2.3 Pathfinder - CoC Blocker 9.5k ES 71% block 75% Spell block Uber/Core Viable [Videos inside]

easy deathless uber. nicebuild confirmed!
"
Naishatte wrote:
Hello Nekhebet,

First, thank you for writing this guide, it helped me have a blast in the prophecy league.

I've pushed a low-life version of your build to the limits into prophecy and i am more and more thinking about writing a guide for the variation (which is more or less "get more aura nodes, skip Ming's heart, gain hatred then herald of ice or anger with skyforth/helm aura reduce mana enchant" ). I've seen in the early pages of this thread people asking how low-life would go, and i've experimented about every problem you can face while building my char.

With all buffs up, i can reach 6.700 damage on BV, 22.500 on bladefall, 90% crit, 5.25 APS on cyclone. With all that, i maintain 9K+ES (10K+ can be reached with 20+ exalts helms/gloves and/or 95+levels), the 75% phys block/spell block and all other "build-defining" aspects of your build.

Damage output is about 50% phys, 25% cold, 25% chaos (Hatred/herald of ice atm, i would need helm enchant and an enlighten 4 to swap herald for anger), allowing me to freeze everything i hit, another layer of defenses.

My variation has the same end-game posssibilities as yours, as i've done uber atziri (my first ever) and twinned T15 reflect phys maps myself (first ever also). It's all a matter of taste in the end, i've always been fond of low-life builds and there's no real difference in price between a good vaal regalia and a good shav. It's also quite good on a budget version (shav aren't that expensive anymore), with rainbows, a 5-L and such. You can definitely make it work on a 15ex total budget (including colors and links).

Let me know if writing another guide (with all due credits) would bother you, or if you'd like to include it into your own.

Thanks again, have fun.

hello Naishatte i use low life play this build but i just have 7K ES 68 62 BLOCK whats your gear?

can you teach me ? // (づ ̄3 ̄)づ
For block/block spell, you need a good Rumi's Concoction roll. If you have rainbowstriders+rathpith, cap block on spells is free. When you add Skyforth, you'll have to take a Reckless defense jewel (i dislike the Stone of Lazhwar option).

For the ES part, my stuff is just pretty darn good... :x high ES pieces, crafted %S ES on rings etc...

Gear:
Spoiler

Auras

passive skill tree
Last edited by Naishatte on Jul 6, 2016, 11:00:08 PM
Anyone having problems getting ES back? Seems like its very low when not using atziri's flask.

I have been running with
Spoiler
setup.
Hi Nekhebet,

Thanks for the build it is quite possibly the strongest build i have played.It outputs tons of damage while tanking most stuff with ease.

I need your advice on few stuff if you can spare me your time.I am struggling with Core Malachai.

1.After disaster of chroming to get GGGGB i settled for carnal Armour instead of regealia I am currently at 6.6k es.Which is a bit on lower end.

2.mostly i have followed your skill tree but instead of going in scion cluster i instead went up and got ES node there near whisper of doom.Since i was 5 points away.i took them and made my build tri-curse.Did i make mistake? i run vurna and assassin on blas and CWDT-enfeeble.It serves me well.

Note:heretic veil dropped for me yesterday.I is like dream item for tri curse build but i am not sure if 3 curse of blas is better than my current setup.I mean i can sell that item and update rest of my gear.what is your advice on tri-curse setup.

3.I got advice from few to drop going for max block replace the shield with higher es and take spell block nodes for 3 skill point.I will have 71/65 block will it better coz it will grant me more es or A resist slot.

4.i am having problem leeching mana on malachai and short where vin dosent have 100% uptime and no trash to kill.What should i do.

5.i crafted a basic dagger is it enough or i need to multi mod it.

