[2.2] Full Block Earthquake with Varunastra + Aegis (Gladiator)

Hello. Amazing build this is some of the most fun I've had in a while. Two things I do that might help others is running life gain on hit with vengeance and reckoning instead of flicker strike. That keeps me topped off in most packs I whirl into. I also drop increased aoe for physical to lightning for physical reflect maps. It lets you smash your way through without spamming pots.

I cleared Atziri on my first attempt of it ever with only 1 death. I accidentally smashed the mirror and thought oh shit as I waited for it to erupt. Lab is pretty much a joke now too. It's awesome how strong I feel on something like a 2ex budget. Thanks for the build.
deleted question, was answered earlier in the thread. having fun with the build so far though even though im lower level
Last edited by Covan on Mar 22, 2016, 4:42:25 PM
Hi OP,

Playing with the build for extended time, it got me thinking about how to sync attack speed with the earthquake aftershock delay. In my opinion, below scenario are optimal;

1. attack speed = aftershock delay - this mean swinging your attack every hit will not decrease in aftershock due to tis mechanic.

2. attack speed > aftershock delay - in this case, id imagine attack speed must be twice as fast as the aftershock delay. If aftershock delay is 0.4 sec for example, attack speed must be 0.2 swing per sec. This look like a 2:1 ratio for me.

Currently I'm sitting at 0.42 sec attack per sec, while aftershock duration is 0.46 sec. I'm scratching my head about how to "nerf" my attack speed.
"
Adultswim3 wrote:
Hello. Amazing build this is some of the most fun I've had in a while. Two things I do that might help others is running life gain on hit with vengeance and reckoning instead of flicker strike. That keeps me topped off in most packs I whirl into. I also drop increased aoe for physical to lightning for physical reflect maps. It lets you smash your way through without spamming pots.

I cleared Atziri on my first attempt of it ever with only 1 death. I accidentally smashed the mirror and thought oh shit as I waited for it to erupt. Lab is pretty much a joke now too. It's awesome how strong I feel on something like a 2ex budget. Thanks for the build.

Glad you are enjoying it!
Phys to lightning seems like a great choice for phys reflect, thank you for sharing
"
mlvnk83 wrote:
Hi OP,

Playing with the build for extended time, it got me thinking about how to sync attack speed with the earthquake aftershock delay. In my opinion, below scenario are optimal;

1. attack speed = aftershock delay - this mean swinging your attack every hit will not decrease in aftershock due to tis mechanic.

2. attack speed > aftershock delay - in this case, id imagine attack speed must be twice as fast as the aftershock delay. If aftershock delay is 0.4 sec for example, attack speed must be 0.2 swing per sec. This look like a 2:1 ratio for me.

Currently I'm sitting at 0.42 sec attack per sec, while aftershock duration is 0.46 sec. I'm scratching my head about how to "nerf" my attack speed.

Attack speed do not affect aftershock delay, so having a good attack speed is not that good if you only consider aftershock damage.
You can "nerf" your attack speed by going for 6L + helm setup that I posted few days ago.
For BoR setup, although it's really cheap, you are forced to use attack speed, and this is the main reason why I added 6L setup for late game.
"
Covan wrote:
deleted question, was answered earlier in the thread. having fun with the build so far though even though im lower level

Thanks for finding in the thread, not many people do that, appreciate it :D
Glad you are enjoying it
"
mlvnk83 wrote:
Hi OP,

How in the hell are you getting aftershock delay to 0.46 seconds? I have a level 18 20% less duration and my aftershock duration is 0.7. Is there another way to lower duration that I don't know about?
"
Pathological wrote:
"
mlvnk83 wrote:
Hi OP,

How in the hell are you getting aftershock delay to 0.46 seconds? I have a level 18 20% less duration and my aftershock duration is 0.7. Is there another way to lower duration that I don't know about?

There's Earthquake duration enchant on helm, you can see it on my gear
"
GeGuRi wrote:
"
Pathological wrote:
"
mlvnk83 wrote:
Hi OP,

There's Earthquake duration enchant on helm, you can see it on my gear

Wow, ok. So, do you think it's worth it?
Let's take two scenarios (1:1@.45attack speed vs 1:2@.36, which is what you get without that 30% on helm - aftershock duration of ~0.7 with a 20% decrease duration gem)

.47 attack speed = 2.13 attacks per second, and 1:1 ratio means 2.6 effective per attack (1 from attack, 1.6 from aftershock). It's slightly more because the bigger hit ignores more armor, but close enough.
2.13*2.6= 5.538 effective attacks per second

.36 attack speed = 2.778 attacks per second
2.778 * 1.8 (0.8 earthquake per attack) = 5 effective attacks per second.

So, in fights where you are attacking for long periods of time, you gain 10% damage (plus a bit more for ignoring slightly more armor on bigger hits). But, your attack time is 20% slower for 1-hit trash mobs, which generally speaking are a 1:1 kill in both cases.

Personally, I think it's worth getting attack speed as low as possible without breaking a threshold.

Last edited by Pathological on Mar 23, 2016, 7:37:20 AM
"
Adultswim3 wrote:

I have not tested Phys reflect yet but my plan is ice crash - melee physical damage - ful life - phy to lightning

same color, 100% phys to elemental.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info