[2.2] 100% chaos ICE TRAPPER - UBER down (T15 Abyss Double Boss fight in 10 sec!!)

"
eragon1111 wrote:

It's not a bug thats how GGG implemented Totems and Traps. They are separate beings influenced by your stats.

Agreed; it's consistent with how EO works with traps.

Moreover, expect a nerf as you suggest. This enchant is way too good for trap builds (or totem builds for that matter or other builds - I can't think of any - where the crit won't be credited to you. Crit summoner, maybe - if such a thing is viable).

Last edited by hankinsohl on Apr 20, 2016, 8:28:05 AM
"
eragon1111 wrote:

I wouldn't even try to buy those. On average it would take 5-10 runs to get them. 7+% chance is like heaven to earth compared to 0.28% for helmet enchant...

There are 15 level 66 boot enchants. Assuming that all are equally likely, you'll have approximately a 6.7% chance to get the enchant each time you take the Merciless Labyrinth boot enchant.

Therefore, for a 50% chance after n runs we have:

(14/15)^n = 1 - 0.5

Solving for n we get approximately 10 runs. Of course your luck may be better or worse than this.

Whether to buy or not...

Assuming that boots with the stats you want and with the enchant are available, the cost of the enchant on these boots equals the cost of the boots with the enchant minus the cost of the same (or similar) boots without the enchant.

Against this, you have the time value of currency. As a first approximation, the time value of the enchant equals the amount of currency you could have raised - for example by magic finding - in the time it would have taken you to run 10 Merciless Labyrinths.

If you could have raised more currency in the time it would take you to run 10 Merciless Labyrinth runs than the cost of the enchant, consider buying the boots without the enchant and making the labyrinth runs. It's a bit more complicated than this, but I think you get the idea.

Whatever you pay for the cost of the enchant, is basically insurance against how much it might cost you to buy boots without the enchant and run more than 10 Labyrinth runs instead.
Last edited by hankinsohl on Apr 20, 2016, 10:17:30 AM
Or to summarise:

Trade > play (as usual with poe)
"
mrpetrov wrote:
Or to summarise:

Trade > play (as usual with poe)

Maybe,

But what if you want max life/spell dodge Atziri's Steps with this enchant, or some other boots where the enchant is either not available or is extremely expensive? In such cases, you might be forced into running Labyrinths.

It might also be better to run Labyrinths in other cases.

So it's not exactly clear cut.

As stated in my previous post, it boils down to your time value of currency versus how much you value insurance against bad luck and whether or not the boots you want are even available for sale with this enchant.

Ahem...

QED.

LOL.

You actually do need to make the comparison to decide one way or another in your particular case.
Last edited by hankinsohl on Apr 20, 2016, 11:22:40 AM
Is it normal at level 70 to have 3k life ?...Without any jewels ?...my gear is

it's not the best but not the worst either...With jewels Will I get enough life for ubers?
Never invite Vorana, Last To Fall at a beer party.
"
Asag wrote:
Because its awesome dps boost. And the crit % loss is very small. Just equip this gem and check how much you lost crit chance.

Btw I finished the OP tree. What would be now best options? Would like to get some more life but every node is a bit far away. Need atleast 3 skill (3x dex) points to reach some life % on tree.

Would be Hearthseeker better option then (3 nodes, 50% crit chance, 40% crit multi)?

How do u guys deal with squishyness? No hasnt picked any eva nodes.
If someone is looking for HC viable non-crit version of the build ive created short guide on how to do it:

CLICK

I can't think of a better non-crit trapper example posted on the forums right now.
IGN: PojzonAbyss
[3.2] Immortal Indigon Poet's Pen Hirophant - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2129766
[3.1] Yamata No Orochi - Oni-Goroshi Jugg http://poeurl.com/bHB9
[2.4] The True Queen Of The Forest - Poison LA/BR Pathfinder http://poeurl.com/M6u [Retired]
I changed my ice trapper to this build even with 1 dagger it rocks i just wanna say thank you bro
Really thanks for sharing this Build, i´m running this Critheavy -> overall clearspeed (Increased Area of Effect Gem) and espacially killspeed vs Bosses is just insane. Love it.

Buffed with frenzy and power charges + atziris promise:

http://imgur.com/KkjTbGG /w ConcEffect
http://imgur.com/ha7esmB /w IncAoE

And still even more room for damage increase, if i could get lucky vaal orbing a 21/20 Ice Trap!

For Defense Purpose its good to get use to Whirlwind as best you can (moving in circles or zick/zack) and steadily use your defense flasks and spamm Traps in your way forward -> death monsters can´t do any damage and u make ALOT of damage - i mean a shitload of damage, its crazy!

Running with 4584 Life on 4707 Evasion (8085 with Flaskbuffs) on 40/46 Dodge (52/58 with Flaskbuffs + Capped Resists with additional 29% ChaosResist plus Blasphemy Temporal Chains (the Slow is really helping with keep monsters at distance) and it doens´t feel squishy at all. Never had a instant oneshot death yet and i´m running pretty dirty Mapmods from time to time.

And i also don´t use any ManaFlask (unless its No Regen Mod) or EB/ZO/MOM (I personally don´t like the idea to invest so much passivpoints to get those Nodes) - with good Manareg Ring + Amulet + Level 20 Clarity you can easily get way over 90+ Manareg (Running with 100.8 Manareg right now) thats more than enough even for - 20/40/60% less Mana/LifeReg Mods.

Edit: Profile shud be Public if some1 is interested in gearing and passiv tree/jewels

Last edited by ÐeathwinG on Apr 20, 2016, 7:16:14 PM
"
ÐeathwinG wrote:

Edit: Profile shud be Public if some1 is interested in gearing and passiv tree/jewels

For others to see your characters you also need to go to "Privacy Settings" and uncheck the "Hide Characters tab" box.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info