6.I gave up on chroming my regalia.It was too frustrating. i am using unique shield.How do i get enough ES like you

GEAR

https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAIDAAHRBUIHHg5IDlwPqxEPES8RUBGWFdcV7Ra_GGoZihqPGyUgbiL0JIsknSchJ6kqCyo4KwosnCy_Nbk3TD1fQZZCS0QNRX5HBklRSbFLrkyzUDBSU1S9VmNYB1xAXGtd8l9qYlpjQ2r6bAttGXBScLt1_XgvfOV_gH-Wf8aESIRvhcWGronTjDaNko_6kyeVLpXIlouXBpeVl_SboZ9toS-nK6yYrrOv67VIvorDOsNtxKLHncjw0B_Q0ND1037UQtW518_ZW9te35jfvukC62PsGO9674jv6_DV8uH22vc999f5N_sJ_gn_EA==?accountName=MORPHEUS3&characterName=BladeOfTheNight
Last edited by MORPHEUS3 on Jul 8, 2016, 4:58:39 AM
"
Naishatte wrote:
Hello Nekhebet,

First, thank you for writing this guide, it helped me have a blast in the prophecy league.

I've pushed a low-life version of your build to the limits into prophecy and i am more and more thinking about writing a guide for the variation (which is more or less "get more aura nodes, skip Ming's heart, gain hatred then herald of ice or anger with skyforth/helm aura reduce mana enchant" ). I've seen in the early pages of this thread people asking how low-life would go, and i've experimented about every problem you can face while building my char.

With all buffs up, i can reach 6.700 damage on BV, 22.500 on bladefall, 90% crit, 5.25 APS on cyclone. With all that, i maintain 9K+ES (10K+ can be reached with 20+ exalts helms/gloves and/or 95+levels), the 75% phys block/spell block and all other "build-defining" aspects of your build.

Damage output is about 50% phys, 25% cold, 25% chaos (Hatred/herald of ice atm, i would need helm enchant and an enlighten 4 to swap herald for anger), allowing me to freeze everything i hit, another layer of defenses.

My variation has the same end-game posssibilities as yours, as i've done uber atziri (my first ever) and twinned T15 reflect phys maps myself (first ever also). It's all a matter of taste in the end, i've always been fond of low-life builds and there's no real difference in price between a good vaal regalia and a good shav. It's also quite good on a budget version (shav aren't that expensive anymore), with rainbows, a 5-L and such. You can definitely make it work on a 15ex total budget (including colors and links).

Let me know if writing another guide (with all due credits) would bother you, or if you'd like to include it into your own.

Thanks again, have fun.

If you want to go ahead and make a guide for a low life version that would be great, i will put a link to it in my thread so people can see an alternative route.
"
MORPHEUS3 wrote:
Hi Nekhebet,

Thanks for the build it is quite possibly the strongest build i have played.It outputs tons of damage while tanking most stuff with ease.

I need your advice on few stuff if you can spare me your time.I am struggling with Core Malachai.

1.After disaster of chroming to get GGGGB i settled for carnal Armour instead of regealia I am currently at 6.6k es.Which is a bit on lower end.

2.mostly i have followed your skill tree but instead of going in scion cluster i instead went up and got ES node there near whisper of doom.Since i was 5 points away.i took them and made my build tri-curse.Did i make mistake? i run vurna and assassin on blas and CWDT-enfeeble.It serves me well.

Note:heretic veil dropped for me yesterday.I is like dream item for tri curse build but i am not sure if 3 curse of blas is better than my current setup.I mean i can sell that item and update rest of my gear.what is your advice on tri-curse setup.

3.I got advice from few to drop going for max block replace the shield with higher es and take spell block nodes for 3 skill point.I will have 71/65 block will it better coz it will grant me more es or A resist slot.

4.i am having problem leeching mana on malachai and short where vin dosent have 100% uptime and no trash to kill.What should i do.

