Time to go

I live in a rural area there is no current option for a wired connection.

|------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
| WinMTR statistics |
| Host - % | Sent | Recv | Best | Avrg | Wrst | Last |
|------------------------------------------------|------|------|------|------|------|------|
| mbb.vzw.com - 0 | 401 | 401 | 0 | 0 | 8 | 0 |
| 242.sub-66-174-43.myvzw.com - 0 | 401 | 401 | 23 | 46 | 79 | 69 |
| 132.sub-69-83-108.myvzw.com - 0 | 401 | 401 | 24 | 47 | 81 | 70 |
| 241.sub-69-83-106.myvzw.com - 1 | 397 | 396 | 0 | 46 | 81 | 38 |
| 194.sub-69-83-106.myvzw.com - 3 | 365 | 356 | 0 | 45 | 98 | 68 |
| 32.sub-69-83-99.myvzw.com - 9 | 301 | 276 | 0 | 44 | 80 | 34 |
| No response from host - 100 | 81 | 0 | 0 | 0 | 0 | 0 |
| 13.sub-69-83-98.myvzw.com - 6 | 329 | 311 | 0 | 41 | 76 | 57 |
| dls-bb1-link.telia.net - 30 | 184 | 129 | 0 | 47 | 79 | 50 |
| te3-3.bbr02.eq01.dal01.networklayer.com - 70 | 107 | 33 | 0 | 47 | 59 | 46 |
| ae0.dar01.sr01.dal01.networklayer.com - 53 | 130 | 62 | 42 | 55 | 90 | 42 |
| po1.fcr03.sr04.dal01.networklayer.com - 82 | 94 | 17 | 0 | 49 | 59 | 57 |
| speedtest.dal01.softlayer.com - 0 | 401 | 401 | 34 | 56 | 89 | 78 |
|________________________________________________|______|______|______|______|______|______|
WinMTR v0.92 GPL V2 by Appnor MSP - Fully Managed Hosting & Cloud Provider

Sorry I let my frustration get the better of me
Ah, so you are on a wireless internet service. Not on a local wifi connection. Actually, if you have a good provider, you can game just fine on a wireless internet service. That is what I use, and I don't see latency problems, or issues with packet loss or spikes. This isn't the old days of wireless internet service anymore. It is actually a viable alternative.

That being said, I do see problems that might impact you. You can see certain hops that show packet loss, but I wouldn't worry about that too much because it isn't there on following hops. It is probably just traffic mitigation going on. Here is your last hop:

| speedtest.dal01.softlayer.com - 0 | 401 | 401 | 34 | 56 | 89 | 78 |

You have decent enough numbers to play the game from the looks of it. No packet loss, and spikes that aren't wildly problematic.

If I had to guess, I'd bet the problem lies right here in your run:

| dls-bb1-link.telia.net - 30 | 184 | 129 | 0 | 47 | 79 | 50 |
| te3-3.bbr02.eq01.dal01.networklayer.com - 70 | 107 | 33 | 0 | 47 | 59 | 46 |

Your routing has you sending your data through a telia.net node before being handed off to the networklayer hops that get you to the gateway you want to connect to. Sadly, there is a bit of an ongoing issue between the host and Telia network nodes. They don't seem to be relaying data reliably, causing stability issues in game.

Unfortunately, this leaves you between a bit of a rock and a hard place. This is out of the control of the host / GGG, and there hasn't been much luck getting Telia to look into the issue. Since this is outside of your house, your options are sort of limited.

I have a couple suggestions, but I admit, you are in a bit of a tough spot.

First thing I would do is try to talk to your ISP. This isn't exactly their fault, but they may be able to help. You'll want to immediately want to talk to 2nd or top level support. Show the route you showed us. Point out the hop that is causing the problem, and see if there is anything they can do to change the routing of your traffic.

If they aren't able to help, I would suggest trying to connect through a VPN and giving it a try. There is a chance that the VPN will change the routing of your traffic / how it is managed on the route. Hopefully that will improve things, and you can play.

As a final note, you mentioned that this doesn't impact other games. That is likely entirely true. This could be impacting JUST how you are able to play POE.

Sorry for the trouble you've been having. I hope some of this helps.
"I would have listened... I would have understood!" - Scion

Have you removed Asus ROG/GameFirst yet?
Thanks for that. I'll see if Verizon can do anything, but I'm not very hopeful.
"
Yes, i agree with you. Every time i post something like this, for example fps will drop to 1fps every time i open a strongbox with exile in, or playing in party, to not mention some boss fight (malachai) wich is impossible to play, then i compare to other games wich i don't have any fps problem or lag, some 'veteran' will come here and tell is not the game problems, but your connection and your pc is a potato blablablaaa.

Like Frankfurt Gateway, they ask u MTRs, but problem on Frankfurt gateway is on for about more than 6 months according to treads reddit and google, but yeah they still ask you to MTR and ask your ISP (while on their side they will do absolutely nothing ofc) and thats it. All people getting DCs from gateways but they still ask you to MTR. New thing appeared now in global 820, is to refuse people in groups from Milan and Frankfurt, since game in unplayable for people there.
Veterans are just making these problems last even more longer and longer with such arrogant attitude.

What i see is some EU gateways are broken for like 6 months and no one bother execpt saying to make MTR report and blame your ISP, plus performances are poor and they will tell you that your end game pc is a potato, without looking anything on their part again ofc. And thats why u got in EU a frankfurt server almost unplayable for majority of players, germans included, thats huge lol.

I am just hoping these veterans and support one day learn two words : Listen and Humility.
Pas ici pour rendre service ;).
Un jeu avec autant de qualités que de défauts, malheureusement ignorés et soutenus par une marée de supporters nolifes sans aucune objectivité.
"
I am just hoping these veterans and support one day learn two words : Listen and Humility.

I wouldn't bank your house on it, this has been the case for years and no matter how you word it, you always seem to get the same results from both.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info