Praise our Lord Vhlad, Master of Sparks and Savior of the arena.

I was having a chill in Sarn Arena with my buddies as usual around that time, casualy one shotting noobs and believing pvp required skill when suddenly... I instantly died from an invisible force. I respawned to die again in a split second dispite my fully capped resists, 5k life and accrobatics. What could it be ? My mind was shattered, left numb with incomprehension. How could such a powerful being exist. Something able to kill me with only the power of his mind from the other side of the map without even moving.

And then I had an epiphany. The prophecy I wrote when the old gods GGG announced Ascendancy sublasses was all wrong. The inquisitor... It wasn't our doom and the bane of PvP as I first though it was. No, in truth It was... our Salvation.

And that salvation had a name, naked as a first born, commander of the mighty ocean of sparks, our lord and savior : Vhlad.

He see no difference between all of us. His love can reach us anywhere. Our resistances doesn't matters to him as he see our true Health Pool behind all our pieces of armor. His light will penetrate and guide us to reincarnation over and over and over and over and over and over again until we reach perfection.

I tell you my fellow exiles, our true Gods are neither the Beast or Kitara. Our true god is born with Ascendancy and is name is Vhlad. Praise his name.

Vhlad is love
Vhlad is life
Vhlad is forgiveness
Vhlad is equality
Vhlad is purity
Vhlad is kindness
Vhlad is wisdom

Embrace his existence and come pray with us in the middle of Sarn where only his righteous followers are protected from the lightning flood of purification.

And damn the infidel, THE HERETIC, the cursed Afhack who dared hurt our lord and savior. I myself took on the duty to punish this fool and I'll do it as much as I have to avenge the glory of our protector Vhlad.

Don't be scared my fellow exile and embrace the light of our savior, as it's not death who await you in his hands, but TRUE salvation.

AMEN
Last edited by IceDeal on Mar 15, 2016, 2:57:36 PM
Last bumped on Mar 21, 2016, 2:09:55 PM
If you kill my low life no life, no ES, no resist, no armour, no evasion, no block, no dodge sparker, like Jesus I return from death with a beard, a robe, and no pants.

There are definitely better built sparkers than mine. But they don't sit in the arena for 5+ hours.

I need to outsource holding right click down. Maybe I should get a monkey.
Never underestimate what the mod community can do for PoE if you sell an offline client.
Good thread, I want make love to Vlhad he so sexy

Spark is POE, POE IS spark.

Spoiler

Tempest was same shit, none complained when tempest abusers used to just run around 1 shot people doing nothing else but teleport if they finaly get hurt.
Poe Pvp experience
https://youtu.be/Z6eg3aB_V1g?t=302
Last edited by Head_Less on Mar 15, 2016, 11:33:29 AM
To bad Vhlad is not as popular as Ghudda, they would have nerf spark and inquisitor in 5 hours.
An example of our Lord and Protector performances tonight, Glory to Vhlad, Savior of the Arena.

Last edited by IceDeal on Mar 16, 2016, 11:14:16 PM
Sparkers are really a bane atm.

This is a typical evening situation: You are happy because there are around a dozen ppl in Sarn Arena (which isnt frequent) and its absolutely a blast. There are one or two dominating Lightning Arrow chars, and everyone over time begins to gang up against them and try different tactics to bring them down.

Right when everyone gets into their rhythm and more happy ppl check out the Arena, yeeeah, a sparker comes in and everyone leaves. Game over, and fun over, for the whole day pretty much. I mean, sure, if ppl just wanna stand alone on the hill or in the corner holding down their mouse, talking to themselves in local chat, fine, but to all sparkers: You can do the same in your hideout, so stay out of the arena and let real players have their fun :)

Just my 2 cent.
if i were a game designer and had seen such abuse, such broken mechanic, i'd be very ashamed.
"You have great power. You're right to be proud. It's unfortunate you have to die now, but I will honor you with 45% of my strength."
its not a mechanical problem, this skill always was like that, it became broken only after numerous damage buffs. effective crowd control skills should stay weak as pvp dps source.
While spark is bad it's not the only bad thing in pvp. GGG needs to focus on off-screen 1 shotting in general, not just on spark. The range on many skills can be incredible (JorgeSantaMariaDelaCruz has proved that recently).

Everything needs reverse far shot in pvp, i.e. The further that damage is applied from its source, the less damage it should do. Spark off screening vs. LA/EA (or almost any long range lmp/gmp projectile, even shrapnel shot) is not much different than a screen view space restricted attacker (totems, melee, blast rain, etc) vs. LA/EA/other long range projectiles. If you don't have the superior range you feel useless.

It's hard to fix too because if they add more barriers/obstructions to sarn to reduce range capability that's also more walls that LA/EA/fireball/arctic breath/etc can shotgun against.

Edit: Sadly offscreening is the main counter to the trap/mine builds so those would get out of hand if offscreening was nerfed. PVP is just a mess.
Never underestimate what the mod community can do for PoE if you sell an offline client.
Last edited by Vhlad on Mar 17, 2016, 12:59:52 PM
how does a fight between 2 sparkers in the 1vs1 arena look like?
8/8 Challenges Anarchy/Onslaught
8/8 Challenges Domination/Nemesis
8/8 Challenges Ambush/Invasion

IGN: @Mob_Barley

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info