2.3 Pathfinder - CoC Blocker 9.5k ES 71% block 75% Spell block Uber/Core Viable [Videos inside]

Thanks for the guide.

Finding this build tanky, but not very hard hitting. I seem to cap out about Tier 12 on maps. My clear speed gets lower and lower!!

Any suggestions on upgrades? I am thinking the vagan dagger first.

Resists are maxed.

https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAIDAAHRBUIHHg18DkgOXA-rES8RUBGWFdcV7Ra_GYobJR1PIG4i9CSLJJ0nISepKgsqOCsKLJwspiy_NAo1uTdMN2Y9X0GWRA1FfkZxSVFJsUuuTLNQMFJTVL1WY1fJXEBd8l9qYlpknWqMavpsC20Zb55wUnX9dwd_ln_GgwmEb4TFhq6HE4nTjDaNko_6kNaTJ5UulciWi5cGl5WX9Ju1nKSfbaEvotmnK66zr-uw2LQMtUi-isM6xKLHncgUyPDK09Af0NDQ9dN-1ELVudfP2VvfmOkC6rrrY-v17Bjveu-I7-vw1fVv9z35N_4J

Many thanks :)
"
Thanks for the guide.

Finding this build tanky, but not very hard hitting. I seem to cap out about Tier 12 on maps. My clear speed gets lower and lower!!

Any suggestions on upgrades? I am thinking the vagan dagger first.

Resists are maxed.

https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAIDAAHRBUIHHg18DkgOXA-rES8RUBGWFdcV7Ra_GYobJR1PIG4i9CSLJJ0nISepKgsqOCsKLJwspiy_NAo1uTdMN2Y9X0GWRA1FfkZxSVFJsUuuTLNQMFJTVL1WY1fJXEBd8l9qYlpknWqMavpsC20Zb55wUnX9dwd_ln_GgwmEb4TFhq6HE4nTjDaNko_6kNaTJ5UulciWi5cGl5WX9Ju1nKSfbaEvotmnK66zr-uw2LQMtUi-isM6xKLHncgUyPDK09Af0NDQ9dN-1ELVudfP2VvfmOkC6rrrY-v17Bjveu-I7-vw1fVv9z35N_4J

Many thanks :)

Kris bases are the worst you can use because their attack speed is so low. Your amulet is trash. Rainbowstrides are meh. Your rathpith has trash rolls. Your gloves have no attack speed or crit multiplier (AKA they're not Maligaro's/Shadows and Dust/Facebreakers). You don't use Atziri's flask, which is one of the most massive DPS upgrades for pathfinder. You don't have the spell damage per power charge from witch. Also, you need a multimodded vagan dagger.

Furthermore, the belt isn't that great. A corrupted magnate for radius will be MUCH better than your belt.

Suggestions:

Get a Skyforth (obviously--easier said than done, but considering you have a 6L Atziri's Splendor, it should be feasible). Replace rainbowstride block with a reckless defense jewel.
Drop the gloves for one of the three unique damage gloves.
Find a way to get Atziri's flask into your lineup (I'd drop the ruby).
Get a multimodded Vagan dagger.
Get a much better amulet. If you're going to use a Rathpith Globe, your amulet needs to be lights-fucking-OUT to make up for the fact that you're not hitting a 500 ES with spell crit. You need crit chance, crit multi, %ES, and %spell damage, ideally with +1 to curses.

Or, you can try the whole romira's + voll's devotion nonsense.

If possible get a vulnerability on hit corrupted unique gloves with a +1 to curses somewhere (think corrupted amulet).

Edit: see my guide in these forums. These two builds are highly similar in what they wish to achieve. This build does it with cyclone attack speed, mine does it with dedicated blade vortex. However, the gearing/trees are highly siimilar.
Last edited by IlyaK1986 on May 8, 2016, 2:46:18 PM
"
IlyaK1986 wrote:

Kris bases are the worst you can use because their attack speed is so low. Your amulet is trash. Rainbowstrides are meh. Your rathpith has trash rolls. Your gloves have no attack speed or crit multiplier (AKA they're not Maligaro's/Shadows and Dust/Facebreakers). You don't use Atziri's flask, which is one of the most massive DPS upgrades for pathfinder. You don't have the spell damage per power charge from witch. Also, you need a multimodded vagan dagger.

Furthermore, the belt isn't that great. A corrupted magnate for radius will be MUCH better than your belt.

