[2.4] Stag's Bloody Boner ||Cheap Bm Srs || Atziri & HC viable || Budget Lab Run video, Atziri Video

Overview
____________________________________________________________________________________

Stag's Bloody Boner is a Summon raging spirit blood magic keystone build. It focuses on having high health and a high amount physical damage reduction while still providing reasonable damage output. Another feature is the gear progression is quite smooth.

Do note that it won't be as powerful as a +3 Fire bm staff with a lvl 4 empower, but it will also cost less than one of those items. This build also works quite well in a party, giving out ridiculous amounts of attack speed + cast speed in an aura.

this doesn't mean that you can't use a +3 fire staff and a lvl 4 empower (they will buff your damage massively), I just assume most players won't get to that level

____________________________________________________________________________________

2.4 Update

Crude bows are all the rage if you have a bit of cash (i still recommend staves until you've completed your gearset and jewels as you can roll cast speed and they are so much cheaper)

with a crude bow, you can easily colour how you want (no stat requirement) and you get the added benefit of using a quiver. This means you lose the staff block chance, and cast speed in favour for more life/resists/rearguard.

The crude bow method only works in essence league at the moment. You need to craft +2 fire gems using a Shrieking Essence of Rage or higher (no reason to go higher than shrieking). Then you need to hope for a suffix and a prefix free. If you don't have either one free you redo until you have it.

From here you find yourself a crafting service and add "cannot roll attack mods" (1 ex cost, catarina 8 - don't forget to tip your crafter) then exalt +1 gems (it's the only mod left). So for the cost of 2-4 ex you get a +3 fire bow, pretty good if you ask me!

Witchfire Brew is a great replacement for the stibnight, If you have the budget i'd test it in your setup.

2.3 Prophecy Update - Necro is better for dps, Ascendant for gear flexibility, Guardian for more defense
With the prophecy update you're a fair bit better in a party. The ascendant guardian got a large buff - giving everyone conduit and doubled the rate of curse/stat removal. Ascendant necro, 2% cast speed/corpse consumed. I'd also drop rapid decay in the lw setup and use a lightning golem instead (the attack speed is bonkers on srs)

for the 2 extra points on ascendancy class i'd grab 2 extra skill points although stats are also good if you're a little low on dex.

Work has made it so that I havent had much time in prophecy. I believe necro is a better choice for damage now, Ascendant is best for gear flexibility in my opinion.

4L Budget gear Lab run

Tired Atziri Run
https://youtu.be/ifc8RVFsTEE

In the split phase you can see the ai of the spirits try and fan out, with the bulk going to the closest split. If the closest is the mirror then the bulk will die making it kind of an awkward fight. I died because I noticed the mirror, went oh shit and tried moving to another target. I was pretty annoyed at losing 10% over it. Live and learn I guess.

Cheesing Death and taxes

Pros and Cons

Pros

Relatively cheap build (<1exa) to get started
Can do any end game mod (No regen is kind of annoying though)
Boosts party damage signifigantly
Easy Merc Izaro
Easy Build progression
Cons

Not a clear speed build
No quick movement skill - Uses a staff
Not overly flashy

Main Ideas/concepts

The idea of blood magic srs has been used for a few patches but the ascendancy expansion has made it better. The addition of Essence worm (see below) means we can run two aura's (hatred and haste) and the blood magic keystone in unison. The obvious downside to this setup is the lack of rings and Hatred not being on generosity.

Bandits

I've gone with Kraitlyn, Alira, Skill point
since we are giving up our rings we need to get as much resistance as we can get, 10% all res helps out massively until we get better gear. Alternatively if you're confident on res capping go Oak, Alira, Skill point. After testing with jewels, you need 24% cast speed from the tree/jewels/alira/gear to get 50 spirits out. Personally, I don't like using endurance charges but if you do you can easily pick up one in the Mara section and one from oak.

Skill Tree

Ascendancy:
For this I've chosen the Scion, with a guardian necromancer combination. Necromancer witch is too far away from bulk health for my liking and is difficult to cheaply tank up.

Scion Necromancer

------------You and your minions have 4% physical damage reduction--------------------------------
Combines well with Soul of Steel and Basalt flasks for around 30% physical damage reduction (before Armour)

------------15% increased effect of offering spells------------------------------------------------------
Increased move, attack and cast speed greatly benefits us (other part of the node has 8% attack and cast speed if you've destroyed a corpse recently, which flesh offering does)

------------15% increased damage for allies affected by one of your aura's---------------------------
I treat this as a 15% minion damage node

Scion Guardian

------------3% block----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
With an 18% block staff implicit you'll have 21% block, which is another great defensive layer

------------Every 10 seconds curse and status ailment removal----------------------------------------
Curse and status ailment removal will save you every once in a while, but it can't be relied on

------------12% increased attack and cast speed for allies affected by one of your aura's------------
The attack and cast speed portion is 75% of a lvl 20 haste (with no move speed) on permanently

Current Gear

The Flora's gift divination card drops from the Tropical island map (tier 1 - easy to obtain). It is a common card from a common map. You could alternatively buy the set from a player for around 2c. This gives you a white, 5l staff which you can craft into a useful endgame item.

