[3.5] Say_Ten's Melee Shadow - Murder Everything Cheaply

"
_DMG_ wrote:
"
"
and for a simpler answer: yes. i q20 them all except for hatred since that just increases how far the aura extends to other players/allies nearby

Did you buy lvl 1 high quality gems and lvl up it? Q20 all gems seems really expensive.

Sometimes you can find cheap 20% corrupted gems. For a couple of gems, it was basically half price to get a corrupted level 19-20 with 20% quality. You can save money with low level gems but it can take a very long time for you to level them up. If you are already doing yellow maps and the gem isn't at least level 15, I probably wouldn't bother for example.

Search Poe.trade for level 15+, quality 10%+ gems and see if you can find good deals. Occasionally you will find a fairly high level gem with say 10% quality for ~3 chaos, you spend 10 GCP to get it to 20% and still save money in the end. On average you will spend 10-15 chaos per gem, whether you GCP your own or try and find one elsewhere. Not a whole lot you can do to make this any cheaper (without a big time sink, like low level gems)

i usually start the league with this build, and i'm old school. i level my gems on my own and flip them on my own. it allows me to answer the other guy's first question =D.

but, for example, when i bought the main hand claw my abyss character is wearing right now and switched some skill gems around, i found the cheapest 20/20 maim and onslaught gems i could find (they were corrupted as _DMG_ suggested) and bought those.
Last edited by Say_Ten on Feb 20, 2018, 12:36:45 PM
So I have a problem with my life. I can't got even 4k. I have bor set up and a abusiss helm with belly of the beast and nothing changes..... Heeeeelp
"
skylermarrs wrote:
So I have a problem with my life. I can't got even 4k. I have bor set up and a abusiss helm with belly of the beast and nothing changes..... Heeeeelp

my your characters public so i can heeeeelp
btw...they buffed the fuck out of our ascendancy. buckle up boys. this build is gonna be LIT.
Think it's worth going into the poison tree now? That self-heal looks really, really sexy.

Also Unstable Infusion now appears to be better than sliced bread.
Last edited by gkathellar on Feb 21, 2018, 8:24:27 AM
"
gkathellar wrote:
Think it's worth going into the poison tree now? That self-heal looks really, really sexy.

Also Unstable Infusion now appears to be better than sliced bread.

Will have to see how fast the recovery is. They don't say, specifically, but if it's instant, that would be pretty dope.

All the nodes like awesome now. I'll probably mess around with all of it.
"
Say_Ten wrote:
"
skylermarrs wrote:

my your characters public so i can heeeeelp
okay i made public,

Indeed I can't wait to try this out with new ascendancy buffs. I would probably still skip the poison portion, the other 8 nodes look to have great synergy. I'm pretty comfortable with the on-hit life gain + leech this build currently gets so the poison stack regen doesn't impress me as much. My friend who's doing TS with the current poison node may love these changes though.

Edit:
"
skylermarrs wrote:
okay i made public,

Wear belly and the other helmet probably, plus fix life in a few places.

Diamond Ring, Amulet, and one Jewel are all missing life. Plus you are not at the life node wheel yet, I'd march up there quick as you can. That should cover why your life may seem pretty low. If you add life to those areas, Belly scaling should kick in and your life would look pretty decent for someone who's not even 80 yet.
Last edited by _DMG_ on Feb 21, 2018, 11:45:23 AM
I seem to be stuck at 89. I can manage about 30% XP before I start dying and losing it all. I'm avoiding maps with tougher mods, I'm ensuring fortify is always up, I whirlwind around if I'm taking too much damage in one spot. Not sure what I'm doing wrong. The highest map tiers I run are 12.

Have I just hit the limit of what my gear can handle or did I tip the scales too heavily towards damage with not enough defense?

This is by far one of the most fun builds I've tried and I've progressed the furthest. Props to Say_Ten and his straightforward style of presenting a build and covering all the bases!
Last edited by Stryker25B on Feb 23, 2018, 10:37:25 PM
"
Stryker25B wrote:

Have I just hit the limit of what my gear can handle or did I tip the scales too heavily towards damage with not enough defense?

Post more stats. I can guess what your Life and Res are, but that info would help to be sure. My gut says you have decent Life, but maybe lacking in multiple Res or at least Lightning Res specifically. On top of that, Sulphur Flask is probably too greedy. I'd instantly replace it with a solid Basalt Flask. Chances are, your deaths are coming from unfortunate stuns while surrounded or while a big hit is coming. Everything around you is dying, then all of a sudden smack etc. Rumi's alone isn't enough to help with stuns, you need some reduction. Extra damage and decent health means nothing if stuns clobber you.

When I was 89 and wanted to hit 90, I focused on Tier 10-11 maps. I upgraded them to Magic with some fairly easy mods, and ran them. Prime example: Shaped Ashen Wood Map, Magic with 2 non lethal mods. Occasionally, doing any random tier 9's I may have had laying around if I started running out of 10's and didn't want to buy at the time. Nothing wrong with doing 12's but I think it's safer and probably a bit cheaper to scale back to say 10 and just run that til 90.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info