Suggestions:

Get a Skyforth (obviously--easier said than done, but considering you have a 6L Atziri's Splendor, it should be feasible). Replace rainbowstride block with a reckless defense jewel.
Get a much better amulet. If you're going to use a Rathpith Globe, your amulet needs to be lights-fucking-OUT to make up for the fact that you're not hitting a 500 ES with spell crit. You need crit chance, crit multi, %ES, and %spell damage, ideally with +1 to curses.

If possible get a vulnerability on hit corrupted unique gloves with a +1 to curses somewhere (think corrupted amulet).

Edit: see my guide in these forums. These two builds are highly similar in what they wish to achieve. This build does it with cyclone attack speed, mine does it with dedicated blade vortex. However, the gearing/trees are highly siimilar.

That's great feedback, I feel like you ripped me a new one, but that is some good info above.

The Kris, I saw 80% chance and assumed it was the better base. Then my rolls sucked and every since then Vagan has not given me any daggers..

The amulet is the best one I have found so far, agree that it is trash. I have a Atziri's flask. I will give it a try :)

Not sure I can afford skyforth, I was lucky with the atziris splendour. I bought it for 30c, rolled the 6 sockets within 100 jewellers, 6 socketed with about 320fusings and coloured with about 10 chromes.

Levelled to 93 this evening and took the witch node.

My other stuff I have tried/played with.

Thanks again and I will check out your thread. :)

"
"
IlyaK1986 wrote:

Suggestions:

That's great feedback, I feel like you ripped me a new one, but that is some good info above.

The Kris, I saw 80% chance and assumed it was the better base. Then my rolls sucked and every since then Vagan has not given me any daggers..

The amulet is the best one I have found so far, agree that it is trash. I have a Atziri's flask. I will give it a try :)

Not sure I can afford skyforth, I was lucky with the atziris splendour. I bought it for 30c, rolled the 6 sockets within 100 jewellers, 6 socketed with about 320fusings and coloured with about 10 chromes.

Levelled to 93 this evening and took the witch node.

My other stuff I have tried/played with.

Thanks again and I will check out your thread. :)

A vagan dagger I'm pretty certain can be found on poe.trade. And wow, you got obscenely lucky with the Splendor, then.

As to the other stuff:

You don't actually do damage with your cyclone. At least, I'm not sure if this build does, or not. I don't see how it's supposed to, when you don't scale weapon damage at all. Every melee damage mod on jewels is effectively a waste.

The other issue with a CoC falling off is that you scale in two separate directions: you want attack speed and weapon crit chance to proc spells, but then the spells you actually proc are weaker. While bladefall has most of its scaling (okay, you're missing a spell echo support), the blade vortex is a whimper compared to that of a dedicated vortex build, and 30+ stacks in a boss fight going off every second at 80% crit is basically the way you'd hope to sustain the vinktar.
Okay, numbers need to be run in order for us to convince you to use Atziris:

A perfect Atziris is 25% extra damage as chaos, but wait, we run about 50% increased flask effect.

A perfect Atziris is 37.5% extra damage (this is a LOT), but WAIT, extra chaos damage means that it gets included in the poison damage calculation AGAIN, so it's looking around 45% extra damage, 45% is a big number, just for a single flask change, don't stop using it.

As for Jewels: % Increased Area Damage is your friend, since it double-dips on poison, so you get 10% increased damage and 10% increased poison damage on a single mod, that's a sweet increase in DPS.

Now on to curses: Assassins mark is surprisingly strong in this build, since it offers an additive crit chance, so it's 7% PLUS crit chance, but wait, it gets multiplied by the diamond flask, so you're looking at something like 60% crit chance, on diamond flask, it becomes around 90% crit chance. Vulnerability is crucial though, since it's like 30% MORE damage (due to how increased damage received works, it's a mod on the MOBS damage reduction, not on your damage, so it multiplies like it was a MORE modifier) but it double dips for poison since it gives you more base damage, and then more poison damage (we're stacking so much poison double-dipping, this is starting to become huge). My personal recommendation if you wanna keep the tankiness and get another curse is get a +1 curse Lazhwar.

