Praise our Lord Vhlad, Master of Sparks and Savior of the arena.

"
Rupenus wrote:
can you knock out someone with punching only to stomach of chest? you gotta punch to the nose, or to the eye to knock out someone. simple life fact.

RT is cool and shit, but that just helps you to ignore evasion which is not important in meta at the moment.

someone who puts arrow in the middle of the forehead of course gonna win the battle. (mulla will answer this with a wall of text, im waiting)

I feel there is a higher importance to evading, because all accuracy based attack builds have the weakness to blind. In the case of our builds my zero-investment-to-evasion tank build is only able to sometimes kill your high-investment-to-accuracy build through blind, effectively reducing your chance to crit below 25% (only significant damaging hits), so blind is by far the most effective damage reduction against you, and mainly against accuracy based attack builds.
IGN: Márkusz
My builds: thread/1600072
( •_•)>⌐■-■
(⌐■_■)
blind + enfeeble totally counters me but its hard to explain this to newcomers. this explained by lapiz and others like 100 times maybe.
"You have great power. You're right to be proud. It's unfortunate you have to die now, but I will honor you with 45% of my strength."
Except blind support has a pretty low chance to proc and enfeeble can be dispelled with a warding.

Not like it matter anyway when you got killed from 2 screen away.
"
IceDeal wrote:
Except blind support has a pretty low chance to proc and enfeeble can be dispelled with a warding.

Guys like Rupenus don't understand this. As he reads blind,enfeeble,accuracy,crit chance all he thinks is this....

Blind = It's a counter to my build so I lose. Not considering he is ranged and can 1-2 shot people on a successful hit requiring little to no aim whats so ever.

Enfeeble = It's a counter that both lowers my accuracy + my crit chance and crit damage!!!! wwwwttttffff datz a hard counter bro! Datz like da superiest counter in da world bro! How can I even land a fucken hit let alone get a kill? All of my damage is now trash and my character basically worthless because it takes me 1.125-2.125 hits to get a kill!!!!!

Accuracy = I invested in accuracy and make the claim I'm the only one smart enough to invest in accuracy as an attack build thus weakening my character so badly that I'm a glass cannon and if I get touched I fall apart like a guy with paper skin and glass bones huur huur huur.

Crit chance = It's a chance, so it's not very good because it doesn't happen 100% of the time. So I deem it fair and when I hit you and kill you in 1 hit it's ok.

Add Unyielding and Belt of the Deceiver and he'll just throw his hands up in defeat and hover "delete" over his character because holy fucken shit if he can't kill you in less then 3 hits and actually have to move/aim/be good...its a problem.

But really the part where Heelon pointed out mirrored bows + 600% multipliers excel with any skill is pretty much on point but was also immediately debated like it wasn't true...ya.

Damage formula is fine, crits and inquisitor are the problem with PvP. Secondary damage and other mechanic problems should be tweaked afterwards accordingly. Not because they ignore block or dodge but because they do too much damage. Not everything in this game should be dodge/blockable.
GGG, the ADA of gaming....huuuur i gotz mai skilz.
IGN: MullaXul
Last edited by MullaXul on Mar 20, 2016, 8:17:49 PM
yummy yummy, thats what im talking about. thanks mulla. wall of text <3

ill answer later, let me enjoy it for a while
"You have great power. You're right to be proud. It's unfortunate you have to die now, but I will honor you with 45% of my strength."
Last edited by Rupenus on Mar 20, 2016, 8:47:09 PM
The damage formula in pvp is absolutely broken. 1-shots are so pervasive that it's predominantly all about whoever has the superior range, at least in sarn arena. Hence the emergence of the sparker.

DPS power creep since the last pvp balance pass has been extreme. Even for non-crit builds with things like elemental overload, elemental focus, controlled destruction, etc, tooltip numbers have increased by more than double.

The damage formula for received damage to minions and totems needs to be looked at as well. A 12k life totem is paper: it instantly dies to default attack, counter attack gems, tempest shield, whatever. And it's even worse with chaos damage since you can't raise totem chaos resist.

I'm sure after enough complaints GGG will do something about the invisible sparks in sarn arena, but I hope this prompts them to look at more than just spark (and inquisitor). Other projectiles go invisible too. Anything with enough speed/range/duration goes invisible. We can do it with magma orb for example.

Explosive arrow (EA) still needs serious adjustment in pvp, with the arrows detonating instantly when fired from the elevated zone in the middle of sarn, or when they hit frostwall. Shotgunning is an issue with EA and others. The damage is too high, allowing EA pvp builds to stack significant life/regen/mitigation/mobility and almost entirely forego passive/gear investment in damage. And they get free bypass of block, dodge, evasion from the secondary area projectile fire damage so they naturally counter aegis tanks etc with no investment. [while my spark build is indeed cancer it's 100% DPS/range investment - meanwhile if spark is the only thing that gets adjusted EA builds will continue to have all the damage/range they need with no DPS/range investment].

