[3.5] Say_Ten's Melee Shadow - Murder Everything Cheaply

"
Ilethwe wrote:
Is this build still good and relevant?
I mean it was posted in 2016.
Life changes :)
Let me know if the build is still good/worst/better/usable etc :D

sent you a message and the answer is yes and in fact it's gotten BETTER since 2016. now we have ascendancy (also recently buffed btw) and claws were buffed too. probably the only thing we ate shit on was the reduced AOE nerf
Since I can not wear pectorals,want armor you recommend me to use with BoR ?
/
Last edited by bjornharx on Aug 2, 2018, 5:52:23 AM
How do I get my dual strike with BoT because 6 sockets are required ?
"
Matheussp wrote:
How do I get my dual strike with BoT because 6 sockets are required ?

i recommend wearing and 6-socket chest armor of your choice, just so you can store gems in there for later use or to level them up.

you may want to swap secondary attacks for a specific map or you may want to do more elemental damage instead of physical for a specific map, etc.

another strategy that's useful if you're strapped for cash is to level some gems in your chest so that when one hits level 20 and you flip it to level 1, q20, you have a backup level 20 sitting there that you can use until your original one is back up to level 16 or whatever.

As far as the question I quoted above, I'm not sure what you mean.

The recommended skill gems/links for Dual Strike in the Bringer of Rain are laid out in the "skills" section of the guide.

If that's not what you're asking, can you be more specific?
"
Hallo there!

First off, many thanks for your awesome build.

For me as a starter, it was very easy to understand it, to find out what helps in the earlier levels and how to invest in skillpoints without ruining the build.

But I'm now a little bit stuck, 5 days in at level 74. I just keep dying to bigger bosses when there are smaller enemies around too. When there are huge mobs, i don't have any problems at all, the more the better.

Could you check out my gear and tell me what else I could do?

I'm thinking about tossing the BoR as I already have a lot of currency. What better option besides a 6L BoB + Rat's Nest do I have? How would Maligaro's Virtuosity improve my DPS compared to my drophunting gloves?

Also would I have to change other gear then?

As for rings/jewels, I'm really not sure what to do. I have some gear (armor, rings, jewels and even a gem) for drophunting which increases my rarity, but I'd rather go for something which gives me more DPS.
-> Problem is I've not enough INT as of yet, so I'll need another few lvlups to skill some INT (maybe STR too to use another belt).

I've my eyes on Romira's Banquet ring and Might and Influence jewel, but that'll take time to get my hands on I think.

Thanks in advance!

Might and Influence is extremely important if you are using Dual Strike a lot.

Your skill gem links for Frost Blades aren't ideal but more importantly your gear is not ideal. It's not the BoR's fault or the weapons...even the belt is fine for now. Problem is that you don't have nearly enough life and resists on your gear and on top of that, you are wearing many unique items, which is reducing your ability to get all the stats you need.

Try upgrading your jewelry pieces one at a time, even just simple upgrades will be a huge help. For the amulet, search for an amulet that has at least 20 INT (ideally a lapis or agate so that's implicit), at least 60 life, at least 20% crit multi and at least one resist (you can put fire, cold and lightning and choose the "sum" option) at 30%. You don't need to worry about unset rings yet. Just find rings with at least 50 life, 75% sum resists and any amount of flat physical damage.

you'll eventually want to do your gloves and boots too. problem is that you aren't capping your resists and your life pool is really low with all those uniques.
Hi, i have a question, when do I have to start using Wasp Nest? I'm currently using Lakishu for Lightning Strike and a Unique Claw and my DPS is ok for my lvl i think, I'm level 60 with 8k DPS with Lightning Strike, but I do not have the INT needed to use the Wasp Nest because i have good RES elem and Life with my current equipment and I need to know if i should change now, if you want to take a look at my equipment look for a character named "SasukeUzika".
"
Gomezu wrote:
Hi, i have a question, when do I have to start using Wasp Nest? I'm currently using Lakishu for Lightning Strike and a Unique Claw and my DPS is ok for my lvl i think, I'm level 60 with 8k DPS with Lightning Strike, but I do not have the INT needed to use the Wasp Nest because i have good RES elem and Life with my current equipment and I need to know if i should change now, if you want to take a look at my equipment look for a character named "SasukeUzika".

I would use Wasp Nest as soon as possible. Likely you will just need to change out one piece of gear to get some intelligence on it...like one of your rings or an amulet.

Your characters are hidden. You can change that in your privacy options here on the forum.
"
Say_Ten wrote:
"
Gomezu wrote:

I would use Wasp Nest as soon as possible. Likely you will just need to change out one piece of gear to get some intelligence on it...like one of your rings or an amulet.

Your characters are hidden. You can change that in your privacy options here on the forum.

Thanks for the reply, and now they are no longer hidden, my bad
/
Last edited by bjornharx on Aug 2, 2018, 5:52:30 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info