Now listen here, the difference between 90% crit and 93% crit is small, this is due to how diamond flask works, if you get too much crit chance, it won't look much different with each addition. This means that you can comfortably change your Kris for a Skean, Skean seems to be the optimal dagger base, while some people swear by the Stilleto, anyways, the loss in crit chance is low, thanks to Ass. Mark and diamond flask, but the increase in attack speed is HUGE, more AS, more DPS.

Finally, this build is a spellcasting build for most intents and purposes, melee damage does so little when compared to spell damage, and crit chance stops being relevant after a point.
"
Orangesilk wrote:
Okay, numbers need to be run in order for us to convince you to use Atziris:

A perfect Atziris is 25% extra damage as chaos, but wait, we run about 50% increased flask effect.

A perfect Atziris is 37.5% extra damage (this is a LOT), but WAIT, extra chaos damage means that it gets included in the poison damage calculation AGAIN, so it's looking around 45% extra damage, 45% is a big number, just for a single flask change, don't stop using it.

As for Jewels: % Increased Area Damage is your friend, since it double-dips on poison, so you get 10% increased damage and 10% increased poison damage on a single mod, that's a sweet increase in DPS.

Now on to curses: Assassins mark is surprisingly strong in this build, since it offers an additive crit chance, so it's 7% PLUS crit chance, but wait, it gets multiplied by the diamond flask, so you're looking at something like 60% crit chance, on diamond flask, it becomes around 90% crit chance. Vulnerability is crucial though, since it's like 30% MORE damage (due to how increased damage received works, it's a mod on the MOBS damage reduction, not on your damage, so it multiplies like it was a MORE modifier) but it double dips for poison since it gives you more base damage, and then more poison damage (we're stacking so much poison double-dipping, this is starting to become huge). My personal recommendation if you wanna keep the tankiness and get another curse is get a +1 curse Lazhwar.

Now listen here, the difference between 90% crit and 93% crit is small, this is due to how diamond flask works, if you get too much crit chance, it won't look much different with each addition. This means that you can comfortably change your Kris for a Skean, Skean seems to be the optimal dagger base, while some people swear by the Stilleto, anyways, the loss in crit chance is low, thanks to Ass. Mark and diamond flask, but the increase in attack speed is HUGE, more AS, more DPS.

Finally, this build is a spellcasting build for most intents and purposes, melee damage does so little when compared to spell damage, and crit chance stops being relevant after a point.

I hope the inspiration came from my write-up of my pathfinder =P
"
IlyaK1986 wrote:

It actually kinda did, though that version is a very, very expensive build. It really has the DPS optimization part down.

If I wanted to switch from this build to yours it'd be super easy since both builds share a lot in common. I'm more enamored by CoC as a concept though, specially the idea of casting simultaneously 3 unsupported spells, as opposed to every other build in the game, which try to focus around one skill and as many supports as possible.

This version also has the advantage that you can get started just with a nicely colored 5L and a Vagan dagger.
"
Orangesilk wrote:
"
IlyaK1986 wrote:

It actually kinda did, though that version is a very, very expensive build. It really has the DPS optimization part down.

If I wanted to switch from this build to yours it'd be super easy since both builds share a lot in common. I'm more enamored by CoC as a concept though, specially the idea of casting simultaneously 3 unsupported spells, as opposed to every other build in the game, which try to focus around one skill and as many supports as possible.

This version also has the advantage that you can get started just with a nicely colored 5L and a Vagan dagger.

Well yeah, my inspiration came from the God-Tier Lawn Mower build. Then I realized low-life had too many holes to plug, and switched to CI. This build, in fact, made me realize that Sovereignty was a bad idea because force shaper + shadow phys/chaos start is just so much more worth it.

The issue with CoC, though, is that you're pulled into two separate directions: you need a lot of local crit chance on your weapon, which takes away from your spell crit chance that a dagger povides. In the meantime, by not scaling BV, your flask generation from BV will be lacking.

The question is can the cyclone crit + bladefall crit make up for the loss of dedicated BV?

My sample size is one friend, but that sample size was a massive negative.

Still, it was this build that deathless cleared TWIN VAAL TEMPLE, which is all sorts of holy shit.

So yeah, CI Pathfinder sisters FTW =P
Just wanted to thank the OP for this build.

Finished the league months ago but wanted to paste here until i vendor it all. ^^

Spoiler
Last edited by Moksu on May 9, 2016, 4:36:29 AM
Loving this build op

Another dual t15 down like a joke.

https://youtu.be/R6tna7sc-Rc

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info