[2.2] Assassin Flicker Strike - Low/Medium Budget - 750k DPS - Life Based

thx for the build, having so much fun with it. Altho i have a question, my gear is pretty much similar to yours, but instead of Lightning coil im runing 5L daresso Defiance ( without Phys to lightning gem ). My shadow is lvl 80 atm and my dps only 4k ( in town ), around 20k with flasks n etc. Im doing something wrong?
"
Ricenseo wrote:
thx for the build, having so much fun with it. Altho i have a question, my gear is pretty much similar to yours, but instead of Lightning coil im runing 5L daresso Defiance ( without Phys to lightning gem ). My shadow is lvl 80 atm and my dps only 4k ( in town ), around 20k with flasks n etc. Im doing something wrong?

Daresso's is what i use :D

Flicker strike does not automatically calculate the dps, it only calculates the "per hit" damage. To get your actual "dps" you have to take your "per hit" damage, and multiply it by how many attacks per second you get. Dividing 1 by your "attack time" gives you your attacks per second. Here's the formula: "Per hit" x (1/"attack time") = dps || ex: 83,000 x (1/.11) = 754,545
"
Daresso's is what i use :D

yea, i did followerd your version of this build :) Altho, i compared my stats to this thread screenshots and my stats kinda sux :(
"
"
3500 Hp??, and with abyssus? What's the hell, even a 5K hp toon with LC+ abyssus gets recked when hurt by big physical hits. you do not block attacks, only have 40% dodge...

It's a freakin suicide man. Pitifull...

and the dps is NOT that high, 528 000 fully buffed with pots.

The clear speed is alright, because flicker strike clear speed is insane. The build itself is just a suicide fest for t10+ maps ( crematorium boss will two shot you if you are not lucky, gorge boss will 3 shots you if you do not kill it fast enough, village ruin boss is of course undoable but a lot of ppls avoid it, argus is doable because it's slow).

3500 hp is not "life" based, it's "i pick up some nodes to not get killed by white monsters".
If you meet a volatile blood monster, you will be oneshooted on kill.

40% dodge 30% spell dodge 17% block is too low with 3500 hp. LC + abyssus counter each other and give a little room to breath but it's not enough.

Of course it's budget. But it's not viable in high maps and when could be.

Mkay, gonna admit, i didn't even bother reading your full post after seeing this much.

Personally, i have 3300 hp, i get 750k fully buffed, i full cleared a gorge map without tast of hate or enhance, and a 3L flicker: flicker, multistrike, and melee splash. (i tried to record a proof of concept video, but my pc isnt up to running recording software D:)

750k dps is enough to one shot most mobs in most maps (aside from the few tanky ones that can take a hit of over 83k and live)

Volatile blood is only a problem in: negative max resist or elemental weakess (dependent on you gear/overcap). Outside of those map mods, Volatile blood is a non-issue.

Crematorium is a cake walk, including the boss, many deathless runs with random map mods.

Village Ruin is RNG based, on weather or not you get pinned by the chicken, and where you are when he uses the rain of arrows. I've killed them on flicker, but it was sketchy. The mechanics of village ruin bosses are not conducive to the mechanics of flicker strike on ANY build, as the chicken pins you, stopping your flicker and whirling blades.

Argus is doable because you have evasion, dodge, block, smoke clouds, etc. Also, whirling blades away when you see an attack animation. Don't get hit. This is a glass cannon build, you have to dodge (skill based dodge i mean, not dodge chance)

I can confirm that this build is viable up to tier 14 maps. I've killed Palace Dom, Conservatory Oversauls, and Piety all deathless. I haven't had many T15s so i cant say how Daresso, Kaom, and Malachi will go. I tend to do those on my summoner just to avoid any risk as it is a glass cannon build. (i don't buy maps)

I've killed Regular Atziri (Atziri herself is the hard part, everything up to that is a 2 minute clear). I wouldn't however say i can reliably kill her as i personally suck at dodging her spells, but to a more skilled player, it is 100% doable

In Perandus League with a budget version of the build, tier 12 maps are doable. Our Guild's Tier 13+ maps were saved for guaranteed risk free builds that can full clear anything deathless, including things like Twinned Core and Alluring Abyss.