Crafting
Use a transmute on it to turn it into a magic item. Then use alterations + augments to re roll the item until it has the +2 fire gems mod. Stop here if you're on a tight budget.
a little higher budget crafting
Augment and regal if you still have some currency to spare and, if you wish to continue from there use the catarina 6 to master craft cast speed. Stop here if you don't have exalts lying around

Just a rare with armour + hp + resistances. I've chosen to have an armour es hybid as it's easier to roll the colors I wanted.

This is your best in slot body armour, however it is not a low budget item. For a more budget approach all you need is any body armour with a life roll, if you have one with dexterity it will help out. Belly of the beast will also work here.

The build is in need of at least 35 dexterity, haste requires 155 dex at lvl 20 and the tree has 120. I've chosen to pick up the bulk of my dex in my gloves as it is the easiest and cheapest place. for the more experienced players try find gloves with a prefix free for the catarina minion damage mod.

Rare boots with high life, movement speed and whatever res you need. An armour base is prefered.

the most important part of the build, you need two of these to be able to run both offensive aura's. Your character will be a lot weaker without them. I bought these for 8c each.

rare: high life, dex and whatever res you need. You could also pick up cast speed here.

high life belt with res. Flask effect duration, reduced charges used are just gravy.
Originally i was using a perandus blazon for the dexterity. When I could cover the dex elsewhere I swapped

Flasks are personal preference.

This is my Current setup. Later I could replace the stibnite with a nice rolled Rumi's Concoction

Jewel selection

Jewel Priority goes

1. Minion Damage
2. Life
3. Resistance
4. Cast speed (cast speed, cast speed with staves, attack and cast speed, cast speed with fire skills)
5. Dex

Your cheaper jewels will be something like minion damage + resistances or minion damage + cast speed

more expensive ones which you should aim towards are minion damage + life + res

My current jewels are:

Gem Choices

Summon Raging Spirit is obviously your first choice. Quality gives you minion movement speed, this is the first gem you should get quality on. If you believe you're lacking damage, check the gem level. Srs gets a large amount of damage from each level (a lvl 18 srs will kick the ass of a lvl 17).
Noob Traps
anything in the tree or gear that doesn't state "Minion" somewhere will not increase the Spirit's damage. This includes physical damage or attack damage from the tree. Minion attack and cast speed from the tree however do work. Minion Life is useless since dead spirits get resummoned easily

Second link is spell echo. Spell echo allows us to get two Spirit's out per cast, which is the highest dps boots you can get. Quality is worthless on this.

Third link is Melee Splash. This Lets your Spirits have an aoe attack, greatly increasing your clearspeed. I Highly recommend getting quality on this second (gives 10% increased aoe)

Fourth link is Minion Damage. Kind of a no brainier here, it also has a lower mana multiplier than Melee physical damage so is our fourth link. Quailty this third (gives increased minion damage)

Fifth link is Melee Physical Damage or Multistrike. Melee Physical damage is my preference as it doesnt lock the spirits in place as they are attacking (multistrikes downfall in my opinion). They are both red sockets so try each out to suit your own play style.

Sixth link needs some testing. When I get a 6l staff I know that empower lvl 3+ is great, as is added fire or even multistrike. Some people also have success with melee damage on full life however I will be testing out poison (as I have a lot of minion damage from the tree/jewels and all the duration) and faster attacks/minion speed.

Increased duration is not a good link for srs as 9.5 seconds is enough to burn nearly anything

For movement my preference is Lightning Warp + Reduced duration + Rapid decay. Yes rapid decay works here, and the only bonus you get is 15% reduced duration but I find it worth it. Leap slam can be used but as of 2.2 it is really buggy and you'll constantly find yourself in walls you can't escape easily.

Enchantments

Helmet:

Tier 1 - Srs dmg > Chance for additional SRS > SRS duration
Tier 2 - Reduced LW duration, Any Flesh offering enchant, Enfeeble effect (if you use it in cwdt)
Tier 3 - Immortal call duration, Arc chain (preferably sell this)

Gloves:

Tier 1 - Decree of Light
Tier 2 - Decree of Winter
Tier 3 - Decree of Reflection (Bad for this build imo)

Everything else is useless for this build

Boots

Tier 1 - Regen when hit
Tier 2 - Dodge when crit, Spell dodge
Tier 3 - Mana cost reduction when hit, Movement speed when not hit

With Decree of light and the 1.5% regen when hit I end up with 1750 hp/s.

