[2.5] Baelrog's Abyssal Cry Berserker - Send the whole screen to the Abyss with one attack.

Nice Guide!
Last edited by Caramelbär on Jan 29, 2017, 12:19:26 PM
I am loving this build! i am now level 85.

I am wondering if you have a guide to get [The Green Nighmare Viridian Jewel] ? it's so expensive in poe.trade
Not really, the prices of upgraded Chayula items went up a lot as the league progressed. I got mine for about 200 chaos, or at that time around 3 ex. The green nightmare is good, but not absolutely essential, so don't worry about it too much.
Very nice guide! Thanks!

I'm kind of a casual player and I usually play witch. I gave a break on poe after the Essence league but then I considered playing Marauder in Breach after watching this build of Kripp, that is also Abyssal + Blade Flurry

Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p9ZJtDxUe8w&list=PLHlnpLKpZGobR_WfS6xQP7rA-nGq1y24U&index=16
Character page: https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/Krippers/characters

But well, I started playing following Kripp skill tree, and the skill tree of this guide is a bit different, has fewer jewel nodes and uses Acrobatics and Vaal Pact.

So, I wanna know of the most experience players, what do you think of the pros and cons of each one? Which one is more suitable for a casual, not so wealthy player?

I'm currently at lvl 45

thanks!
Yeah, this guide is actually really nice! I've always been a great fan of Abyssal cry, and I'm pretty happy to see there's a possibility to use it as a main skill.

I think I'll try it next league, if it doesn't get nerfed too hard... However, I'm a bit concerned about the evasion part of the build. I play exclusively in hardcore, and relying on evasion always seemed a bit risky to me. If I understood correctly, one of the main selling point of evasion in your build is to buff your single target dps with dreamfeather and blade flurry. So, using another single target skill with no synergy with evasion should allow to switch to good ol' armor, tight? I was thinking about a chaos damage spell, ED for example or whatever... Do you think that could work?
@Raziel363: Thanks! As for your question; Kripps build is way cheaper, very beginner friendly in that regard. Although it has a higher life pool (HP), the effective HP is a lot lower. This is because his build has very few other defenses, while this has many stacked defenses. So, I would say this is far more survivable.

@Verinen: I'm not a hardcore player, but in short I think evasion (when done right) is highly underrated. Therefore I would say that the synergy with dreamfeather is the main selling point (its still very good), instead my selling point is simply that its just really good if done right, and I think this does it right. So, I do think this build, with some minor adjustments to the tree for a bit more life (~220% inc. max life), is hardcore viable. I wouldnt start a league with it though, in HC you need to get decent basic gear together first (which is likely to be cheap in HC).

The biggest risk for an evasion build is that a large enough hit (one-shot) gets past your layered evasion-dodge-miss(blind) chance, and only so if its physical (because otherwise Armour wouldn't have helped either). However, against such large hits armour is unreliable as well. Furthermore, evasion actually helps mitigate hybrid attacks and many forms of bonus damage from map mods (e.g. +% extra damage as fire). This problem can be addressed by layering defenses that can cut a flat amounts of incoming damage; Enfeeble, Fortify, Arctic Armour (+AA helmet enchant) and a Basalt Flask. It should be noted that AA works really well with channeling skills, as they force you to stand still.
Finally, evasion allows for high Spell Dodge, which is a very noticeable defensive mechanic when stacked.

That all being said, you can of course build it differently. I did consider Wither + CWC + Essence Drain + Void Manipulation + Poison + Inc. Duration. This would require a significant skill tree redesign though.
Thanks for the input!

It's true that I may have been overly critical of evasion as a defense mechanism... I'm still wary of being unlucky and having several heavy blows going through your evasion in a quick succession, but the layered defenses sure are way more reliable than either armor or evasion anyway. I'll give it a try next league, worst that can happen is a quick death, after all. Let's just hope next patch is kind to the build!

As for the wither part, it sure seems interesting as well. Dunno about the CWC ED though, it may be hard to hit anything with ED...
Quick question. Is there any good way to run Breachlords/Shaper/Similar high tier bosses that come without their own packs with this build? It feels like our damage is seriously limited if the boss doesn't have any allies nearby.
Luna's Blackguards - a guild of bronies - is now recruiting! If you're a fan of our favourite chromatic marshmallow equines, hit me up with an add or whisper, and I'll invite you!
IGN: HopeYouAreFireProof
It should be no problem, being at 250K Blade Flurry DPS with good gear (including poison). The whole idea behind the build is using a 6-link for single target and AC as a for link to efficiently kill packs. For guardians and such I often equip a Vaal Breach, to summon a horde of monsters to blow up on command. Killed minotaur in about 10 seconds using this strategy.
Last edited by Baelrog on Feb 8, 2017, 1:20:34 PM
I am not getting 250k. Or if I am, I am really miscalculating my tooltip. My blade flurry tooltip reads 2k per attack, with an average duration of 0.22. I don't have Aspect of Carnage yet (I picked up Pain Reaver first to shore up my mana; maybe I should try respeccing that), and my build is running a little less EV, so that would probably have something to do with it...

It certainly doesn't feel like 250k, particularly if I turn on Vaal Pact - the leech is embarrassingly low despite Pain Reaver until things start exploding.

Vaal Breach seems like a good idea. Would probably help with breachlords.

My main reason for asking is because the other day I tried some breachlords. I got Xoph, but Tul fucked my shit sideways with his freezing and I couldn't do enough damage fast enough. Esh... no comment. I feel like I'm not doing enough single target, basically.
Luna's Blackguards - a guild of bronies - is now recruiting! If you're a fan of our favourite chromatic marshmallow equines, hit me up with an add or whisper, and I'll invite you!
IGN: HopeYouAreFireProof

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info