[Storm Call Elementalist]Righteous Caller of the Flames [From 2.2 to 2.4 and still viable]

"
MiniMieen wrote:
I played arc before, and I have to say I'm liking it a lot so far. The single target burst is insanely good in comparison with the previous build. I'm in merciless act 2 now and the only issue I'm having right now is mana. 2 jewels & amulet with mana regen can't keep up, constantly spamming my mana flask. The damage I'm putting out makes up for it tho. It's going to be a real problem once I gotta get PoF running as well, wich is fairly close, like 5 more levels. It's going to be a hassle but I'll work it out. Maybe picking up some reduced mana cost of skill nodes, but I don't really think they are worth it. Your thoughts? And how is the mana for you, are you able to sustain spamming storm call?

With warlords mark i am able to sustain high mana cost, but any map with curse immune or half recovery is really slowing me down.

I think the reduced reservation cluster is worth the cost, you will get there anyway if you are taking avatar of fire.

EDIT: Sorry you mean reduced mana cost right? I guess if you are good with damage and survivability it is okay to take them, later on you can respec into something else.
Last edited by dawe45 on Mar 21, 2016, 3:43:00 AM
Hi,

I really like your concept. but I don't get what you mentioned '- Using Paragon of Calamity with this type of build will grant you damage bonus from any element you have been hit by. So in fact you can get over 100% increased damage from this.'

How do you get 100% increased damage from any element you have been hit by? It is 20% physical damage changed to fire damage taken. Therefore you would only get 40% increased damage from fire element? how is it 100%? Can you please explain this part to me?

Thank you in advance.
"
lashmeh wrote:
Hi,

I really like your concept. but I don't get what you mentioned '- Using Paragon of Calamity with this type of build will grant you damage bonus from any element you have been hit by. So in fact you can get over 100% increased damage from this.'

How do you get 100% increased damage from any element you have been hit by? It is 20% physical damage changed to fire damage taken. Therefore you would only get 40% increased damage from fire element? how is it 100%? Can you please explain this part to me?

Thank you in advance.

Now i see that :) Cloak of Flame will grant you that 40% damage when you get hit.

But the fact you are using Paragon of Calamity means that any elemental damage that will hit you will grant you 40% (or 20% in case of cold) damage increase of that element.

And because every lightning and cold damage is now fire damage, those increases will not disappear but are applied on the part that was converted as fire damage increase.

Last edited by dawe45 on Mar 21, 2016, 10:10:59 AM
Updated.

I spent a lot of time in the labyrinth, mainly to complete achievements.

I am planning to start using RF around level 85, because there is still not enough life regen.
Last edited by dawe45 on Mar 21, 2016, 3:02:52 PM
"
dawe45 wrote:
"
lashmeh wrote:
Hi,

Thank you in advance.

Now i see that :) Cloak of Flame will grant you that 40% damage when you get hit.

But the fact you are using Paragon of Calamity means that any elemental damage that will hit you will grant you 40% (or 20% in case of cold) damage increase of that element.

And because every lightning and cold damage is now fire damage, those increases will not disappear but are applied on the part that was converted as fire damage increase.

So that means I need to get hit by fire, cold, lightning damage at once in order to get that 100% increased damage right? It seems like Cloak of Flame doesn't really sync well with Paragon of Calamity at all... Have you considered BELLY OF THE BEAST and Three Dragon for static status (50% increased damage and more HP?) which also works well with Thunder of Herald. Otherwise, Thunder of Herald seems useless for me because you can never deal lightning damage and static status. Maybe Arctic Armor or Clarity is better?

What are your thoughts? Thanks
"
lashmeh wrote:

So that means I need to get hit by fire, cold, lightning damage at once in order to get that 100% increased damage right? It seems like Cloak of Flame doesn't really sync well with Paragon of Calamity at all... Have you considered BELLY OF THE BEAST and Three Dragon for static status (50% increased damage and more HP?) which also works well with Thunder of Herald. Otherwise, Thunder of Herald seems useless for me because you can never deal lightning damage and static status. Maybe Arctic Armor or Clarity is better?

What are your thoughts? Thanks

Cloak of Flame works well for mitigation with Paragon of Calamity, 20% of physical damage is taken as fire so it is reduced by 84% fire resistance AND it grants you another 8% less fire damage taken (which works on RF degen). The bonus 40% increased fire damage is good because there is a lot of MORE multipliers that increase its effectivness by a lot.

