Time to go

After two years of fun I must stop playing this wonderful game. Despite the fact I suffer from no lag or disconnect issue in these other games: Lord of the Rings Online, World of Tanks, War Thunder, World of Warships, Ark, League of Legends, Armored Warfare, and Warframe with a wireless connection, I'm told my recent problems with Path of Exile is on my end, and when I start reading the connection issues threads I'm told to not bother and stop using wireless and switch to a wired connection. Some of us do not have the option to do this. I played this game fine for almost two and a half years but recently I can not stay connected for more than a few minutes before I'm kicked out.
Last bumped on Mar 18, 2016, 2:17:36 PM
Yes, i agree with you. Every time i post something like this, for example fps will drop to 1fps every time i open a strongbox with exile in, or playing in party, to not mention some boss fight (malachai) wich is impossible to play, then i compare to other games wich i don't have any fps problem or lag, some 'veteran' will come here and tell is not the game problems, but your connection and your pc is a potato blablablaaa.

poe needs some performance update becuase how it is now is an unplayable game, i have like 3 crash at day because i am missing 'ram' what ??
Why do you not have the option to switch to a wired connection ? I believe it's possible to have both at the same time.
there is 100% some sort of memory leak

there were always crashes and disconects

but newest crashes take 100% of my disc scape 100% procesor 100% ram etc

It takes about 10minutes after killing POE process to have useable computer

[this issue does not exist with any of 150 other games that i play monthly]

I feel pretty, Oh, so pretty,
I feel pretty, and witty and gay,
And I pity Any girl who isn’t me today!
wired connection is no better tbh, fam.
"
Ciaphiskain wrote:
League of Legends

Spoiler

Happened yesterday, totally gutted but at least it'll get me playing PoE again.
Last edited by MonstaMunch on Mar 16, 2016, 1:39:18 PM
"
Ciaphiskain wrote:
After two years of fun I must stop playing this wonderful game. Despite the fact I suffer from no lag or disconnect issue in these other games: Lord of the Rings Online, World of Tanks, War Thunder, World of Warships, Ark, League of Legends, Armored Warfare, and Warframe with a wireless connection, I'm told my recent problems with Path of Exile is on my end, and when I start reading the connection issues threads I'm told to not bother and stop using wireless and switch to a wired connection. Some of us do not have the option to do this. I played this game fine for almost two and a half years but recently I can not stay connected for more than a few minutes before I'm kicked out.

Are you using the POE client or the Steam client? I've experienced a LOT more disconnects when playing on Steam.
Hey there.

Sorry to see you go.

There is a number of things you could try to test first though. Most of the time when you got issues on a wireless connection it is caused by disturbance from other signals nearby. This could be routers from your neighbours working on the same channels as yours or close by.

you can try to look for an app called wifi anylyzer. It can show you if there is disturbance on your signal. If you find somebody on the same channel as yours you can change your opperating channel in your router settings.

Most routers are set to some default settings and most routers are set to the same channel.
Working with customer service for a living this is something i see more and more often. Seen people that cant even connect to there wireless equiptment just because of this.

Another thing is trying to switch out your equiptment. It could be outdated and have a rather weak signal or moving closer to it. You could try with an acces point closer to the main router.

While you argue that other games do not experience the same issues i think it is a matter of thoes games opperating on a different network model. You could however change your settings to predictive rather than lockstep in the options in path of exile as a work around.

Hope i could help.

"
EDIT: be aware that some countries only allow 11 channels. Other countries allow up to 13 channels. This has to correspond with the network card in your pc. Setting the channel something other below 11 is safe.
Last edited by Anubis2108 on Mar 16, 2016, 2:55:09 PM
Sometimes access to a wired connection is not possible. Either due to router location or otherwise. It also could be a wireless service, likened to DirectTV due to being in a remote location.

I have an extremely fast connection, most of the time my MS is sitting at 12-15. Recently I have regularly seen spikes causing it to jump well into the hundreds or complete lagouts for several seconds only to find myself dead when everything resumes. I have a very beefy machine, but yes, I run into similar issues. It isn't fun. I can only imagine how much more frustrating it would be to be told it is your hardware, when there is at least equal chance it might not be.
"
Ciaphiskain wrote:

I don't actually see that you've ever actually submitted a proper connection issue thread for problems. I see one with a screenshot of a stash that failed to load, but no details of your connection, and no WinMTR report. I don't actually see anyone saying anything to you about switching to a hardwired connection. Are you posting from a secondary account or something?

I'm sorry you've had trouble, but maybe if you reminded us of what is going on we might be able to help.

Unless you are gone already, in which case, I hope you find something that you can enjoy.
"I would have listened... I would have understood!" - Scion

Have you removed Asus ROG/GameFirst yet?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info