[2.2] Assassin Flicker Strike - Low/Medium Budget - 750k DPS - Life Based

Thx for the guide. Testing out Flicker with my Crit/Block Gladiator now, it works pretty well.
Not using Blood Dance, this helm enchant and Blood Rage works ok.

rest of my gear/setup
Spoiler
Kitty's Guide On Post Formatting - view-thread/1913874
Last edited by Dkodr on Apr 14, 2016, 10:14:28 AM
"
Geisalt wrote:
guess what? even with +1K hp and without abyssus, physical damage is a pain in the ass if i'm not carefull, i often die to volatile blood and similar shit. It's an already ultra squishy glass cannon build. I'm sure of it 3500 hp is NOT enough to survive decently in maps after t10.

Sorry that your version is worse than mine; Don't know what else to tell you. We clear T14's without dying, and with 3500 hp. Immolation does it even without Lightning Coil. You're trying to tell me I don't clear the maps I do and that it isn't possible, but we do it and it isn't an issue for us. Tell ya what, let me see if I can't have Immolation give me some videos of his build. Keep in mind he is the glass cannon version, and I tank far better (though don't have as much damage). I play the game on a 7 year old PC that wasn't top of the line back then so I can't record.

Update incoming. PM you when videos are up in a min.

"
Dkodr wrote:

Thx for the guide. Testing out Flicker with my Crit/Block Gladiator now, it works pretty well.
Not using Blood Dance, this helm enchant and Blood Rage works ok.

That helm enchant seems pretty solid. I can totally see that working. There are times when I'm like "why am I using Blood Dance? I can maintain charges without it." Cept in certain situations I can't, and if I don't I would die, so that's a nice alternative. I might add that as a caveat to the build. Nice find. Glad the build is working for you.
Updated with videos of Immolation's version of build. There are slight differences, but overall both builds will play the same. My Lightning Coil version clears a little slower but never dies. The perfect middle ground for someone (if they desired) would be to run my build but switch out the Topaz Flask with Lion's Roar for a perfect hybrid of the two builds.
Spoiler

Spoiler
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAYBAAW1Bx4M8g5IEJIRLxGWFr8brSM2I_Yk_SaVKgss4TBxMHwyMjY9N9Q6Qj3iPs9HBkjuSVFLeE2SUUdTEFVLXfJh4mKsY0NqjGwIbIxwUnBWdf14rnsUfeOEb4nTjDaNfY2_kBuUuJUumhOdqqLZo4qkeKXLpn-nNKxmsNixs7TFtUi5PrxvvebBScHVwuzIFMjc1CPUQth22Ybb1Nvn3aje-OdU62PtP-1B8NXxivLh9W_2_P4d_94=?accountName=fenermert&characterName=TAMAKAGE

hi ı wanna ask you something i cant get the balance to resist so i need to open 2. jeweller socket
i wanna do your build i like that but i dont understand about fighting boss if has a one no more add
i cant kill boss what is wrong with me can you tell me ?
and other question my mana 608 i cant open herald of ash how ı can open all buff ? I try to open but
my mana drop a 20 so ı cant do
Last edited by fenermert on Apr 26, 2016, 5:55:42 AM
Thoughts on enfeeble instead of warlords mark? or do we really need the extra leech?
https://www.pathofexile.com/fullscreen-passive-skill-tree/AAAABAYBAQHcBX0FtQzyD6sPxBQgFSAWqha_GbQi6iP2JIsk_SaVKCoqCyzhLVUtgzBxMHw1kjpCO3w9Pj3RPs9HBkd-S3hNklBHUUdVS13yXz9h4mKsY0NlTWqMbIxwUnC7dqx343gNeWh9dX3jf8aE2YVSidOLT4w2jX2Nv4_6kn2XeZtqoqOi2aOKpcunNKlurGatjbDYtMW18rjKuT69Nr3mvqfAGsEEwcXC7MM6yBTPftDQ037UI9h22L3ZYdvn3ajkUeXP51To1uoY7BjuDu8O73ry4fVv9qP2_Pcy_rr_3g==?accountName=rudagr&characterName=Flickerrick
Playing with 3.3~3.5 K Life wasn't even enough before 2.0...

You will reach a point were a progress in leveling will be infinitely impossible, but at the end,
of course, it's up to you and everyone that tries your build.

BUT at least don't call what you have a ton of mitigation

Why not try to make the Build more tanky, since dps as you mentioned is not the problem?
+1

I've completely redesinged passive skill tree, reached 15k per use on a 5L with Bino's standing in h/o no charges with crap gear (one diamond, no phys dmg on gear aside from Abyssus). 24k with 6/3 charges @ 7.1 aps meaning around 170k dps, 95% crit chance, 602% muti. Specced also quite a bit in life / eva nodes near ranger and shadow, abandoned duelist area. I've tested LC + Saffaels vs Daresso's + high eva / life shied. With passive tree that supports some (90%+) eva increase I preffer Daresso's + high eva / life shield + AA over LC + Saffaels + PoL.

I've manage to reach 170k dps on crap gear with Bino's on a 5L, 4k life, 35% chance to evade / 46% dodge / 30% spell dodge, having quite a bit of life leech (Daresso's, Doryanis, passives) and Bino's life regen, with arctic armour and 3 perma endurance charges on top of that. Thats a bit more defence that original build has and yet still - thats not enough for end-game. Vaal Pakt doesnt help either, in fact its worse than Bino's regen + leech combination.

To conclude: 35% - 40% eva / 46% dodge / 30% - 46% spell dodge (you can throw Atzir's step) with 4k ehp is a solid defence for a RANGE character like TS, Voltaxic LA, Barrage CoC and so on. Not for Flicker build imo. At least not for Flicker build that cannot kill end-game bosses with one Flicker burst. This needs larger ehp pool or entirely different approach.
Latest guides:
3.11 Loki's Rainbownuke:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2904155
3.7 CI CoC Discharge: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2605608
3.7 Juggernaut life Mjolner: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1846362
Last edited by RicoKGB on May 4, 2016, 2:35:18 AM
Why do you link multistrike to frenzy? It lowers the rate you gain frenzy charges, as the extra attacks don't produce any charges, and the time to attack 3 times is more than 1 w/o multistrike.
"
Gwilldabeast wrote:
Why do you link multistrike to frenzy? It lowers the rate you gain frenzy charges, as the extra attacks don't produce any charges, and the time to attack 3 times is more than 1 w/o multistrike.

It's good for damaging specific targets that you may not otherwise want to kill with flicker. If you come across the occasional exceptionally hard to kill "allies cannot die" mob or something, it helps you dps it down quickly. It's very rare that you actually have to use it to build up frenzy charges.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info