I gotta admit to the previous poster though.
The build could use a bit more defence

maybe switch to energy shield or something with CoE and lose the abyssus would be my idea.

I respect the build idea but I am guessing this is strictly solo build asu wouldnt kill bosses in parties fast enough to survive

Just the fact that you did normal atziri trio with this version of the build with 3.5k hp is truly impressive and I believe that you are better player than me when it comes to understanding how your character works and moves.

However I think that there will be bosses "ones with invulnerable phases like t15 daresso" or any other bosses similar in style would give tou a very hard time

ever tried uber with this build?
if ya ever did, how do u manage her spears?

Just a friendly criticism as it seems though you turn very defensive when it comes to what you build lacks.

I recently specced into flicker strike and its super fun but there are times when I wish I was tankier
and I have 10k ES and i doubt that you dont get that feeling with 3.5k hp

Other than that, very interesting variation of flicker strike.

Its harder to see non CI melee characters these days but here you are! :)

GG
"
DDseedFoot wrote:
"
"
3500 Hp??, and with abyssus? What's the hell, even a 5K hp toon with LC+ abyssus gets recked when hurt by big physical hits. you do not block attacks, only have 40% dodge...

It's a freakin suicide man. Pitifull...

and the dps is NOT that high, 528 000 fully buffed with pots.

The clear speed is alright, because flicker strike clear speed is insane. The build itself is just a suicide fest for t10+ maps ( crematorium boss will two shot you if you are not lucky, gorge boss will 3 shots you if you do not kill it fast enough, village ruin boss is of course undoable but a lot of ppls avoid it, argus is doable because it's slow).

3500 hp is not "life" based, it's "i pick up some nodes to not get killed by white monsters".
If you meet a volatile blood monster, you will be oneshooted on kill.

40% dodge 30% spell dodge 17% block is too low with 3500 hp. LC + abyssus counter each other and give a little room to breath but it's not enough.

Of course it's budget. But it's not viable in high maps and when could be.

Mkay, gonna admit, i didn't even bother reading your full post after seeing this much.

Personally, i have 3300 hp, i get 750k fully buffed, i full cleared a gorge map without tast of hate or enhance, and a 3L flicker: flicker, multistrike, and melee splash. (i tried to record a proof of concept video, but my pc isnt up to running recording software D:)

750k dps is enough to one shot most mobs in most maps (aside from the few tanky ones that can take a hit of over 83k and live)

Volatile blood is only a problem in: negative max resist or elemental weakess (dependent on you gear/overcap). Outside of those map mods, Volatile blood is a non-issue.

Crematorium is a cake walk, including the boss, many deathless runs with random map mods.

Village Ruin is RNG based, on weather or not you get pinned by the chicken, and where you are when he uses the rain of arrows. I've killed them on flicker, but it was sketchy. The mechanics of village ruin bosses are not conducive to the mechanics of flicker strike on ANY build, as the chicken pins you, stopping your flicker and whirling blades.

Argus is doable because you have evasion, dodge, block, smoke clouds, etc. Also, whirling blades away when you see an attack animation. Don't get hit. This is a glass cannon build, you have to dodge (skill based dodge i mean, not dodge chance)

I can confirm that this build is viable up to tier 14 maps. I've killed Palace Dom, Conservatory Oversauls, and Piety all deathless. I haven't had many T15s so i cant say how Daresso, Kaom, and Malachi will go. I tend to do those on my summoner just to avoid any risk as it is a glass cannon build. (i don't buy maps)

I've killed Regular Atziri (Atziri herself is the hard part, everything up to that is a 2 minute clear). I wouldn't however say i can reliably kill her as i personally suck at dodging her spells, but to a more skilled player, it is 100% doable

In Perandus League with a budget version of the build, tier 12 maps are doable. Our Guild's Tier 13+ maps were saved for guaranteed risk free builds that can full clear anything deathless, including things like Twinned Core and Alluring Abyss.

