[3.5] Say_Ten's Melee Shadow - Murder Everything Cheaply

I've just started with only 29 hours in so bare with me. I have no idea what gems go to where with what. Any direction would be well appreciated. I want to try Wild strike W/ Dual strike. Thanks
My char is 89 now and I guess my gear is pretty good, still Im having problem with HP got around 4.8k and feels like I die way to easy sometimes. Here is my char if you can recommend something https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/WWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW/characters

Dont know if I should swap BoR for a 6link armour to get the HP...

Also Im rarely using lightning strike as damage, can you swap those gems to something else useful? I find Dualstrike- Melee Splash- Multistrike - Added fire much more faster and better
Last edited by WWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW on Dec 27, 2017, 3:25:22 AM
"
Garettt wrote:
I've just started with only 29 hours in so bare with me. I have no idea what gems go to where with what. Any direction would be well appreciated. I want to try Wild strike W/ Dual strike. Thanks
Well, the thing is, Dual Strike isn't a support skill meaning that it won't be added onto Wild Strike when linked together. In PoE you have your good old regular skills, and support skills, when a support skill with a regular skill are in the same linked item, the support skills modify the skill. If you put a regular skill with a regular skill linked together, they won't affect each other and act as separate skills. (I recommend reading this https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Diablo_Player%27s_Guide_to_Path_of_Exile, it might not be updated to all of the things there are in PoE now, but it'll get you knowledged on basis)
Last edited by Whazup4341 on Dec 27, 2017, 5:41:13 AM
"
My char is 89 now and I guess my gear is pretty good, still Im having problem with HP got around 4.8k and feels like I die way to easy sometimes. Here is my char if you can recommend something https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/WWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW/characters

Dont know if I should swap BoR for a 6link armour to get the HP...

Also Im rarely using lightning strike as damage, can you swap those gems to something else useful? I find Dualstrike- Melee Splash- Multistrike - Added fire much more faster and better

Okay, lets go over it. You dont need to use Melee Splash Damage if you are using Dual Strike. There is a threshold jewel for that called Might and Influence. So if you have BoR you usually use: Dual Strike - Multistrike - Ruthless - Critical Damage Support

You could also remove the nodes around Vitality Void. And complete your Claw nodes, which is VERY important. (Especially Soul Raker). Instead of Fevour and Heart Seeker you could invest points in the Constitution life nodes. You could look at my character (Xzandroo), currently sitting at 6,6k life and I would get ~140 life on each level up from now on. Also make sure your resistances are capped (75+), VERY VERY important!

That being said: it seems that you focus on DMG pretty hard. You dont have the highest Life rolls on every item. For example: as belt you could use the new Abyss ones and get a abyss jewel with life too.

For your flasks: get a Basalt Flask for additional physical damage mitigation. You dont need 2 life flasks. I also like a flask to remove curses etc. Especially great for mapping so you dont need to pay attention to bad curse mods (could also look at my character Xzandroo. I only played the first 7 days of this league and I rarely died.

I recommend to use Belly of the Beast and Starkonja / Rat's Nest to get more life & DMG. This way you also have an additional 4 link. It seems you dont fear to invest currency for this build, cause you have Atziri's Acuity (not really necessary in this build at all), which brings us to the next point.

If you have a decent life pool and really want to face tank practically everything... use Bloodseeker Claw. Its the last items that provides instant life leech, even without the disadvantage of no life regen. If you have enough life that you dont get oneshottet you never die. I suspect that it gets nerfed in the future. And yes, you will lose a fair amount of damage, but usually this isnt the problem.

Regarding Lightning Strike: for mapping I use it VERY often. Cause its an easy Power Charge generator and increases the DMG significantly. Most mobs die instantly anyway, even if you use lightning Strike. If you need Power Charges at the boss, you could use my Blade Vortex setup if you decide to play with a 6-link + additional 4-link.

Hope this helps.
Last edited by Xzandro on Dec 27, 2017, 6:43:32 AM
"
Garettt wrote:

do you mean wild strike instead of lightning strike? feel free to hit me up in game and i can explain better. i specifically call out which gems need to be linked to each other in the guide but i can help you in real time if you're new to the game because if you've never played before it's a bit overwhelming.
Hello! First at all, thanks a lot OP for the time you spent doing this great build guide(that remember me the old days playing Assansin Cross on Ragnarok).