Really I think GGG has given up on pvp balance. Which is fine. The simplest thing they can do is just drop everyones damage by 95% (lol). I'd like to see someone at GGG hang out in the NA merciless sarn arena for a day, when the leo daily involves sarn arena, and observe.

I'd also like to see someone at GGG play a low life build that needs to activate 4+ auras in pvp and let us know if they have any fun at all trying to activate 4+ auras after every death before being instagibbed by another player.

I also want to apologize for ruining sarn arena from 8pm-12am. I could feel the hate :(

I know I'm lame, you don't need to tell me. <3
Never underestimate what the mod community can do for PoE if you sell an offline client.
Last edited by Vhlad on Mar 21, 2016, 1:49:39 AM
"
IceDeal wrote:

I use

and cwdt flame dash against fanon, which is still not perfect but works well
IGN: Márkusz
My builds: thread/1600072
( •_•)>⌐■-■
(⌐■_■)
Rupenus, you are not 100% fair with your explanation :).

Yes blind+enflee can counter you but most of time when you kill, people are not at distance to apply those curse to you.

Your arrows can offscreen and u just need to look minimap and nuke players before they can apply curses.

So in theory you can be countered but not with actual range of skills of melee.

Also with all the evasion skills bow users can use, be honest if you play good not lot of players can even come to your melee distance before dying or you just disapear using blink and shit.

True you are not libra and can die quick if melee distance and players is mart to avoid wall, but most of time you will offscreen players before they are close to you and can curse/attack.

Don t get me wrong I said previously you are skilled player and your LA is one of the original. Now lot of copycats sadly.

About spark,
I don t understand why Vlhad so happy to play this shit. Do you find it fun? maybe but you are killing this game using this shit. Well GGG kill their own pvp game not working on this but still you guys have responsability really.

PŠ:

also talisman is not fair GGG lowered their pants and made counter to elem skills impossible to get for lot of people who did not play temp league. There is no reason to play pvp anymore when you have items so important like that gated to trading.
With talisman not in standard+ retarded op classes GGG killed pvp I think.
Poe Pvp experience
https://youtu.be/Z6eg3aB_V1g?t=302
Last edited by Head_Less on Mar 21, 2016, 9:46:17 AM
"
Head_Less wrote:

I don t understand why Vlhad so happy to play this shit. Do you find it fun? maybe but you are killing this game using this shit. Well GGG kill their own pvp game not working on this but still you guys have responsability really.

Because Vhlad is the hero the arena deserve... but not the one it need. Our Savior will show GGG the path of redemption and nerf. Glory to him who mastered the Ocean of Sparks and show it to the world.
Last edited by IceDeal on Mar 21, 2016, 9:57:00 AM
guys, enfeeble + blind counters me, yes, but its really hard to apply that on me before dying i agree with that point. and its because of how awful and insufficient pvp damage formula to create a damage/lifepool balance. when i said that some of you opposed me.

also lets talk about LA and crit. i think LA poison or LA alone with non crit thicket would be better. better attack speed, i can use devoto helmet, maximize my chaos resistance, get more life from tree. 1.5 times more base X-Y, probs 1.8-2 times more attack speed.

i have 14000-34000 X-Y. with a 6T1 thicket bow, and without investing on crit i can get probably 25000-45000. with insane massive attack speed. with thicket bow, where LA can be ecentered around poison damage like icedeal does with volta, would be even better than mine actually. im using crit gear cause best items are made for crit builds,

in ideal world, where there is a

6T1 Thicket Bow or / maraketh

prefix is obvious, suffixes: stun duration on enemies, attack speed, reduced damage taken from dot

and
6T1 Iron Ring

prefixes, 9-15 phys, 42 wed, 7-72 light damage(since we wont spend crit nodes, e gonna get shit loads of life nodes from tree and we can spend on more dps)
suffixes: IAS 7, 68 mana regen, 48 X resistance

Amulet - 3 X resistances, wed 42, 15-26 phys, 78 life

we all suffixes are not occupied by crit multi crit chance you can use weird belts like meginords and devoto helmet to maximize dps.

in short, such non crit LA build would be even more devastating than my LA but all best items are built for crit builds

this is the tree i did in 3 mins for the build

Spoiler
https://www.pathofexile.com/fullscreen-passive-skill-tree/AAAABAICAQBeAdEFLQW1BiMIiQqbD6sRgRUgFewWvxmOGbQZ_hqNGwEbrSLqI_YlPyaVJyEs6S2DLlMwcTB8MgEylDY9N9Q6QkMxR35LeE2SUUdVS1b6WyZdaF85YeJiWmKsY6dlTWqMbIxtbHGhdO11y3sUfXV_An_7hNmGs4rwjX2Nfo2_j0-UuJUFlcia8Zsmmy2dqqEiokCi2aOKpHim4KfUq9Kv67CrsNixMLIZtQi5HbvjvTa-p8HVxILEosgUyqnNmM3qz3rTb9N-1CPZxtqN2sHdRt2o3vjfmOcK53To1ulG6mLtP-4O73r0-PVv9qP5Y_4J_rr-yA==

Last edited by Rupenus on Mar 21, 2016, 2:47:19 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info