[2.4] Lioneye's Avalanche - All Map Mods - 800k SingleTarget DPS

Really nice build, after respeccing a couple of times in HC, I think I can say this build can be made HC viable.

Instead of going to the right side of the tree to get Acrobatics, spec into the jewel socket right above Resolute Technique and put a Lioneye's Fall jewel in it, it will convert all the nodes in the staff wheel above it to bow modifiers. This gives you 2 benefits you can generate endurance charges (Smashing Strikes) from just crits and 10% block chance (Whirling Barrier). For block chance to be useful grab a Rearguard quiver and you should have 30 - 34% block and some spell block. You can also spec into Disemboweling to the right side of Resolute Technique to get more crit multi.

I have about 24% physical damage reduction with 3 endurance charges and roughly 1k armor. Boss fights are less sketchy now that you can generate endurance charges on the go, and with a 3 second Immortal Call I say its quite viable. Build is clearing smoothly in T10~ maps :)

Yeah when I first planned the build, to generate endurance charges, I would always take those points along with block and disemboweling cluster to get decent critical strike chance.

However that wasted 14 points and my build was already howering around 140-160% life which is not very viable defensively. Or so I thought. Therefore I went with the knockback and global crit multi side. That side is 9 points.

Disemboweling I'm pretty sure gives critical multiplier to attacks with bows, not global. So it would be a waste. You lose 85% critical strike multiplier by not taking lioneye's fall above and acro-side crit multi. However you can play with that by prioritizing critical strike multiplier in jewels, don't think it would pose a problem. 30% proj speed on rearguard I guess also would work nicely.

I have some questions:
Did you consider going 3xreckless defense jewels? Thats 12% block chance, 60% of block applied to spells, but 21% additional chance to receive a critical strike.
With a perfect rearguard you can get 46/42.6 block. With a perfect rumi, 75/75. The extra crit strikes can be compensated by the indomitable cluster. Or only 2 of them for 42/29 and 72/59. Less risk less reward.

How much life do you have for smooth T10 mapping? Can you post your tree/gear?
Last edited by Mothren on Apr 14, 2016, 2:55:34 AM
thanks for ingame tips, this build is really nice.

I hope to change my gear as you stated, while I clean some areas :)
You convert the staff crit nodes, but don't get lethality and King of the hill clusters. Did you consider those instead?
You can see in this image, that the lioneye's fall jewel converts those nodes into global critical strike chance and multiplier, also affecting spells.

For informing all, lemme repost this imgur link here:
http://imgur.com/XwbTdC4
It seems like this build is incredibly dangerous to play solo.

With Blast Rain you need to see the enemies in order to attack, and you have a delay before your spells hit. This means that enemies have plenty of time to attack you, and if your first hit doesn't proc spells you are in trouble.

Ranged enemies in a -max map with added fire dmg - 4.5k life gone instantly, before spells landed so leech did not happen. Note that this is with 23% proj speed from jewels +20% arrow speed from tree.

Other ranger CoC builds can just happily fire in the general direction of the enemies and proc spells long before enemies get in attack range, which is much safer.
Increasing Field of View in PoE: /1236921
Last edited by Shajirr on Apr 17, 2016, 2:20:39 PM
"
Shajirr wrote:
It seems like this build is incredibly dangerous to play solo.

With Blast Rain you need to see the enemies in order to attack, and you have a delay before your spells hit. This means that enemies have plenty of time to attack you, and if your first hit doesn't proc spells you are in trouble.

Ranged enemies in a -max map with added fire dmg - 4.5k life gone instantly, before spells landed so leech did not happen. Note that this is with 23% proj speed from jewels +20% arrow speed from tree.

Other ranger CoC builds can just happily fire in the general direction of the enemies and proc spells long before enemies get in attack range, which is much safer.

Thank you for the constructive criticism. I handle those situations with the hit and run tactic that I mention in the build guide. I never fire an arrow up in the air and stay in the same location during mapping. Manually dodging ranged projectiles are always a good way to survive.

Though I should say this, if you feel the map is dangerous, you can use barrage to proc spells until the boss, and then swap to blast rain on the boss.

However I never need that. Plus, I run maps with 5.8k HP atm. Never ran into such a situation.

I generally fire 1 blast rain before entering a room, if it doesn't proc a volley of spells and if I feel danger, I blink away just a bit to the side and then continue firing. You can also use mirror arrow to bait. With a 4-link: Blink arrow - Faster attacks - Faster projectiles - mirror arrow, using arrow cloning spells are instant, and the routine I explained takes around 0.5 to 0.8 seconds to perform.

Hope these tips help.
I don't see the ascendency in this post, which nodes do you take?
"
Jouchebag wrote:
I don't see the ascendency in this post, which nodes do you take?

In the skill tree links, the ones with Poeplanner links show the nodes.

This one is the level 100 tree for example.

Hint: Unstable Infusion, Deadly Infusion, Toxic Delivery

Edit: Changed level 100 tree. Removed harrier, removed intuitive leap from leftmost jewel to enable socketing it with another jewel, more spell damage, more life.

Lost 5% movespeed, but with this tree and good jewels one should have 7k life at level 100.
Last edited by Mothren on Apr 18, 2016, 3:46:52 AM
About the lvl 100 tree - the jewel socket above Acro doesn't make sense since the build doesn't need proj. dmg.
These points are better spent on getting frenzy charges, since each charge increases both attack speed and gives dmg multiplier to everything.

Same to Scion jewel socket, spending 3 points on stat nodes to reach 2 mediocre spell nodes, Harrier and 1 jewel socket don't seem worth it, when you have direct access to life nodes which were not taken. I can't imagine a situation where someone would be willing to go through 6% spell dmg nodes in order to reach a socket when you have 5 and 6% life ones which don't require any pathing at all.
Increasing Field of View in PoE: /1236921
Last edited by Shajirr on Apr 18, 2016, 4:16:06 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info