But, i have a few questions to start with, especially regarding skills.

First, i saw an special emphasis on LS, but in my case, i use Frost Blades too besides Dual Strikes and LS, because it was one of my first skills when i started and i get used to it.
Problem is, if equip BoR then, is almost imposible to use FB(My current setup is Frost Blades - Elemental Proliferation - Multistrike - Faster Attacks). Any advice on some way to cast Assasin's Mark without the LS? Blasphemy maybe? Because now i have FB on my chest but i'm just lvl 63.

Second, and this is just informative, I'm using CWDT - Immortal Call - Blood Rage, i like that extra speed and life Leech when i get stomped by a big mob and not all the time. Should i add Increased Duration right?.

Third,i use Whirling blades with Fortify and Maim instead of Faster attacks, any thoughts on that?

Fourth, when in the guide you say Crit multi, what are you refering to?

Finally, what do you think of a Touch of Anguish+Bloodseeker setup?

Once again, thanks. It's a great guide even for newbies like me.
Last edited by kei19 on Dec 27, 2017, 5:08:08 PM
Great build I'm currently following it in Hardcore Abyss but just a little scared my little amount of armor might get me killed. Do you think I'm doing well so far for level 50?
"
kei19 wrote:
Hello! First at all, thanks a lot OP for the time you spent doing this great build guide(that remember me the old days playing Assansin Cross on Ragnarok).

But, i have a few questions to start with, especially regarding skills.

First, i saw an special emphasis on LS, but in my case, i use Frost Blades too besides Dual Strikes and LS, because it was one of my first skills when i started and i get used to it.
Problem is, if equip BoR then, is almost imposible to use FB(My current setup is Frost Blades - Elemental Proliferation - Multistrike - Faster Attacks). Any advice on some way to cast Assasin's Mark without the LS? Blasphemy maybe? Because now i have FB on my chest but i'm just lvl 63.

Second, and this is just informative, I'm using CWDT - Immortal Call - Blood Rage, i like that extra speed and life Leech when i get stomped by a big mob and not all the time. Should i add Increased Duration right?.

Third,i use Whirling blades with Fortify and Maim instead of Faster attacks, any thoughts on that?

Fourth, when in the guide you say Crit multi, what are you refering to?

Finally, what do you think of a Touch of Anguish+Bloodseeker setup?

Once again, thanks. It's a great guide even for newbies like me.

You can swap frost blades for LS...use FB with multistrike, CoH and Assassin's Mark. If you only have a few levels until you wear the BoR, just keep using whatever you want. You can use Frost Blades instead of LS for the rest of the game...that part is up to you. instead of elemental proliferation, try ancestral call with frost blades. you'll do so much damage you won't have time to proliferate shit.

yes, add increased duration to all that. i would max blood rage's level out too and manually cast it. it lasts long enough that its not annoying and the extra attack speed from 20/20 is worth it.

use faster attacks with whirling blades. it will get you the hell out of shitty situations faster...that's the whole point. would be nice to have free maim, but the point is to move and fortify at the same time.

crit multi = increased critical damage support gem OR if it's on items, critical strike multiplier

ToA + Bloodseeker will apparently work extremely well per Xzandro. I'm still leveling but will be trying it out.

now go kill everything
"
ais29d wrote:
Great build I'm currently following it in Hardcore Abyss but just a little scared my little amount of armor might get me killed. Do you think I'm doing well so far for level 50?

resists are on point, life is decent but could be better (but resists probably helping that a lot). i have more life and less resists and i haven't died yet. currently act 6, level 55...in SC, but also indicative that IDGAF and still didn't die.
"
Say_Ten wrote:
"
ais29d wrote:

resists are on point, life is decent but could be better (but resists probably helping that a lot). i have more life and less resists and i haven't died yet. currently act 6, level 55...in SC, but also indicative that IDGAF and still didn't die.

Great thanks working on getting my life up. Will probably get some better gear and work towards the HP nodes in the build.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info