Play Style, Boss encounters and Leveling

Labyrinth on a 4l, without end game gear or jewels

Last edited by Stagsnetti on Oct 2, 2016, 12:51:40 AM
Last bumped on Oct 26, 2016, 6:26:55 PM
Reserved
Looks cool, gonna try it :)
"
Realnomis wrote:
Looks cool, gonna try it :)

Sweet, My first customer. Send me a message either on here or pm me if you have any questions.
looks interesting so I maybe no 2 to try for my 2nd toon
ign: Kza_Taza
After trying the build for a while i must say i am enjoying it a lot :)

You didnt mention anything about it being HC viable, but i pretty much only enjoy HC leagues and it has been working out great so far. Only lvl 74 but its something.

However i do have two things i noticed i like better than what you are suggesting:

* Using Lightning Warp when taking a bunch of "Increased skill duration"-nodes is counter productive. Since we are using a staff i decided to take Leap Slam instead and link it to Faster Attacks.

* I decided to skip the jewel slot in the Witch-tree to instead go for the last cluster of minion damage nodes. Not sure if its better or worse, but it feels like it made my leveling smoother. Tree

Thanks for an interesting way to play SRS with BM.
"
Realnomis wrote:

You didnt mention anything about it being HC viable, but i pretty much only enjoy HC leagues and it has been working out great so far. Only lvl 74 but its something.

However i do have two things i noticed i like better than what you are suggesting:

* Using Lightning Warp when taking a bunch of "Increased skill duration"-nodes is counter productive. Since we are using a staff i decided to take Leap Slam instead and link it to Faster Attacks.

* I decided to skip the jewel slot in the Witch-tree to instead go for the last cluster of minion damage nodes. Not sure if its better or worse, but it feels like it made my leveling smoother. Tree

Hey, Thanks for the feedback. I use lightning warp with reduced duration (less duration) and rapid decay (reduced duration). This is fine with me as leap slam is kind of buggy atm - you get stuck in walls quite easily or even just on random ground objects. Be wary as this will get you killed

As for the witch nodes, yeah i did think to go there but in my opinion another jewel socket is just marginally better. Mainly because you can get 7% life and minion damage instead of just minion damage/attackspeed. In my opinion you already have enough attackspeed from your auras

In terms of saying HC viable, yeah it is but i'm not a HC player and thus i'd feel a bit scummy saying it. Much like if I was to say Uber Viable having done uber <1 times with it.

Having said that it is atziri viable, although the split phase is aids.

Another thing to test is a bm caster/mana caster with clear mind and these two rings hmm probably a scion beserker + either occultist (larger es pool + regen), assassin (duh) or guardian (for cast speed + tank)

Edit: also, now that I think about it, the witch jewel is hands down better, You're grabbing 25% minion damage + 8% attackspeed (the rest is useless for srs) for 8 Points. for those same 8 you could grab the witch jewel (15% minion damage, perhaps 7% life or cast speed (for yourself)) and either quick recovery/heart and soul/bravery/the jewel socket south east of blood magic.
Last edited by Stagsnetti on Mar 28, 2016, 11:00:44 AM
"
Stagsnetti wrote:
"
Realnomis wrote:

Hey, Thanks for the feedback. I use lightning warp with reduced duration (less duration) and rapid decay (reduced duration). This is fine with me as leap slam is kind of buggy atm - you get stuck in walls quite easily or even just on random ground objects. Be wary as this will get you killed

As for the witch nodes, yeah i did think to go there but in my opinion another jewel socket is just marginally better. Mainly because you can get 7% life and minion damage instead of just minion damage/attackspeed. In my opinion you already have enough attackspeed from your auras

In terms of saying HC viable, yeah it is but i'm not a HC player and thus i'd feel a bit scummy saying it. Much like if I was to say Uber Viable having done uber <1 times with it.

Having said that it is atziri viable, although the split phase is aids.

Another thing to test is a bm caster/mana caster with clear mind and these two rings hmm probably a scion beserker + either occultist (larger es pool + regen), assassin (duh) or guardian (for cast speed + tank)

Edit: also, now that I think about it, the witch jewel is hands down better, You're grabbing 25% minion damage + 8% attackspeed (the rest is useless for srs) for 8 Points. for those same 8 you could grab the witch jewel (15% minion damage, perhaps 7% life or cast speed (for yourself)) and either quick recovery/heart and soul/bravery/the jewel socket south east of blood magic.

You are so right, being able to grab 2 jewel slots is a lot better than going for the last minion damage nodes. Thanks :)
Looks really interesting, also like the write down of the build - very detailed.

Just ripped my 2nd toon due to stupidity just before maps so gonna try SRS for the first time. Probably gonna try it out in HC, 200% life are very good and even w/o Kaom's and only with a Belly, life should still be pretty damn high.
"
Mithrandil wrote:
Looks really interesting, also like the write down of the build - very detailed.

Just ripped my 2nd toon due to stupidity just before maps so gonna try SRS for the first time. Probably gonna try it out in HC, 200% life are very good and even w/o Kaom's and only with a Belly, life should still be pretty damn high.

Thank you for giving it a shot. A few friends have tried it out and are really enjoying it in HC. Without a kaoms or life on jewels i'm sitting at around 6k hp, the only problem is the semi recent hike in essence worm prices to around 15 - 20c.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info