Herald of Thunder is here only to add extra flat damage to scaling, even with using three dragons, the damage it does is not very good, also it is reduced by not linking it with cold to fire (50% of cold will get lost in process of converting) and as a curse on hit orb of storms is much better choice. Later on i am planning to switch to something else but for now i have no problems with maps at all.

Arctic Armour might seem like the right choice but you get defensive bonus only if you are standing still and only when hit (not working on RF). Storm Call is not something that you repeatedly cast from the same spot all the time. With this much damage you can squeeze from this build you are able to one shot white mobs and two shot magic ones.

Now for my mana sustain. I am leeching mana a lot and if you looked on my tree there is a lot of mana regeneration allocated so even curse immune is not a big problem.

Now I think you meant Carcass Jack instead of Belly of the Beast and yes, i have considered using this but Cloak seems much better in overall effectivness, you dont need that much damage and radius, if they nerf storm call aoe then yes, it is better choice but now i dont think so.
Last edited by dawe45 on Mar 22, 2016, 8:23:36 AM
hey looking at your tree it only has 7.9 hp regen, I am not sure how paragon calamity and CoF works.
Does it really work with RF degen at such hp regen or do you need to be constantly hit by physical damage with CoF to counter the degen (so it's not really 100% uptime) ? or can you use it with another chest?
Can you explain it please
▒█▀▀█ █▀▀█ █▀▀ █▀▀ █▀▀   ▒█▀▄▀█ G O O D MTX Seal of Quality
▒█▄▄█ █▄▄▀ █▀▀ ▀▀█ ▀▀█   ▒█▒█▒█ O Verified by M-posting, Inc.
▒█░░░ ▀░▀▀ ▀▀▀ ▀▀▀ ▀▀▀   ▒█░░▒█ Y
Last edited by ruipryux on Mar 22, 2016, 2:44:41 PM
"
ruipryux wrote:
hey looking at your tree it only has 7.9 hp regen, I am not sure how paragon calamity and CoF works.
Does it really work with RF degen at such hp regen or do you need to be constantly hit by physical damage with CoF to counter the degen (so it's not really 100% uptime) ? or can you use it with another chest?

Almost every monster in the wild deals physical damage and with CoF you will make sure that part of it will be fire as well.
I understand the uptime depends on your playstyle but in high tier maps you will get hit at least once in a 3 seconds if you are constantly moving between packs.

The wording is clear in this case.
For example Arctic armour has less damage taken when hit, while paragon has just less damage taken of the element (which is global).

Yea 7,9% seems like nothing but earth golem gives me another 120 life regen (that is around 3% life regen) plus the leech from warlords and i am still not using purity of fire, if i will not be able to sustain it on this setup i will swap herald of thunder for vitality (There are still 4 life regen nodes nearby).

Last edited by dawe45 on Mar 22, 2016, 4:43:44 PM
"
dawe45 wrote:
"
ruipryux wrote:

Almost every monster in the wild deals physical damage and with CoF you will make sure that part of it will be fire as well.
I understand the uptime depends on your playstyle but in high tier maps you will get hit at least once in a 3 seconds if you are constantly moving between packs.

The wording is clear in this case.
For example Arctic armour has less damage taken when hit, while paragon has just less damage taken of the element (which is global).

Yea 7,9% seems like nothing but earth golem gives me another 120 life regen (that is around 3% life regen) plus the leech from warlords and i am still not using purity of fire, if i will not be able to sustain it on this setup i will swap herald of thunder for vitality (There are still 4 life regen nodes nearby).

Thanks for the explanation! Yeah, I forget about your golem.
Also, say if I want to replace CoF, is the regen sustainable or do I need to take another regen node?
▒█▀▀█ █▀▀█ █▀▀ █▀▀ █▀▀   ▒█▀▄▀█ G O O D MTX Seal of Quality
▒█▄▄█ █▄▄▀ █▀▀ ▀▀█ ▀▀█   ▒█▒█▒█ O Verified by M-posting, Inc.
▒█░░░ ▀░▀▀ ▀▀▀ ▀▀▀ ▀▀▀   ▒█░░▒█ Y
"
ruipryux wrote:

Thanks for the explanation! Yeah, I forget about your golem.
Also, say if I want to replace CoF, is the regen sustainable or do I need to take another regen node?

I guess it is sustainable without CoF, just use something else.

But dont forget, the higher your life goes, the less effectivness from stone golem :)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info