6.I gave up on chroming my regalia.It was too frustrating. i am using unique shield.How do i get enough ES like you

GEAR

https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAIDAAHRBUIHHg5IDlwPqxEPES8RUBGWFdcV7Ra_GGoZihqPGyUgbiL0JIsknSchJ6kqCyo4KwosnCy_Nbk3TD1fQZZCS0QNRX5HBklRSbFLrkyzUDBSU1S9VmNYB1xAXGtd8l9qYlpjQ2r6bAttGXBScLt1_XgvfOV_gH-Wf8aESIRvhcWGronTjDaNko_6kyeVLpXIlouXBpeVl_SboZ9toS-nK6yYrrOv67VIvorDOsNtxKLHncjw0B_Q0ND1037UQtW518_ZW9te35jfvukC62PsGO9674jv6_DV8uH22vc999f5N_sJ_gn_EA==?accountName=MORPHEUS3&characterName=BladeOfTheNight

its possible to make a tri curse variation of this build, i think there is a mini guide available around page 9 of the comments, but it involved heretics veil.
"
MORPHEUS3 wrote:
Hi Nekhebet,

GEAR

If you want more es - Option 1) Get a freaking regalia. 2) Upgrade boots, helm, gloves - you can get another 150 ish es only from boots ugrade and something like 100 es from helm, gloves will give you another 50. Use ring with flat es for another 40 and % es jewels.

My armour only has 400 es and i'm sitting at 8k es which is enough for now though if i get a good regalia (800es something) i'd be at around 9k es.

Also, thank you OP for the cool build :) I myself am using shock nova as a 6th link for better leech with vinktar and its going well so far :)

After playing and experimenting with this build, here are my conclusions:

1. Reliable mana sustain: I didn't like relying on Vinktar's for mana leech as its a problem vs bosses and in no mana regen maps, and my build variant reserves almost all of my mana.
Solution: 2x Elreon Jewellery and 1 Mana on hit Jewel

2. Dual curse: While the build works without it, not using a second curse is wasted damage. Vulnerability is a 39% more multiplier on the hit, and double dips on the poison. It also keeps the damage types of the build physical + poison, which is the theme of this build.
Solution: Doedre's Damning is a waste of a ring slot, Windscream is a waste of boots slot(no ES, low movement speed which cyclone relies on). The best solution would be +1 curse Stone of Lazhwar (going for 1 exalt on PSC). Yes, I didn't like the Lazhwar route as well, but it isn't a wasted slot; the 50% spell block allows us to swap our Rathpith Globe for a high ES shield(which is around 200 flat ES gained, and 1200 with multipliers). In other words, if we are dual cursing, Lazhwar is BiS.

3. Power charge generation: Without Skyforth's, using a whole setup just to generate power charges is a waste, especially since the build is tight on sockets. However, the setup isn't wasted if used for both flask charges and generating power charges.
Solution: Make a setup: Blade vortex + Power charge on crit + Increased Duration + (Spell Echo).
This allow us to remove Blade Vortex from our setup and use another gem. This is especially useful for bosses, mainly Uber Atziri, just a few extra clicks for reliable power charge and flask charge generation. For maps, we don't really need to use BV since we one shot everything anyways and gain power charges from Assassin's Mark.
This also means we need 1 less green socket in out chest, which means we can go for a 700+ ES Vaal Regalia with 4G instead of a 500 ES Carnal Armour with 5G.

4. Suggested optimal gem setup: Cyclone + CoC + Bladefall + Ethereal Knives + Increased Crit Strikes + Crit Damage.
Blade Vortex moved to standalone setup as mentioned previously. Ethereal Knives is the biggest damage increase (calculations shown on this guide). Finally, Crit damage seems to be the only gem which efficiently scales both our spells. Controlled Destruction is detrimental to the build as it reduced crit from both the attack and the spells.

Overall (rough estimates from the top of my head):
- Around 85% More damage (roughly 50% from Vulnerability and 25% from Crit Damage gem, 1.5 * 1.25 = 1.875)
- Around 1200 More Energy Shield
- Reliable Mana Sustain
- Reliable Power charge generation vs bosses

Last edited by Bloodmatter on Jul 18, 2016, 11:02:42 PM
If I can't afford Voll's Devotion, does this do better than CoC Discharge?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info