I gotta admit to the previous poster though.
The build could use a bit more defence

maybe switch to energy shield or something with CoE and lose the abyssus would be my idea.

I respect the build idea but I am guessing this is strictly solo build asu wouldnt kill bosses in parties fast enough to survive

Just the fact that you did normal atziri trio with this version of the build with 3.5k hp is truly impressive and I believe that you are better player than me when it comes to understanding how your character works and moves.

However I think that there will be bosses "ones with invulnerable phases like t15 daresso" or any other bosses similar in style would give tou a very hard time

ever tried uber with this build?
if ya ever did, how do u manage her spears?

Just a friendly criticism as it seems though you turn very defensive when it comes to what you build lacks.

I recently specced into flicker strike and its super fun but there are times when I wish I was tankier
and I have 10k ES and i doubt that you dont get that feeling with 3.5k hp

Other than that, very interesting variation of flicker strike.

Its harder to see non CI melee characters these days but here you are! :)

GG

Sorry for the late reply here, Vaalamity has kinda gone AWOL, and I don't check this old thread that often anymore.

As for the previous poster, I admit that I was a bit "defensive" mostly due to outright ignorance (I was also probably in a bit of a shitty mood at the time, and should have waited to reply. There is no excuse for that). Granted, there is still a distinct difference between 'trying to criticize while still being helpful' and 'trying to shit on someone'. I will on the other hand respect a well thought out reply whether it is positive or negative, and will show due respect. (like yours for example)

This build was kinda an experimental build about testing layered defenses, which worked gloriously at the time. It didn't focus on just being tons of life/es and evasion/armor/block/dodge. It had a bit of each which acted like a single large defense. It mainly all has to deal with avoiding being hit and timing your movements though. You can usually tank a hit or two, but nothing should really live long enough to hit you a third time. I managed to make it up to level 92 using this build, but ultimately got bored with leveling (as i normally do) and went back to doing very high risk maps.

With the build as it is though, i seldom get hit or die unless i'm doing something outright suicidal (like i normally enjoy doing)

Vaalamity also somewhat lost the scope of what i intended for the build to be with his guide, and his version of the build. I never intended to bring this build into T13+ maps, as it was meant to just farm T8s-T12s without issue. It was intended to be a budget build that anyone could make in less than an exalt just to farm up some currency and items, having some fun along the way. (I even used a rarity culler variant in Perandus, which dropped a shav's in dried lake). I'm also a junkie for using daggers (I <3 daggers), and don't care for 2h builds. The MAIN reason for this build though, were all the flicker builds using like 5+ mirror items and saying the build is "viable"... any build is viable with 1000 exalts. Elemental hit is viable with 1000 exalts; you can even do a viable vigilant strike character with 1000 exalts.

As for Atziri, just like with any build, it just depends on the player. Uber is a bit out of scope of this build though, it was never intended to tackle that difficulty of content (Normal Atziri isn't even the intended purpose of this build). In normal Atziri, Oversauls and Trio all die instantly, even Atziri herself is brought down to one life before she goes into the first split phase. The tricky part is using frenzy or some other attack like reave or frost blades to burn down one of the split phase adds and avoid the void zones (because if you flicker to the mirror, you die). I have not however tried Uber with this build. I can see it killing Oversauls and Trio (maybe), but Atziri herself leaves no room for mistakes with 3.5k hp.

If I were to make another flicker strike build, it would not be a budget build like this one. I would likely go either LL or CI with CoE, Skyforth, and Acuity (possilby shav's, beast fur, or a vaal regalia). Life based builds these days are just very weak by comparison to ES builds due to sheer ES numbers.

This build does certainly have its limits; T15 Daresso, T15 Malachai (havent tried new Core, it may be doable), the Guardians, etc. pose definite problems due to the fact that you cannot just one shot them.

Thank you for taking the time to reply though. :)
Last edited by ImmolationAngel on Nov 4, 2016, 6:43:04 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info