a flask like mine aim for instant recovery.
I know sustaining skills with mana pot is not everybodys thing but after some time its gets like a nature behaviour.

Get a tabula and really! use cluster trap, its a must. You can decide if u wanne use trap and mine damage or trap cooldown recovery.
Things cant damage u if they are dead.

Please keep me updated how things are going after these changes.

yeahr and use enfeeble aura.

I'm running a similar version of the build on PHC, main difference being I rely on triple curse for defense and EB for casting. It's still WIP so I want to ask:

1. Why Toxic delivery over Ambush? If you drop the crit chance nodes on tree and replace them with crit multi it still puts you at about 50% crit chance. However the first trap throw will always be a massive crit.

2. The more I play the more I get pissed off on trap cooldown... to the point I am actually considering switching to non-crit mines or even Saboteur. It feels like I have all the damage in the world yet I have to wait for it... Any thoughts?

Edit: 3. If you put a dagger with added lightning to spells it should pretty much always shock, but would the bladefall waves after the first one benefit from it? Or are they all considered single cast/hit?
Last edited by purjunka on Apr 21, 2016, 6:05:43 PM
"

Ok where do i start.
First of all upgrade your two stone ring and your amulet aim for life and resistances first maybe loock for an jaws of agony with close to max life roll .
Dont try to get mana reg on gear we are using clarity level 20(Remove arctic armor for that) and a mana pot for sustain get a flask like mine aim for instant recovery.
I know sustaining skills with mana pot is not everybodys thing but after some time its gets like a nature behaviour.

Get a tabula and really! use cluster trap, its a must. You can decide if u wanne use trap and mine damage or trap cooldown recovery.
Things cant damage u if they are dead.

Please keep me updated how things are going after these changes.

yeahr and use enfeeble aura.

ok. i understand .

i think that giving up AA is a mistake until my life is high enough, as giving up the damage reduction will make me even more squishy. .My duelist has armour and endurance charges and 4.5k life and takes a real beating on t7/t8 maps (but doesn't die). Based on that i can't see a dodge build doing well on anything less than 5k life.

however, using a TR makes a lot of sense. The evasion armour is doing me no good (other than the life roll) and is gimping my damage.

My damage is not a problem, the problem is i get 1-shot before putting down a trap.

anyway, I really appreciate your suggestions, and I will definitely try and let you know.

Thanks very much.
Problem with AA is that it only works when you standing still, and this build really needs you to be on your toes and running around.

Drop your 2 quiksilver flasks for another life and an Atziri's flask. I personally like the instant recovery or 50% recovered instantly flasks, as most of the damage I sustain is peaky, so I need to heal quick.
Use whirling blades to get around, really don't need the quicksilver flasks.

Around 65% mana regen seems to work for me to not have to rely on mana flasks too much, so aim for that dont need too much due to trap cooldown.

As mentioned too, take out trap cooldown and put cluster traps, thats a fundamental on the build, so is not up for negotiation IMHO.

This character will always be squishy, thats why you have to play smart and throw traps before getting into the mobs. I normally throw trap, whirling blades through mobs (the traps trigger around the same time) hit a few pots, then go onto the next mob.

Let us know how you go, and if you need an Atziri flask hit me up in game I have a few lying about.

So I really like your build. I play HcP, and I am doing a similar build but without crit. How is your damage and survivability compared to a non-crit version. The damage seems insane on this build, and was wondering if I should start with crit over non crit BF Traps.

Thanks again for your help!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info